legendary staff bug

has anyone else noticed that the proc from the staff will not proc off direct dmg spells for warlocks

i tried 500 soulfires just spamming soulfire on a dummy and had 0 procs
    i tried 500 incinerates 0 procs
    got to about 100 sbolts and got tired of being depressed

cast corruption and got a proc with in 10 seconds
    same with doom
    same with agony

respecced to aff and procced off haunt cast and ua + other dots

opened a ticket with a gm and he confirmed the bug and said it was on official forums bug report however i could not find it

anyone else seeing this on live? its a huge dps loss for specs other then aff with staff

It's not that it's not proccing, its that the combat log will not differentiate a direct damage spell from its casted counterpart.
    For example, you cast Mind Blast as a shadowpriest. If it procs, it will list "Mind Blast" as the source of damage for both the hardcasted spell, and the duplicate proc of DTR.
    However, since an individual tick of Vampiric Touch does not proc the entire spell Vampiric Touch, you are seeing a proc called "Wrath of Tarecgosa" which duplicates but ONE TICK of a dot spell.

This is not news, this is not a bug, and unfortunately the GM you spoke to is just like more than half of the current WoW GMs - lazy, uninformed, and wrong.

as i was watching the combat log the entire time i never saw the animation from the proc or anything listed in the combat log or skada or scrolling combat text

i would watch each 1 and only ever see dmg for 1 spell unless im just not seeing something i should which is possible and my dps is doing just fine as i have a few ranked parses but just concerned me after messing with dummies for a while

This is incorrect, after about 30 seconds at a training dummy I can confirm that the staff is procing just fine off of direct damage spells.

odd maybe a ui bug on my end ill disable addons and check again ty for posting

If the GM confirmed the bug maybe its happening with just a few ppl, I think my DPS was ok so it think I wasn't affected.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    If the GM confirmed the bug maybe its happening with just a few ppl, I think my DPS was ok so it think I wasn't affected.
    Then again, GMs have a tendency to be poorly informed. :/