Mage Portal Balance

So as stated in this upcomming world event Theramore will be destroyed. Fine, cant wait for that (especially as alliance and try to defend it) But if its being destroyed that would basically take out a portal for alliance mages. As far as i can tell the alliance arent going to destroy a horde portal city, so will the horde still have all their portals and alliance lose one? Or is the Theramore portal going to be replaced with another? (not sure if this has been discussed in another thread)

A lot of it depends on how the battle of Theramore actually works out.

For example we don't know if the Horde will actually retain control of it for any significant length of time. Could be that the Horde lose so many troops in the battle that an Alliance counterattack from Stormwind and/or Northwatch easily reclaims the isle.

I wouldn't worry about the technical concerns until we actually know how things are going to play out.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

I would consider that, but seeing as how blizz said "Theramore will be destroyed" That kind of makes me think that the Horde will level it. If Alliance takes it back later that we dont know

well it might be destroyed but couldnt they still have control over it and it be called the ruins of theramore?

10+ Year Old Account
    Part of the reason they are destroying ONLY an alliance city is because they want to unbalance the game. They really dont like the fact that if alliance gets something, horde has to get something as well. So by destroying only one factions city, they will unbalance the game. People will cry for weeks, but I hope blizzard continues without a second thought. (i am alliance btw)

I also vote they dont give us a new portal. I want to see the game finally get interesting where there truly is a losing side.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Search for these things in the future, please. This thread has been made at least three times now.

But yes, no one knows what's going to happen.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    A lot of it depends on how the battle of Theramore actually works out.

For example we don't know if the Horde will actually retain control of it for any significant length of time. Could be that the Horde lose so many troops in the battle that an Alliance counterattack from Stormwind and/or Northwatch easily reclaims the isle.

I wouldn't worry about the technical concerns until we actually know how things are going to play out.
    Seeing as Theramore is hinted as staying a mage portal in MoP. Either we trade stonard and theramore, or horde razes theramore than alliance retakes it.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Seeing as Theramore is hinted as staying a mage portal in MoP. Either we trade stonard and theramore, or horde razes theramore than alliance retakes it.
    Honestly I'd caution people not to take the Mage portals in the current MoP talent calculator/skill lists seriously. They are still in internal alpha, and the people who design the classes are about as far removed from the lore team as you can get. The discussion on what Mage portals will go where is something that can happen at virtually any time in development.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Because Stonard portal is so damn useful.