Thread: Zon'zozz - wtf?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Zon'zozz - wtf?

We're a fairly laid back guild, not the best gear(full 378 more or less) went 6/7 in FL. We formed 2 weeks before 4.3, so we're all missing lots of pieces from FL, and lots of us just have the new LFR gear.

Now; Warlord Zon'zozz(the tennis orb boss) is simply dealing WAY too much damage for our healres to keep up with. Our lowest healer is pulling 17k HPS.

We're splitting the orbs 4/5(tank away from group), Dispelling the second they get out of the group, and bouncing 5 times. It feels like at MINIMUM our healres need to be pulling 20-25k hps... Are we doing something wrong? there's no way that can be expected of 378s... I just don't see how our healers can shell out anymore - they're already going oom by the 2nd burn phase.

10 man
    Prot Pal
    Feral Druid(2nd tank / extra dps)
    Rogue
    Hunter
    Hunter
    Frost DK
    Fury Warrior
    Rsham
    Rdruid
    Hpriest

Help?

10+ Year Old Account
    are you guys stacked in 2 grps?

ok the strat is this (at least how we did in 25man)

Have boss face range @ all times so orbs spawn with range. Have range all be stacked up so the damage is dispersed. Dispell only when it wont prevent the player to be hit by the orb. Let the orbs bounce off you guys 5 times so the 6'th hit would be with boss. When the ball is heading to wards melee have them move out of the way and kite the boss into it if necessarily. When he goes to mid and behind to do this aoe have ALL stack on the boss and pop rotating cd's (Power word barrier, spirit link, tranq, etc) and then rinse repeat
    Last edited by MrHappy; 2011-12-01 at 02:27 PM.

How many times are you bouncing the Orb?

We found letting the boss take the 5th one was good enough and we dispelled people in the group so long as the Orb wasn't heading for them.

go for 4 bounces and use the split up tactic

tank--boss--melee+1 healer-----(30 yards)----ranged+healers

let the tank turn his face towards the ranged when he is about to cast the orb(6 seconds before cast worked for me)
    let him face away right after because 5 seconds after that he MIGHT cast the health drain thing.
    its al bout standing efficient, moving all at the same time(so the dmmg will split over all people), and correct dispelling

go for 4 or 5 bounces, usually u will get 5 though.

U have a mana tide,innervate and a hymn of hope available so it should be fine

Deleted
    Iirc the debuff does 50k on dispel, so make sure people are topped before doing so (or am I wrong? we just lolled our way trough it - 1 shot - with no idea what to do at the start) make sure you use CDs, don't be afraid to call for tranqs etc.

PS: we 2 healed it with our paladin doing 18.7k and shaman doing 16.3k so if you are 3 healing with 17k+ HPS sounds like you're taking a lot of damage you're not supposed to.

Well you lose dps by having people run out to dispel, the knockback only affects the target in normal. If you are 3 healing and all your healers are oom by the second burn they are either massively overhealing or stacking too many cds all at once during the burn phases. These fights are tuned pretty low you should be fine in all 378's.

We had a problem with our tank getting instagibbed - where were you situating your ranged? How far from melee?

We dispelled right in the group with no running--we mass dispelled with a holy priest in the ranged group and AoE healed everyone back up. Melee group was individually dispelled due to our Disc priest on full time tank duty. Dispelling doesn't hurt anyone around the affected person--it just knocks them back--so as long as they take the knockback and run back in, there shouldn't be any movement aside from melee team splitting to let the orb hit Zon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by superficial View Post
    we went to 12 stacks, so i dunno.
    You're also 390 Ilvl with 7 H rag kills. Comments like that serve no purpose in this thread when the OP is clearly not in a guild that raids at your level.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Quote Originally Posted by NeziK View Post
    go for 4 bounces and use the split up tactic

tank--boss--melee+1 healer-----(30 yards)----ranged+healers

let the tank turn his face towards the ranged when he is about to cast the orb(6 seconds before cast worked for me)
    let him face away right after because 5 seconds after that he MIGHT cast the health drain thing.
    its al bout standing efficient, moving all at the same time(so the dmmg will split over all people), and correct dispelling

go for 4 or 5 bounces, usually u will get 5 though.

U have a mana tide,innervate and a hymn of hope available so it should be fine
    Talking with the healers - it's not really MANA being the problem, it's that once we get to our 4th and 5th bounces - the tank is taking, as they claim "Unhealable damage". All 3 healers are healing him for ~12-15k HPS and he's still dying. OUr last attempt for the night we tried alternating tanks to pop all cds, but that still doesn't seem to be enough - by the 3rd orb our healers are generally oom =/.

Yosh try this.

Tank pulls boss facing ranged group orb forms on ranged and bounces off ranged. While tank faces boss to the west.
    Melee stack on bosses back left leg and orb bounces off them.
    Orb hits all ranged group and bounces back to melee
    Orb Bounces off single ranged defensive cd'd(dispersion priest/pain suppr/ etc)
    Melee MOVES to right side of leg while this is going on and orb hits the boss. Repeat 4x. That's how we got it down.

Best of luck!

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Saegno View Post
    You're also 390 Ilvl with 7 H rag kills. Comments like that serve no purpose in this thread when the OP is clearly not in a guild that raids at your level.
    The world suffers from cognitive ego-centrism. Lots of people seem to almost literally not have the capability to consider their experiences are not everyone else's experiences.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus4004 View Post
    Yosh try this.

Tank pulls boss facing ranged group orb forms on ranged and bounces off ranged. While tank faces boss to the west.
    Melee stack on bosses back left leg and orb bounces off them.
    Orb hits all ranged group and bounces back to melee
    Orb Bounces off single ranged defensive cd'd(dispersion priest/pain suppr/ etc)
    Melee MOVES to right side of leg while this is going on and orb hits the boss. Repeat 4x. That's how we got it down.

Best of luck!
    Thanks, We'll try this!

Your problem is that you're standing too close to the boss. We had this same problem last night. Apparently, when the orb bounces, it gains a buff that *basically* turns off object collision, so the orb was going through the boss and hitting the tank. We originally thought tank was getting 1-3 shot in a 1sec timeframe, but this was just him being hit by the boss, then half a second later hit by the orb.

We could not figure out how to keep 2 healers at range (druid/disc) and 1 in melee (pally). Once we put the disc in with melee as well, and I took care of ranged, we still had some range issues, but for the most part I was able to stay out of range of the tank and not worry the orb would go through the boss.

So basically, you guys are standing too close, you need to back up, and put your best aoe healer in ranged and the other 2 in with the melee, though I guess this depends on your group makeup. We had enough ranged to allow 2 heals with melee. Just dont let your ranged group drop under 4 people and you should be fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    Talking with the healers - it's not really MANA being the problem, it's that once we get to our 4th and 5th bounces - the tank is taking, as they claim "Unhealable damage". All 3 healers are healing him for ~12-15k HPS and he's still dying. OUr last attempt for the night we tried alternating tanks to pop all cds, but that still doesn't seem to be enough - by the 3rd orb our healers are generally oom =/.
    Is it possible that your positioning is not good enough, with which I mean the tank gets the dmg from the orb, when the orb hits the melee camp? If that is the case than better positioning so that the orb explosion does not hit the tank should already help you plenty. Otherwise is it possible that not the healers are at fault but maybe the tank has quite low gear compared to the rest? I'm not sure what numbers are possible at 378, but as Pala he probably is block capped? If not but it is achieveable maybe try reforging to that.

Deleted
    We did it in safe mode (10 normal). Tank facing Boss first at the Range Camp

--------------Melee------------
    Healer--------Boss-------Healer
    -------------Tank--------------
    ----------------|---------------
    --------------ORB--------------
    ------Range +3rd Healer---------

After the Orb spawned our Tank turned him around

--------------Tank-------------
    Healer--------Boss-------Healer
    --------------Melee------------
    ----------------|--------------
    --------------ORB-------------
    -------Range +3rd Healer-------

We did 3 bounces (Range -> Melee -> Range -> Boss) then stacked in the middle, much healing with CD rotations.

For the debuff: If there were Melees the immediately ran out to the Healers left and right of the boss, if it was the Range the ran away from each other and got dispelled.

Here is our WoL of this Zon'ozz: www[dot]worldoflogs[dot]com/reports/sm2uyv9rj6bqcg29/?s=4197&e=4523
    Last edited by mmoc621704bb30; 2011-12-01 at 03:29 PM.

Deleted
    in our guild we did it with him facing us to spawn the orb, for then let the ranged bounce it back and forwards 3-5 times when we wanted the orb to hit the boss we just moved him in the path of it, it worked atleast for us and we got him.

Deleted
    We had troubles on healing range for the tank, and also for the (mass) dispelling by our discopriest.
    So we put a 2nd healer in the melee group, leaving only 1 healer and 2 ranged dps far away.

You also seem to have a melee heavy group, the only 2 ranged is the hunters. So you might wanna go for this aswell. I was the ranged healer, making my focus the 2 guys with me, and i had no problems keeping them up. (I am a resto shaman, and you have one aswell). I'd recommend the other 2 healers in melee range.
    We let it hit the boss after 5 stacks. (so : Ranged, melee, ranged, melee, ranged -> HIT BOSS)

This tactic should well for you with the same composition.
    Good luck with your kill.

we were doing 5 bounces and the heals couldn't keep up with the tank damage, it was wipe city.

Then we went to 5 bounces the first time, then 3 bounces every time after that. Killed it the second pull of 5 then 3 attempts. Our raid is mostly 378, only a couple of us have heroic loot from shannox. The fight seamed measurably easier using that strat.