Deleted

Question about the Jedi Consular Shadow

Hi

So the Jedi Consular Shadow, how much of a melee class is it? I only got up to 11 last weekend was busy playing other classes but it felt as you were often in the thick of it hitting stuff with you lightsaber and just throwing rocks at them. So in the later levels as a Consular Shadow does it still have a melee feel to it without being a tank.

Thanks!

haven't played it personally but it looks like it has a melee tanking tree and a dps "rogue" tree (has backstab, cheapshot, vanish type abilities).

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes the class is very melee oriented. I'd say about half of ur abilities are acutally saber strikes and the other short range shockish spells.

if you youtube "lvl 50 jedi shadow" you'll find lots of footage.
    Last edited by Norg; 2011-12-02 at 12:26 AM.

All of his abilities are either 4m or 10m, so i'd say the shadow is a melee class.

Deleted
    My experience isn't much less limited than yours, but if level 25 is anything to go by, it's an incredibly fun melee class. When you get two points into Infiltration tactics and Circling Shadows (http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/...nsular/shadow/ for reference) the rotation is possibly the most entertaining melee class I've played, and I've always played melee in MMOs. I'm not sure I quite understand what you mean by it feeling like a tank, but for me the class certainly changed after level 21 when I got Circling Shadows and could gain more use from project.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerys View Post
    I'm not sure I quite understand what you mean by it feeling like a tank.
    Sorry poor wording on my part I meant I didn't want to play a tank

Thanks for your help guys looks like I will be rolling Consular rather than Knight, the saberstaff is just all kinds of awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i played a sage... and i was entirely range, and judging from the 2 shadows i had in my group for esseles (sp?) i'm going to guess they are entirely melee because they started the fight by running into melee and began whacking them with their glow bats while i threw rocks at them lol
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    was very melee from my exp up to level 28 in the few ranged attacks you have there only 10metre not far at all

It's like an enhancement shadow. You are melee but you can still "shock" people and throw lightning around. More so true for the assassin, but it's pretty much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, they're mainly melee. I mean I only got to 20 and I only used Project to knock a weak mob down so I could Shadow Strike em if Infiltration Tactics would proc...though looking at their talents you would end up fitting it into your rotation later in the game, but that's pretty much the only ranged move you'd use to maximize dps.

Edit: oh, force breach too since that's also considered a ranged ability
    Last edited by ElAmigo; 2011-12-02 at 06:09 AM. Reason: grammar/punctuation
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"