Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Any Ferals Tank DS yet

Anyone tank Dragonsoul yet? How are ferals feeling in there? I am tanking it on friday so was just kind of curious.

Deleted
    I heard that Paragon have a Bear tanking stuff

Lol they usually do. Maybe ill go post on their forums as well thanks.

Extra stamina buff was nice but not super huge, vengeance change was enjoyable. It seemed like there was a higher percentage of magic damage vs firelands. Of the 4 fights we did (Siege of Wyrmrest), we needed two tanks only on morchok. Having your feral as the offtank (agil/dps gemmed/enchanted, swapping trinkets and spec for 2 tank fights) seems like a very smart move.

Deleted
    It's quite boring tbh, with a lot of the bosses being a one man tank fight I was going dps for most except ultraxion and I was doing 24k dps in bear form all the time. Other than that I think we're doing very well with the buff to SD and mangle crits + the stamina giving us more vengeance and making more damage. I'm happy about how we are as tanks so far but the raid in it self is quite boring so far 6/8 tonight and will go in and clear up the rest tomorrow.
    To answer your question the feeling is so far a bit better than previous tier and being able to go dps is a quite nice change up from before, but for those who wants to be bear I guess it's not as much fun.

Edit: I forgot SD buff was with the 2 set, which I don't have. Anyway, we're in a good spot.
    Last edited by mmocab67c48d87; 2011-11-30 at 10:50 PM.

I request DS Bear tank BiS
    Sarah yells: I am the lucid dream
    Sarah yells: The monster in your nightmares
    Sarah yells: The fiend of a thousand faces
    Sarah yells: Cower before my true form
    Yogg-Saron yells: BOW DOWN BEFORE THE GOD OF DEATH

I did the 4/8 in LFR tonight and then we did the first couple on normal mode in guild and I didn't have any problems. Only complaint I have (and it affects kitties too), is that on the tentacle trash, the big one shifts you out of forms and then tosses you across the room in caster form. Really annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    Only complaint I have (and it affects kitties too), is that on the tentacle trash, the big one shifts you out of forms and then tosses you across the room in caster form.
    You can't be targetted while "tanking" the big one, though Also seems to be easier to avoid the black ooze on the ground when standing at the big one.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

I had one in LFR the other day. He main tanked it.

Buddy of mine was earlier today in another raid group, 4/7 isn't too bad for a few hours work.

I havent tanked any of the new dungeons, I've been farming BC dungeons for Transmorg gear. TBH I havent noticed a real difference in my dps but it might actually feel like I'm taking a little more damage.

Deleted
    Only tanked the LFR versions, and well.... Faceroll.... So any info from there is probably useless xD

Deleted
    Tanked Lfr and Normal versions, not cleared the norm version yet, but its easy enough really. You'll be doing a little more damage, but other tanks still do a little better on bosses such as ultraxion due to having better defensives.

Same complaint as above, being shift out of form and flung across the room is a pain, specially when it smashed up half the melee while your flying away xD

Ive cleared 7/8 last night and nothing to complain about. Still too lazy to check BiS gear tho.

Deleted
    Tanked 8/8 last night, we're in a good spot, and we're doing a LOT of damage whilst taking almost none, pretty happy so far.

Tanked 2/8 last night on normal, could pretty much tank Morchock alone cause our other tanked seemed to die pretty easy and fast. So i do think we're in good position.

Honestly, the vengeance is madly OP now. Just go into 5 man where you can relax more, see how high and INSTANTLY it goes up. I saw constant 10-15k vengeance in FL heroic gear, inn the 5 mans. And its there right as you pull really.

For sure a buff for pvp aswell (See blood DK's -,-)

We're in a really good spot right now. There's so much unavoidable big hits that we're not really sub-par to shield tanks anymore I'd say, since we got so much HP, armor and magical reduction. In the new 5-mans I took 0 damage most of the time because my bubble refreshed itself before it got fully absorbed, my healer buddy just kept rejuvenation on me and DPS'd instead.

Tanked 7/7 without any problems.

Deleted
    Tanked normal 25 man last night. Our damage done is pretty high and damage received is well within margin. Except perhaps for the Warlord Zon'ozz encounter in which I received huge amounts of damage (maybe because they were letting me hit the ball alone lol). But otherwise this raid seems pretty easy compared to Firelands when it launched.

Deleted
    Tanked 6/8 last night. With the propper gear (390 for me) it is quite easy. 4/5 t12 means barkskin on cd which on Ultraxion is pretty much imba. rotate the other cds on ultraxion as well. First boss is a scam! He is not a boss! We were wondering for a 1 tank tactic but decided not to risk it. It is imba for a feral to tank the ping-pong guy that looks like Vezzax (can't remember his name). If you need to move the boss to take the hit of the ball use Roar and go. It is quite easy. On Hagara step back from her when she is using Focused Attack. Make her move and that interrupts the channel. DS normal is easier than the previous content so don't worry.