Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    I've had 0 luck on those lol. And 28k dps is retardedly easy on any character with an iLvl of 358-360 if you know what youre doing. + queues take between 30-45 mins, fuck it.
    Yeah, it's ridiculously easy on an AOE fight. Got some single target?

Shaman in there really sucked to do that low Probably tunnelvisioned the boss and ignored everything.

Well tbh people should be doing better dps even with the lower gear, most people just don't know how to play their class.

My point? I don't get this. Imagine if I had to actually gather 10 more iLvls, how stupid it would be. Do you guys think iLvl 372 is too much for LFR, or it's good where it's at? PERSONALLY, I find it too high. It is absolutely possible to perform well with an iLvl of ~360. Anyway, what do you guys think?

Chicken
    Here is what happened I would guess. On PTR you needed 365 to enter which means average joe could have 353 and gear in his bag and it'd be a nightmare. Blizzard knew people would cheat the system. So they force people to get a 372 knowing that by the time they got all that they'd have already 360-365 iLvL. Which is what they wanted in the first place. If they can't beat the system, adjust it so you still get what you want.

As for dps, I know most people are having FPS issues especially with the 2nd and 3rd boss. It's something to do with their rooms because the other 2 bosses it doesn't hit that hard. I was doing Zon'ozz and pulled 38k dps as Ret with 3-4fps the entire fight and still came in 4th while many where way below. My fps went up to 12-18 with the first boss and last so not really sure what is up there. But I'd fathom that's another reason why people are having issues and with Blizzard wanting everyone to experience the raid most go with Raid Finder.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2011-12-02 at 08:54 AM.

Deleted
    Hello guys,

I did the new raid through LFR a bunch of time, and I'm liking it. Problem? I only have an iLvl 363 equipped (thus, technically, I'm not even supposed to be close to be "fit" for that raid, im almost 10 iLvls under the req), and I'm pretty much destroying others, which I find retarded. I didn't have a parse, but here's a SS of my latest kill. I'm 3rd, under an iLvl 387 mage & a 381 Spriest.

(SCROLL DOWN FOR MY POINT)

If youre wondering, I have PvP gear carrying my iLvl wherever I'm going. Anyway, here's a screeny & my armory link;

<Armory link here, clicky>

My point? I don't get this. Imagine if I had to actually gather 10 more iLvls, how stupid it would be. Do you guys think iLvl 372 is too much for LFR, or it's good where it's at? PERSONALLY, I find it too high. It is absolutely possible to perform well with an iLvl of ~360. Anyway, what do you guys think?

Chicken
    ehm i dont see you on that list, are you nr 19?

Deleted
    or, they make the LFR harder. its really hard to say anything from just looking at recount, but ofc there will be people that are really focused and others that are watching TV while in the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    Yeah, it's ridiculously easy on an AOE fight. Got some single target?

Shaman in there really sucked to do that low Probably tunnelvisioned the boss and ignored everything.
    Likely the Shaman was running to the add losing DPS during travel (and not doing AoE damage like he could have), while the OP tunneled the boss, not chasing slimes and clicked his multishot button when ever the Forgotten Ones showed up.

All that talk about dong 30k dps bla bla...

On average, you can be happy if most peopl in the group manage 20k. Look at the screenshot in the OP, only 4 people were over 20k. That's the reality out there, you can go "herpderp I can do 30k as soon as I hit lvl 85" all you want. Truth is, most people struggle to get over 20k.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    Think you've got the wrong fight. Yor'sahj is the caster like boss with the slimes. The one who takes increase damage is Warlord Zon'ozz But the 28k dps is inflated regardless, not because of +damage modifiers, but because of the masses of adds which spawn when a black ooze fuses with the boss. However saying that, everyone else's numbers should have also inflated alot because of aoe but they didnt =/
    Oops , I mistake those 2 bosses all the time, they look the same to me

15+ Year Old Account
    And 28k dps is retardedly easy on any character with an iLvl of 358-360 if you know what youre doing.
    On a single target fight that isn't 30 seconds long? No, just... no.
    In general people don't do as much damage as they should but saying that 28k dps is what should be expected from a character geared in an avg ilvl of 360 is just asinine.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxtails View Post
    you can reach the 372 so easily but spending a few hours running the new heroics =|there is a full 378 set for everybody, or at least close to a full set. also there is craftable 377 i level blue pvp gear
    forget the blue pvp crafts, wtf are the new epic patterns coming out. i wanna craft 378 leather for my boomy.

10+ Year Old Account
    <Snip>
    Look at it this way.

If you have an eilvl of 363 and boosted ilvl of 372 the probably so do others.
    If the lowered the entry ilvl to get in to say 362 then there would be people with an equipped ilvl of 353 boosting themselves to get in.

The lower the entry requirements the lower the ACTUAL ilvl the lower the overall dps

Deleted
    OP, you're an elitist........ so " by the baddies be purge !!!! "

Noobelitists don't care about laziness or mediocrity, because you just have to pick up the first and last word of your title to answer why.

Everything is fine in the best world.

It's needed because look at everyone below you gear?

Clearly they got it right.

Clearly you need to stop boasting about LFR and join normal raids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Deleted
    Hope that DK wasn't Frost? AoE fight and he's 2nd bottom... The shame of the people playing (my) class!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    To the OP, the new dungeons drop 378, you can get most slots of gear from that, couple that with the new JP/VP and ta da, easy ilvl 372. If you did any firelands normal/hc you'll easily get it too. So no, it's not too high. They are trying to make it a progression order:

Ding 85, normal dungeons, heroic dungeons, LFR, norm raid, hc raid.

To break it further:

Ding 85, normal dungeons, early heroic dungeons, ZA/ZG, new 5man hcs, LFR, norm raid, hc raid.

The worst part is not the item level, but the fact that people are in full 378 with no gems and no enchants and wonder why they do 13-16k dps like the warlock in my LFR today. If you are going to raid, even on LFR plz don't expect a carry!

i was in a group with people yesterday in gear that appeared to about 375, who were doing 12k dps. (several of them)

op seems to underestimate the ability of players to be total fail. you have to have the gear level this high... cause if people can't even do the amount of dps i was doing at level 80, imagine them with 10 ilvls less...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by herpecin View Post
    DPS = gear^skill. the higher your skill, the lower your gear can be.

but most people aren't as good at the game as you apparently are, so they need to gear.
    actually dps = damage / second

just invalidated your post since you don't seem to know what you're talking about.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It wouldn't hurt if required ilvl was lower, but only counted PvE gear and/or equipped gear. No high level PvP gear sitting in your bag and inflating your average. With 372 minimum, I wonder just how many people actually have it equipped.

I think it is fine. To all those saying it should be higher, I want to remind you that casual does not mean bad. For example, I can only play for maybe an hour per day, and 3-4 hours total on weekends. As is stands I will still be at least a month or two before I can get into these new dungeons since I can only get about 1000 justice points and 300 - 450 valor points per week.