Special reforging for Madness of Deathwing?

Since madness offers a 20% haste aura through a majority of the fight, i wonder if it would be worth doing special reforging (like many people did on Sinestra) to gain an advantage in dps.

It seems quite possible to hit a 5th combustion tick with so much haste, but would it really be worth going for? Or would opting for more crit or mastery be more beneficial on such a fight?

You mean the 20% damage aura? There is no haste aura.

there are 4 auras blue for healing/red for max Hp/yellow for haste/green for dmg. so yeah zavri you should look stuff up before posting.

now idk about your guild ellsain but mine kills yellow second so ~half the fight im without the 20% haste buff idk if it would be a good idea to reforge for it since you will lose the buff

ok i'll bite fuji

blue = +20% Damage / Spellweave ability
    red = +20% HP / Alexstraza burns BlisterinG Tentacles
    yellow = +20% Haste / Time Zone bubble
    green = +20% Healing / Dream ability

I thought yellow was just the time slowing for the bolt, my bad. Either way, yellow should be first or second, so won't have that haste for very long.

Since madness offers a 20% haste aura through a majority of the fight
    On normal at least, only the last tentacle will prove somewhat challenging for guilds to kill before it casts Cataclysm. Most guilds will leave Blue or Yellow for last for their first kill. If you're leaving Yellow for last, you could then consider specific reforging.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2011-12-02 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zavri View Post
    I thought yellow was just the time slowing for the bolt, my bad. Either way, yellow should be first or second, so won't have that haste for very long.
    My guild killed it last, that Time Zone ability allows you to completely eradicate the damage taken from the bolt, while doing increased healing and dps thanks to the haste. Why the hell would you kill it first or secomd?

He might be in a guild trying to 1 tank it. With 1 tank, they need to keep the green buff up longer to help with Impale management and kill a different order (red->bronze->blue->green).

With 2 tanks, which is probably what most guilds are doing and will soon be considered the norm, the green buff is wholly unnecessary and can be killed with red 1st+2nd. Then it really comes down to a choice between killing yellow last (eliminating elementium bolt as an issue, but upping the DPS requirements and/or requiring a few tricks to help beat Cataclysm on the 4th tentacle - such as getting it to 91% before you move to the second platform) or killing blue last (easier DPS requirements, but required to handle one Elementium Meteor without Time Zone).
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2011-12-02 at 12:34 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Based on my experience at least, there's no point in special reforging as it's not actually that difficult. Maybe on heroic that's subject to change but if you're on 7/8HC already, my bet will be that your performance on the other 7 fights will be irrelevant other than for ranking purposes. Maybe special reforging for Madness norm would net you some bonus deeps but when you're clearing 8/8N in 2 or less hours or busy working on more difficult bosses in heroic difficulties, I highly doubt that your guild members will appreciate you wasting their time to add 200 dps on a fight where the dps requirement is already pretty lax.

Anyways, as others have said Bronze will most likely be 2nd/3rd so you'd only have the haste for around a third of the fight while the tough part is most likely going to be the final platform where you don't even have the buff so would need "normal" reforging.

@Fujisaw, you're confusing blue and green, or trolling. Blue gives spell dmg plus the free damage on adds/meteor while Green increases Healing done and provides a free defensive cooldown for tanks.

Well, we killed Madness yesterday with 1 tank and 2 healers comp.
    order was: green > red > yellow > blue.

It was very close, but Pally + Druid heals are a perfect combination.

CDs were cleverly used, too. It's doable.