Thread: 10 man healing

10 man healing

Hey guys, so with the new HR out I want to ask some people out there how they're healing now? We are currently two healing 10 mans, but sometimes it feels weird to cast HR I can maybe fit like 1 or 2 max during some aoe hits then tank damage usually comes along. I've heard of some pallies abusing the new HR like crazy and I'm wondering if this is 25 man or am I doing something wrong?

Deleted
    Usually I use this in aoe:
    HR on me, HR on someone else, 1x HS and the LoD.
    By the time you are trough the 2x HR your quick HS is there to easily LoD.

The tank most of the times is within aoe range anyways if not throw a big heal at him, but i doubt that.

Edit:
    Since I'm usually in the meleecamp or stacked behind the boss, the tank is within 10yards.
    I didn't take IJ(improved judgement) this tier, because you are always so close to bosses& have one min to rejudge
    Last edited by mmocb8d63ae199; 2011-11-30 at 09:18 AM.

That may be one of the reasons HR is so strong compared to the other AoE heals. Instead of the heals like Healing raid when you set it down and forget about it for 10 secs. HR spamming requires constant casting and mana useage and can't be taken advantage of if the tank damage that your supposed to be healing doesn't allow time for.

At least I think. I don't know, I'm coming up with this stuff as I go. Personally I'm healing higher than ever with the new HR in the 3 bosses we managed to kill in the new raid today. A holy priest however manages destroy me and all the healers in terms of HPS. Still looking into that.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2011-11-30 at 09:30 AM.

Yea I'm healing more it's just I hear these stories of destroying and was just wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

Deleted
    Try around some more.
    Took me 1-2 boss attempts till i had the feeling for it.
    It's really just:
    HR, HR, HS (probably have a proc by then) -> LoD and a maybe big heal on the tank
    And rinse and repeat. I stomped our druid and priest on the head with this

I'm assuming a nerf soon tho, so use it wisely the power you have!
    (Watched like 30x 25 videos and 60% were using 4hpallys because of HR)

Holy radiance holy shock crusader strike anything if possible...really fast hp generatiom and lots of mana saved

It is very useful for 10M but when I first walked in, I found myself forgetting the tank because of how crazy our AoE heals are. I could easily be 10% ahead of our other healers using Holy Radiance and Light of Dawn to it's fullest, but that doesn't do much if the tank is dead and I'm the one suppose to be healing him. I ended up only worrying about Holy Radiance during the especially heavy AoE parts of the fights and otherwise just weaving one in during the downtime between boss attacks. This would be different if someone else had the job of keeping the tank up, but otherwise, that is something you will have to pay attention to. We one tanked Zon'ozz, which was part of the problem, but the tank would be getting hit for 120K and 50K a second apart or less. In other words, I had to keep him at 100% nearly the entire fight, and ideally have abosrbs on him. WTB a Disc Priest.

U can heal both at the same time...holy radiance generates a holy power so does holy shock and crusader strike........ucan use the 3 holy power to heal the tank or push out more aoe heals by useing light of dawn...just never stop casting always be doing something

Deleted
    If you can't throw more than 1-2 HRs into the mix then I think your tanks are likely taking too much damage, or your other healer(s) aren't contributing enough to tank healing. With the HR change pallies are no longer tank-only, we're awesome raid healers AND awesome tank healers so you should be doing both and your healing partner should also help out with both.

What I did, and this was obviously just normal modes, was vast majority HR spam (it was ~50% of my healing on some fights...) throwing our Holy Shock and Divine Light as needed on the tank, although it was rarely needed. This will likely change with heroic modes but for now our tanks really didn't get hit too hard. Then I used HoPo to WoG if tank needed it and LoD if he didn't, honestly it seemed like LoD was overhealing for a ton most of the time so I leaned more towards WoG.

This is all viable to change with heroic modes, I was mostly having fun with stuff on the first day. We'll see next Tuesday.

TLDR: We'll see for sure on heroics, but for now make sure your other healers are no longer stuck in "rely on pally to do all tank heals" mentality and abuse the crap out of your OP Holy Radiance.

Quote Originally Posted by lilshadow View Post
    U can heal both at the same time...holy radiance generates a holy power so does holy shock and crusader strike........ucan use the 3 holy power to heal the tank or push out more aoe heals by useing light of dawn...just never stop casting always be doing something
    Really: 2 times holy radiance and 1CS are 5 seconds with minimal tankhealing - ~4,3 seconds if you use a HS. I don't know but if your other healer isn't on his toes with the tanks too this will be very hairy in bossfights or only viable if tankdamage is low-nonexistant.

...and all that apart from me thinking that using CS as holy is bullshit because it nets you next to nothing
    Last edited by Fiercon; 2011-12-01 at 08:57 AM.