Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It really sucks for affliction if dots indeed don't proc it. Hopefully someone will get to test it this week, I already blew my chance in the LFR. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Dot ticks don't proc it?
    I had it on the PTR LFR version and they dont, but it stacks rather fast thou cause dot applications stack it.

Thanks for list, I did some rough estimates of the trinkets myself and also found Will of Unbinding being overtaken after adding in the passive values.
    Glad to see im not the only one thinking there is something wonky going on...

I got Will of Unbinding last night and let me make it clear that its not like the ICC trinket. For example I cannot spam Hellfire and get the stacks up before a fight. Also, it puts a stack up PER cast. So if I put Corruption on a target, I will get 1 stack only (even with Corruption ticking). So it actually takes 10 damaging spells to get the full stack.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you could assume it would have a ~15 second ramp up time to 10 stacks, then on most fights as destruction / demonology it would have 100% uptime after that. Affliction would have slightly more issues with it, due to the stacks not being refreshed by DoT ticks and chanelled ticks, which makes sense as to why it Sims far lower for Affliction.

But the other thing I'm curious is whether or not the CoC proc benefits from Affliction mastery, seeing as an earlier poster reported a 53k damage crit (to a single target), whereas it should only crit for ~24k. Unless for some strange reason it's affected by Intellect. In which case, expect a nerf in the next few weeks.

Gr..........this is the first patch in a LONG time which doesn't have 2 clear BiS trinkets, and I hate it. Nothing but a bunch of mixed info everywhere.

There's nothing strange about the CoC - all "discharge" type trinkets have always benefited from percentage-based bonuses to the caster's damage output, mainly mastery bonuses.

Similarly, all three discharge proc trinkets that are new with 4.3 have an AP or SP scaling coefficient associated with them. This is documented in the game files, and there's no reason to doubt that these trinkets do scale as advertised (and thus that the CoC specifically scales with intellect).

I haven't seen either of these things independently tested for the CoC specifically, but judging by reports that it's hitting for a lot I'd say it's being simulated accurately.

Im happy to see that both VPLC's remain competitive against the Dragon Soul Trinkets.
    Should help convince the rest of the raid to go back and finish H Rag.

I want to ask why isn't H Necro Focus on the list? Am I the only one that uses this trinket on encounters where its possible to keep full dots on 2+ targets?
    While back there was lengthy discussion on Mastery=Haste build for affliction locks concerning the Double Dragon encounter in Bastion of Twilight.
    Please discuss
    Last edited by Napoles; 2011-12-01 at 04:45 PM.

does anyone know if CoC scales with affliction's passive mastery? (30% extra shadow dmg) that may be the reason why it's simming so high, but has anyone with it actually tested it to see if it's legit? I have been reading that it scales with sp so if it scales with mastery it's gonna be pretty OP

also is there any way you can post the sim results for H NF? with mastery being buffed for destro, can it surpass dmcv?

it does, but I believe you mean aff passive shadow damage it gains, not the actual mastery bonus you get from the stat on gear - that does not affect it. also scales with spellpower.

---------- Post added 2011-12-01 at 06:14 PM ----------

destro mastery wasn't buffed it simply scales better than haste once you get into mostly heroic gear. DMC is getting replaced this tier
    Last edited by gakpad; 2011-12-01 at 06:17 PM.

^yea thats what i meant, the passive mastery for afflic, 30% is a pretty big buff, ontop of already crazy damage.... on the ptr my mage friend had this trinket and it crit ultrax for almost 100k!

10+ Year Old Account
    If the stacks on WoU are guaranteed on spell cast even Afflic should never have problems keeping this buff up. Between Haunt, Shadowflame, Drain Soul and BoD alone you should be able to keep them up, plus with this trinket you might even use your Shadow Trance procs just to keep the stacks up. In any case, even as Afflic during the execute phase you will never not be recasting a new spell for a full 10 seconds, especially on movement fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaneBusby View Post
    So you could assume it would have a ~15 second ramp up time to 10 stacks, then on most fights as destruction / demonology it would have 100% uptime after that. Affliction would have slightly more issues with it, due to the stacks not being refreshed by DoT ticks and chanelled ticks, which makes sense as to why it Sims far lower for Affliction.

But the other thing I'm curious is whether or not the CoC proc benefits from Affliction mastery, seeing as an earlier poster reported a 53k damage crit (to a single target), whereas it should only crit for ~24k. Unless for some strange reason it's affected by Intellect. In which case, expect a nerf in the next few weeks.
    It is criting for over 53k+ (75k+ on my WoLs) unbuffed for me because the tooltip damage was buffed in the patch (a mistake?). WoWhead has the dmg doing between 8-11k, wow armory has it at 10k but on the tooltip on live servers it says 23k for me. I haven't checked to see if this damage is being recorded when I receives buffs. But i haven't heard of a trinket changing the numbers on the tooltip as you receive personal buffs.

Edit: The tooltip is changing with personal buffs. My Int food brought the damage up.
    Last edited by Palmz; 2011-12-01 at 08:21 PM.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

it does scale with spellpower and the tooltip does update. the melee trinket that procs damage scales with ap and updates as well. DMC:V also supposedly does this for other people but not for me for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by gakpad View Post
    it does scale with spellpower and the tooltip does update. the melee trinket that procs damage scales with ap and updates as well. DMC:V also supposedly does this for other people but not for me for some reason.
    I had the PTR-LFR version of CoC and I had crits of over 100k in demo form....

Deleted
    For me Insignia of the corrupted mind + MWC simed 1k higher than DMC:V + MWC for demo. Don't know why DMC:V is ranked so high at Trinket analysis at simulationcraft.org, probably cause its simed seperately?

the charts at EJ only evaluate procs, which is why DmC evaluates so high on them. that being said it gets replaced by pretty much any of the ds trinkets.

Deleted
    You are very probably right, I just thought only the ones at EJ old 4.2 trinket charts were just evaluating procs. If I add up the INT value it should fit with my results. Thanks for clarification.

Edit: Yes you're right, it's obviously in the gear section of the sim stated clearly...
    Last edited by mmoc8896ed20d8; 2011-12-02 at 03:35 AM.

On the bright side, nothing dropped this week so I haven't had to make any tough choices

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    On the bright side, nothing dropped this week so I haven't had to make any tough choices
    That's one way to look at it.