Sith Assasin - Crew SKills ?

So I have been mulling over what crew skills I should pick up, the 2 things I was looking for were one Money making off course but also a practical use eg ability to make my own armour or mods etc

My initial thoughts were to go for Synthweaving crafting own armours is always good. To go with it I was thinking Archaeology for some of the mats required along with Underworld trading for the cloths, patterns etc. Then again investigation has the possibility for the prototype patterns... but then where wouldI get the cloths needed with out buying them form an expensive ah ?
    Ability to make own armours, sell rare cloths when not needed etc

Alternatively I know how valuable Med pacs, stims etc are when fighting elites / end game so I was thinking Biochem, Bioanalysis for this as I can use and also sell items. Then possibly treasure hunting for those potential rare gems etc.

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas.. personally about what might yeild best results for pure crafting via synthweave and or a pure money setup ? After all who doesnt make at elast 2 characters

Crafting professions are at their best when a game is first launched, because of the sheer number of incoming players hounding for gear between runs. The first set of epics in Rift, for example, were bloated as all hell in the beginning and quickly fell as more people hit the cap.

I'm personally going Biochem/Analysis for myself, not sure on the last. Probably whichever one yields the best materials for weapon-crafting professions. Weapons seem to hold value better than Armor.

Deleted
    Pick three gathering professions while you level, gather shitton of mats.

When you're 50, pick Synthweaving or Armortech, level with all the mats you have gathered, make epic BOP gear for yourself.

Depending on how hardcore you are, drop that profession and pick Artifice/Cybertech/whatever to make the best mods/implants for your gear.

Repeat as necessary.

Which is the profession for making hilts? There is a different one for barrels, but your able to swap them as you level allowing you to upgrade your own saber as you go up (well I didn't pass twenty so I am not how far that works)
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Quote Originally Posted by Blutelf View Post

When you're 50, pick Synthweaving or Armortech, level with all the mats you have gathered, make epic BOP gear for yourself.

Depending on how hardcore you are, drop that profession and pick Artifice/Cybertech/whatever to make the best mods/implants for your gear.

Repeat as necessary.
    If you switch crew skills you wont be able to use the BoP things you have crafted for yourself.

@Prag: You want Diplomacy, it gets you other medical-related materials (Note: All blue-level and purple-level materials for any crafting profession is earned from a Mission Crew skill)

Here is the breakdown:

Armormech (+Aim and +Cunning, Medium and Heavy armors)
    Scavenging
    Underworld Trading

Armstech (+Aim and +Cunning, Non-Lightsabers, Blaster barrels)
    Scavenging
    Investigation

Synthweaving (+Strength and +Willpower, Light, Medium, and Heavy armors)
    Archaeology
    Underworld Trading

Artificier (+Strength and +Willpower Lightsaber stuff, Generators, Shield Deflectors)
    Archaeology
    Treasure Hunting

Cybertech (Modification slot items for weapons and armor of all stats, Droid Heavy Armor parts, Mounts... it's like Engineering mixed with Enchanting)
    Scavenging
    Underworld Trading

Biochem (Medpacs, Stims, Implants)
    Bioanalysis
    Diplomacy

Slicing is a wild-card, in that it doesn't provide materials for anyone, but has it's uses in getting additional schematics for everyone. So, if you got 2 Underworld Traders in your small group or guild, having a 3rd take Slicing instead (likely the Cybertech) will make life easier.

Otherwise, that table above is what you need, if you want each crew skill to be self-sustained (for the most part... I know Armstech, now and then, needs a crystal or two from Archaeology).

@ZEROWASHU - That is Artifice.

---------- Post added 2011-12-02 at 07:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blutelf View Post

Repeat as necessary.
    I got to level 25, around skill 180/400 in Armormech, and had 0 BoP items. My money says they likely require that profession to use, if they do exist.

Plus, you can only have 1 crafting crew skill at a time.
    Last edited by ZeroEdgeir; 2011-12-02 at 12:05 PM.

Thanks Zero! That's really helpful.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be rolling with Artifice/Arch/Treasure. tried it out on the stress test weekend and it seemed to work pretty well for my Tankasin. Being able to craft my own sabers and shields will be very useful down the line methinks.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30