Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

So.....Void Storage....?

.....what's the point of Void Storage? Why couldn't they have just added a few new bag slots for your personal bank?

I don't see the point of Void Storage. Especially why it's 'pay to unlock, pay to put something in.'

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

people who hang onto old armor.

I thought it was kind of a place to put gear you wanted to save to transmog or something. I don't know about the other parts. :S

I guess you don't, but there's tons of people with a lot of vintage items or stuff that's not available anymore that they still want to hang onto. This includes previous holiday items, old tier sets, old one time event items, etc. More than half of my bank is filled up with stuff like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    The purpose is to add game storage slots that will not be a strain on the back end database. That's why items in void storage lose all enchantments and customizations, so that the database only needs to track the item number.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    With Void Storage I'll beable to hang onto all my T10 gear, Wrath PvP gear, T11, T12, and my Relentless gear. Costing me 1500g of depositing fees plus the unlocking fee. There will always be gold sinks in this game, and this is one of the very few i'll actually be investing in. The only drawback is having to pay at least 50g + transmog cost to transmog anything i want to look differently...

Edit: To a few of those above me; please remember that void storage is only for gear, and I can't quite remember if white items are allowed to go into VS.

Edit 2: crap... this thread just reminded me of something fairly annoying... on the PTR unique items weren't allowed to be put in VS... >.<
    Last edited by Rizendragon; 2011-11-29 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahfireworks View Post
    I thought it was kind of a place to put gear you wanted to save to transmog or something. I don't know about the other parts. :S
    Yeah, I have a Bank for that.

You know, that place near the AH in stormwind that can hold many more items than a stupid 20 slot pay-to-use 'voidbank?'

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post

You know, that place near the AH in stormwind that can hold many more items than a stupid 20 slot pay-to-use 'voidbank?'
    It's actually quite large. About the size of one guild bank slot. It costs 25g per item to deposit and 25g per item to withdraw. If you have the bank and bag room for all that gear more the power to ya, but i know that my bank and bags are bulging...

Some people have the current bank and all their bags full because destroying items is hard, Thanks for the extra 80 slots.

It's for people like me that have every single slot filled with useless crap you can't get anymore. I don't want to get rid of it, but I also would like a little breathing room in my bags.

Well then, good news everyone! It's not mandatory!

Some people, myself included, are pack-rats and hold on to all manner of nostalgic things. Old tier sets, novelty trinkets, cool looking weapons. Void storage just frees up space for more every-day items.

.....what's the point of Void Storage? Why couldn't they have just added a few new bag slots for your personal bank?

I don't see the point of Void Storage. Especially why it's 'pay to unlock, pay to put something in.'
    Making players pay and cleansing the items of enhancements reduce the data storage (less items are put in there and each item takes less space).

Deleted
    I don't see the point in half the shit they put in games...yet it's there. Stop complaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    It's actually quite large. About the size of one guild bank slot. It costs 25g per item to deposit and 25g per item to withdraw. If you have the bank and bag room for all that gear more the power to ya, but i know that my bank and bags are bulging...
    They removed the withdraw fee.

@ willowe. The idea is to store items that you rarely are gonna be retrieving. Basically what you store there is an image of the item you one had, since it strips the item off gems, enchants and reforging. What this does is emptying some data from your toon.
    ~ My mounts collection ~

~ Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ~
    Thanks Elyaan for the signature!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have about 4 full tier sets and about 15 different weapons (yay transmog) that just take up SO MUCH ROOM in my bank that Void Storage will be the first place I visit when the servers come up. I can't wait to have more bag space for when I'm farming.

10+ Year Old Account

You're either trying to instigate inflammatory reactions out of people or just being unbelievably dense. I have 2 characters with the largest bags available in their bank and they have exactly 2 spots available in each.

Sounds like the void storage is right up my alley. What of it?
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

I personally am excited about it i need a way to spend my gold

I care for free space on my main and it will help me manage space for raw material, all my bags are full, I welcome this Void Storage alot

I really dont care for void storage space on my alts wich I barelly use 3 bag slot in their bank exept for my Scribe (glyph, herbs, ink shit)

Remark, I also have a toon with a 5 tabs gbank so I can manage JC / Ore / Enchanting mats

Deleted
    Hopefully white items are permitted since by the time I've dumped my brewfest outfit (including all the various steins), lunar fest outfit, pilgrim outfit etc etc there's a decent number of free bank slots alone even before depositing actual old gear. For those of us that are packrats and who've been playing since vanilla free bank slots are worth their weight in gold As someone mentioned above it's nice to have another constructive outlet for excess cash too.

You see... because these aren't Bag slots... they're SPECIAL bag slots... from another vendor... that you pay gold to deposit and extract from. :P

I get what you're saying OP... and you are actually right - but the point of it is is that adding new bank bag slots won't make patch headlines as well as "Void Storage!" does...

Just add bank slots to the bank, people say "yay" and move on... take those same bag slots and shunt them onto a unique NPC that you pay money too - and it becomes a "feature" amongst the forum posters start quoting over and over again.

EDIT: The point is, when forum posters write later - they're not going to comment on "Blizzard gave us extra bank slots"... they'll say "They gave us Void Storage. it makes it sound a lot more than what it is...
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2011-11-29 at 06:25 PM.