10+ Year Old Account

"New" Coca Cola bottle caps cutting my fingers.

So yea these bottle caps have been out for a while now and I'm sick of them.
    I absolutely love coca cola products but I'm pissed about it.
    The new design on the side of the lid does most of it but the lid tightens itself over time a lot and gets a little hard to open so when I
    throw in the elbow grease it cuts the middle front of my index finger... Kinda like a paper cut in a way. Does this happen to anyone else?
    I already complained to coca cola about it with no response.

Sounds like a personal problem...

Don't put soft drinks in your body.

/thread

But I guess if you really have to do it... just put a napkin/bottomofyourshirt over the cap before you open it.

how is this mystical lid tightening itself?

Quote Originally Posted by Oprah View Post
    how is this mystical lid tightening itself?
    Pressure from the carbonation on the inside of the lid, designed to react to that pressure in a way that causes it to tighten.

Deleted
    Bottle-opener? I would die if I couldn't open my Coca-Cola bottles :P. They are basicly my life-elixir.

Wrap the edge of your shirt around it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Valid point, you shouldn't need to have to wrap a shirt around it because of something like that, it's a shitty design most probably aimed at cutting material costs to manufacture.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

I haven't had one of these new coke bottles yet I guess, but it sounds like you need to develop your bottle opening technique further in the hyperbolic time chamber.

Deleted
    I have the same problem. The old caps didn't hurt at all while the new ones feel like they're grinding through my skin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by omglazor View Post
    Sounds like a personal problem...
    Mee-ow!

OT: You mean the ones like this OP?

If so, yeah I've found that they're really quite nasty for grazing your hand as you twist to open the cap! Highly uninviting!

Do us both a favour and write a complaint e-mail to Coca Cola, please. =]

Quote Originally Posted by Blockygame View Post
    Valid point, you shouldn't need to have to wrap a shirt around it because of something like that, it's a shitty design most probably aimed at cutting material costs to manufacture.
    That is exactly what's happening, but if you can't stay away from it, then that is your only salvation. Using shirts to open soft drink bottles.
    Sometimes I really doubt its almost 2012.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    Mee-ow!

OT: You mean the ones like this OP?

If so, yeah I've found that they're really quite nasty for grazing your hand as you twist to open the cap! Highly uninviting!

Do us both a favour and write a complaint e-mail to Coca Cola, please. =]
    Yes but I remember them having more lines in it maybe the camera just isn't picking them up but I'm sure that's the one... There's always marks on my index finger from opening them though! But yea it's ridiculous when you have to use your own shirt just to open a plastic lid from a bottle... I did complain to them a couple of months ago but got nothing back. Maybe they have a certain supply of them and are just waiting to run out because their greedy asses don't care about the customer.

---------- Post added 2011-11-30 at 06:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I haven't had one of these new coke bottles yet I guess, but it sounds like you need to develop your bottle opening technique further in the hyperbolic time chamber.
    Nice! LOL!
    Last edited by Kulthor; 2011-11-30 at 10:29 AM.

Deleted
    I've had similar issues with other products, with the base design and even material changing due to what I can only assume is a means of cutting the costs of mass production. Either way, soft drinks aren't even all that great for your body - maybe you should take it as a sign to cut down or switch over to something healthier?

I've refused to drink Coca-Cola after seeing what it does when you drop a penny in it - I value my teeth and organs.