Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    What are the major differences from last weeks beta? Didn't get an invite

Also, during the game, someone said the graphics on beta weren't final, that the models weren't yet "rendered", is there any truth in this at all?...

Quote Originally Posted by NeutralGuy View Post
    Which is a big slap in the face. Downloading 20gigs to play for one weekend while others play multiple times. Its okay I was already on the fence when it came to buying this game, now I think I'll just play wow only.
    Your not going to play because you werent invited to every beta? Seriously... people these days

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Your not going to play because you werent invited to every beta? Seriously... people these days
    In his defense, this last Beta would actually help me make a decision, was invited for only the last one... got to level 10 (not much time to play), so yeah, I would like to see a bit more before deciding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernardblack View Post
    What are the major differences from last weeks beta? Didn't get an invite

Also, during the game, someone said the graphics on beta weren't final, that the models weren't yet "rendered", is there any truth in this at all?...
    I can't confirm that there will be better textures , but there about 10Gb of info missing in the current patch , I'v been in beta for sometime now , and I have seen major improvements in performance, no improvement on quality overall ( but since I force AA ... I have no major issue )

I think the game will have 27Gb of total space , these betas had ... 18gb I think.

now ... if that extra space are higher resolution textures .... that's another question.

I can't get sources on this , these are all speculations ( including the 10gb part ) .

So I'm looking at the "high textures" stuff as a bonus , and not as granted.

The statement " the models aren't yet rendered" is stupid , but nevertheless .... higher textures may come.

The difference ( in size ) from the weekend beta to this one is about 100mb. Patch notes here
    Last edited by mmocda69302ff9; 2011-12-02 at 09:11 PM.

Could be me, still have "server not responding" issue that Bioware STILL has not fixed...

grats if you got beta though :x

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freetobe View Post
    The difference ( in size ) from the weekend beta to this one is about 100mb.
    Around 180-200 at this point after all the mini patches that had from 5 to 35 mb.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernardblack View Post
    In his defense, this last Beta would actually help me make a decision, was invited for only the last one... got to level 10 (not much time to play), so yeah, I would like to see a bit more before deciding.
    That's a stupid attitude. I realize being in the beta could be helpful, but it's a privilege not a right.

You guys realize a limited amount of people get to play on the beta? It's not everyone, it's a random selection of a limited amount of people.

"OMG I didn't get invited to the beta! What a slap in the face!"

Are you kidding me? This is one of the most arrogant, self-entitled things I've heard in a long time. (mostly directed at the first guy who brought it up, not you)

It's like when somebody wins the lottery and you don't and you say: "What the hell! This is a slap in the face, why wasn't I given a million dollars too! What, am I worse than that guy?!!?!?!?!?"

Sometimes I just can't believe how arrogant people can get. Get an effing clue, folks. This is just embarrassing.

Please refrain from flaming or trolling. If you have a point or opinion you can get it across with out being hostile. - Buckwald
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2011-12-02 at 10:29 PM.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

Deleted
    Dammit, no invite.

Oh well, I am kinda busy this weekend with work, and a booze up on Monday and, and.... WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!!!! :P

15+ Year Old Account
    hehe - first thing I see when its done loading - This account is not allowed to enter our servers . Though seemed to work out fast.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    hehe - first thing I see when its done loading - This account is not allowed to enter our servers . Though seemed to work out fast.
    I had that message for a second when I was playing last weekend. Then it went away and it let me through.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

Quote Originally Posted by shim541 View Post
    Dont worry its not like we want people with poor attitude like you. I was in the last 2 beta and didnt get one am I crying ? Just keep playing WoW please.
    Who is this "we"? As I assure you bioware/ea want my money. Oh well rookie mistake on their part for not making open/stress the last beta they did. Cost them my purchase and probably a couple thousand others. Maybe I'll buy it in a year if they fix the ui and numerous other inadequacies.

For the rest of you, funny how you get so worked up just cause one person is not buying the game and his reason for it. You might want to look at yourself and find out wtf is going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NeutralGuy View Post
    Who is this "we"? As I assure you bioware/ea want my money. Oh well rookie mistake on their part for not making open/stress the last beta they did. Cost them my purchase and probably a couple thousand others. Maybe I'll buy it in a year if they fix the ui and numerous other inadequacies.

For the rest of you, funny how you get so worked up just cause one person is not buying the game and his reason for it. You might want to look at yourself and find out wtf is going on.
    Doubt anybody gives a damn because of one extremely self-entitled person not buying the game.

And guess what... this also applies to you. If you feel the company owes you a beta invite, otherwise you're not giving the game a chance, I'm pretty sure very little people (including the BW devs/execs) will cry over this event.

This reminds me somewhat of the "fix this Blizzard or I quit" threads. BW/EA don't want your money, they want the money of hundreds of thousands or possibly millions of subscribers.

And even if you won't be it that number, guess what - the game will still be fine.

This discussion is overall moot. If you feel you are entitled to a beta invite, you will always insist on your interests winning out over everything else.

This is not a free trial, it's a beta. It's meant to help the devs fix bugs and issues, it's meant to test the hardware. Which is why I wrote out paragraph upon paragraph of bug reports when I played, which is why I complied with the customer service stress tests.

While you on the other hand seem to think the beta is a free ticket for you to indulge your curiosity and it should be handed to you immediately or it will "cost them my purchase".

Why you think anyone here is upset by immensely self-entitled people deciding not to play this game is beyond me.

I say: good riddance.
    Last edited by zealous; 2011-12-02 at 10:33 PM.

Deleted
    Got invited. Cool. Didn't expect such a thing at all. Another fun TOR weekend. Too bad the server where I had my Knight isn't up. Wanted to get me ship and finish Coruscant. Game looks a lot better than it did during the last weekend. Still,some AA wouldn't hurt. Performance is improved too and all the problems I had last weekend are gone. I still detest the fact there is no UI scaling though. How damn hard can that be? Large resolution + no scaling equals big ass interface blocking my view /rant. That's about the only gripe with the game I have so far. Well that and the fact that I can't figure out what class to start playing with at launch. I like em all. Even the ones I thought I would not want to play I want to play. Damn BioWare.

Also, to the guy who did not get invited and whines about it. No one cares. And I think BioWare will do fine without your money and those of the thousands of others that got worked up about not getting an invite (more likely the numbers are in single digits, but hey). I'd rather such unreasonable and self-entitled people stay away, but unfortunately it's not up to me to decide. All I can do is say cya, testing awaits( ye, rubbing it in is childish, but meh ).
    Last edited by mmocb95650c314; 2011-12-02 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post
    Doubt anybody gives a damn because of one extremely self-entitled person not buying the game.

And guess what... this also applies to you. If you feel the company owes you a beta invite, otherwise you're not giving the game a chance, I'm pretty sure very little people (including the BW devs/execs) will cry over this event.

This reminds me somewhat of the "fix this Blizzard or I quit" threads. BW/EA don't want your money, they want the money of hundreds of thousands or possibly millions of subscribers.

And even if you won't be it that number, guess what - the game will still be fine.

This discussion is overall moot. If you feel you are entitled to a beta invite, you will always insist on your interests winning out over everything else.

This is not a free trial, it's a beta. It's meant to help the devs fix bugs and issues, it's meant to test the hardware. Which is why I wrote out paragraph upon paragraph of bug reports when I played, which is why I complied with the customer service stress tests.

While you on the other hand seem to think the beta is a free ticket for you to indulge your curiosity and it should be handed to you immediately or it will "cost them my purchase".

Why you think anyone here is upset by immensely self-entitled people deciding not to play this game is beyond me.

I say: good riddance.
    Funny part about this is they dont have millions of customers and they want every last one they can get. Don't know what you are smoking but it has to be dirt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing. Quit the fighting in every thread please.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net