Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

My list of things to get fixed before i buy

Probably overreacting on the title, but hey, ATTENTION GRAB :O
    Now, i will probably buy the game unless Bioware doesn't fix two of the things i listed below.

Anyway, here we go:

-Chat bubbles above player's heads. /say for all players, /party and /ops visible between group members.

-No camera auto-adjust, free camera. (not playing without this)

-Changable UI. Change, resise, move, hide, transparency of stock UI similar to RIFT. (not playing without this)

-"Quest items" icon on the quest tracker, opening the inventory searching for whatever item i need to click during combat gets old realy realy fast.

-Moddable UI. For raidframes, TargetOfTarget, FocusTarget, macros, new art, dmg meters, etc...

-Saving settings across all characters and option for character-specific changes (graphics, UI settings, keybinds, etc...)

-Ninja loot protection. Don't allow players roll on useless for them loot, such as Bounty Hunters Needing on Willpower gear.

-Full control of item preview model with panning, zoom and turn with direct mouse control, NOT the obnoxious drag-to-spin mechanic on it. Same on character creation.

-Weapons preview on item preview.

-Way-way-way more visible Target reticule. During the weekend test every time several enemies clumped up i couldn't find wich target i was targetting. An example could be that my target has 100% opacity and overlaps the other nameplates while the other nameplates are at 60% opacity at 70% smaller with 30% desaturated colour.

-TargetOfTarget, Mouseover party-raidframes functionality, Auto-assists. Auto-assist simply means like, for example, if i'm targetting a boss and cast a heal the heal will land on the boss' target, and vice-versa, attacking the main tank will shoot his target.

Things that would be nice:

-During dialogs, show the text of the actual dialog my character will say instead of some arbitrary meaning. I'm tired of pressing Esc every time my character says something unexpected and wrong. This is a huge dealbreaker in multiplayer dialogs and ending up facepalming in frustration.

-Connect taxi flights in Kaas city, it's frustrating to run back and forth between the two droids :\

-Sniper rifles for Agent Operatives. One of the big reasons i rolled an agent is to sport a sexy sniper rifle, only to find out Snipers can only be DPS without stealth killed it for me to play on that AC.

-Sprint at level 8 would feel most perfect as most players aproaching the end of the first zone builds up towards anticipation and gaining Sprint would make me go "HERE WE GO ALMOST DONE WEEEE". Otherwise it's just painful to walk so much. Not that i mind walking it's just feels grindy "gotta grind to the sprint lvl -.-".

-During dialogs display the icons of all items being transfered such as delivered items or quest items recieved. This may simply be a popup of the icon and having it "fall" into the bottom of the screen and vice-versa.

-Quest icons. I swear every single quest i've found was because i saw the icon on the minimap and not because i looked around and saw an NPC with a quest. And i'm used to look at minimaps constantly. Make them always visible and BIGGER.

Things i did actually like:

-The map/minimap waypoint icons showing where i need to go

-Overall sound and music. Had a few bugs like missing sounds but that's because it's still beta i guess.

-Good graphics engine. RIFT, altho a very good game, has a terrible graphics engine.

-Playing the class quests actually feel like as if i was that class. I am totally rolling an agent, realy dig those class missions.

-I played WoW after this weekend test and it felt realy... um... like i was playing a cute flash game over on newgrounds.com with quests like "Hey, click on that thing because the quest text of an NPC pretending to be furniture said so.".

I'd suggest you actually look at the options\preferences menus, since you seem to have missed a couple of your "MUST HAVE THIS!!!".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    I'd suggest you actually look at the options\preferences menus, since you seem to have missed a couple of your "MUST HAVE THIS!!!".
    I did, every single time i've made a new character unfortunatly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't agree with all of your points but you do have some legitimate concerns. There is a niche group of SWTOR fans that are against criticizing the game as if it were some holy artifact. But I hardly think the majority of the list is deal breaking. What they game does desperately need is improved travel, better raid frames and/or target-target. Also mouseover casting if they don't want to allow macros. I have a Naga, healing isn't that bad, but I don't think someone should have to shell out that amount of money if they want to heal effectively.

My concerns about how Bioware manages the game down the line. Trion has spoiled me dearly.

While it won't stop me from buying, I do agree on every point.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can turn off the camera auto adjust in the menu. I did, it was infuriating.

I am most likely still going to pick this game up just for the free first month just to see if things actually go well for the game but if it is not looking good i will stay with my main game which is WoW. Although i really dont know, after playing a beta character to level 14 i just didnt get that WOW factor i did when i first picked up WoW. And by WOW i mean awesomeness not World of Warcraft.

My post was about the Camera Auto Adjustment, since you can already disable it atm.

Concerning the UI, if they added a Target of Target and a hp numeric value to the red bar, i'd be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisuro View Post
    You can turn off the camera auto adjust in the menu. I did, it was infuriating.
    How? I turned off every camera related option and none of them disabled the "smart camera".

I'm sure this thread would be an ounce better on the official forums.

Deleted
    Not going to buy it all, to me it is just a rehash of what other mmo's have to offer just centered in the star wars universe.

Also it still doesnt look like it is ready for release hope they will polish it up some more before throwing it into the savage world, tho I aint impress by the game I am still hoping it will be competitive towards wow so they might actually put some effort into developing original content with mop instead stealing things from other mmo's or rehashing old content.

PS wouldnt mind karazhan being recycled!

I agree with all of these, actually. I spent five minutes looking for a quest giver because the icon over his head was the same color as the giant wall of light behind him. And I have no idea why an MMO coming out in 2011 would have such a dated UI; the fact that MMOs still force you to use add-ons to easily display HoT timers and need-to-know buffs/debuffs on raid frames is ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    How? I turned off every camera related option and none of them disabled the "smart camera".
    Well, I can't check now I am, however, certain, that I did that somehow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matters View Post
    I am most likely still going to pick this game up just for the free first month just to see if things actually go well for the game but if it is not looking good i will stay with my main game which is WoW. Although i really dont know, after playing a beta character to level 14 i just didnt get that WOW factor i did when i first picked up WoW. And by WOW i mean awesomeness not World of Warcraft.
    Hate to tell you but that "WOW" feeling is gone, forever. Its nostalgia. I assume you've spent some time playing WoW and have become accustomed to the genre by now. No game will give you another "WOW" moment because the genre is no longer new to you.

Poor SW:TOR is going to flop before it even gets a chance to get up and run

Infracted. If you'd like to give an opinion with clear and concise reasoning, then please do. If you just want to bash a game just to bash it, stay out of this forum. Thanks. - Buckwald
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2011-11-30 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by frag971 View Post
    -During dialogs, show the text of the actual dialog my character will say instead of some arbitrary meaning. I'm tired of pressing Esc every time my character says something unexpected and wrong. This is a huge dealbreaker in multiplayer dialogs and ending up facepalming in frustration.
    Do you really want to hear the same exact thing you just read? For me, I'd rather not read something just to have my character repeat it. Kinda nice not knowing exactly what's going to come out. But hey, that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashkore11 View Post
    Poor SW:TOR is going to flop before it even gets a chance to get up and run
    Yeah, it'll flop so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by enh View Post
    Not going to buy it all, to me it is just a rehash of what other mmo's have to offer just centered in the star wars universe.
    here we go again, if you are not going to play it why bother spending time on off topic forums dedicated to that game?

Quote Originally Posted by Kisuro View Post
    Well, I can't check now I am, however, certain, that I did that somehow.
    Hmm.. I think we may be talking about different things. There's a huge thread on the official forums asking for the option to disable it. Are you talking about how the camera will always automatically rotate and follow behind your character if you move? The only workaround is to hold down your right click while you run.

Good points made here.

I'll add that tab targeting needs some serious attention. It's hela bad.

I'll still buy and love the game tho =)