Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Funak View Post
    When will people realise that the advanced class system is just a fun and interesting way to have 8 classes not anything else...
    It's not really 8 classes, as both AC from a single class do share the same basics.
    That's where all the nuance weighs in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deke View Post
    I think it should be in the game, but it should be SERIOUSLY HARD to do. Like a weeks worth of grinding mats or something, or a HUGE wad of cash (although cash is less meaningful since some people will just buy from a gold-seller).

As a Consular it would be kind of a bummer to get to 50, heal for a bit and find that I don't really enjoy the raiding style of Consular heals, and be unable to switch to tanking without actually rerolling.

Make it so hard to change to stop FOTM bullshit, no problems, right?
    If you don't like healing on the Sage, just spec to DPS ? 2 DPS trees for that AC.

Deleted
    i hope not too, it wouldn't exactly take long to level another character if you wanted to play a different spec/class THAT desperately...

I don't see the comparing rogue to mage or warrior to rogue or what to what that people keep coming up with.

I do see a boomkin to tree to bear to car similarity.

I think far too many people impart a separation that is clearly not there.

I picked Sith Warrior, the secondary specialization is only that. Considering that secondaries share a tree is more than enough to show they are similar
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Quote Originally Posted by Exes View Post
    If you don't like healing on the Sage, just spec to DPS ? 2 DPS trees for that AC.
    I only like tanking and DPSing. Have zero interest in DPS. There isn't an AC that has both as specs, so my only option is to reroll or hope they have an AC respec.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. AC switching should be allowed at any level past 10 and with a trivial cost (but with a necessity to go to a trainer)
    2. Those who do not want it - just do not use it. Simple as that. Let's see how committed you are to your premise of "permanent decisions and roleplaying"
    3. Switching AC at 1-20 level - because someone made a mistake is minor problem that can be dealt thru a ticket to GM - or you really can just roll another one it's not that long. We need to be able to switch AC at level 50. And it is not only SI and JC who are concerned about it - Sentinels can only DPS, for instance.

I won't be replying to this thread, it was discussed a lot in previous ones. I'm just stating my position.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEROWASHU View Post
    I don't see the comparing rogue to mage or warrior to rogue or what to what that people keep coming up with.

I do see a boomkin to tree to bear to car similarity.

I think far too many people impart a separation that is clearly not there.

I picked Sith Warrior, the secondary specialization is only that. Considering that secondaries share a tree is more than enough to show they are similar
    As Paladin and Warrior Both have the protection tree they are the same class!

The shared tree even shows differences between the AC's.

Take for example Smuggler. As Gunslinger you are a long range high dps class that is based on positioning.

As Scoundrel, you are a close range mobile dps or healer. They both play completely different.

Another example is Jedi Consular. As Sage you are a long range healer or a caster type dps, close to being a mage.
    As Shadow you are a melee tank or a stealth melee dps, close to rogue/enhancement shaman.

Deleted
    If they put AC switching in it would make having those AC pointless. If they want AC switching in, just make 8 classes from the start instead of choosing at 10.

though if they bring AC switching in, after their whole giant speech about how decisions matter, I'll just end my sub. Since it'll turn into decisions matter, but credits make them not.

For people saying that Sentinels want to tank too, people should just pick the damn Guardian then, since then they can do both. Common sense seems to be non existent in some people these days. Consular/Inquisitor shouldn't be able to go from caster heal/DPS to melee tank/DPS whenever they please, it's exactly like going from mage to rogue whenever you feel like, people who say otherwise are just been stupid.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    i hope not. It would potentially destroy the game.
    If you think AC switches would "destroy the game", when the game hasn't even launched, I think you might be being a bit of drama-manufacturer.

Making it super-easy would detract from the game somewhat, but given that you're made to make the AC choice early in your career and without a truly proper explanation of how serious the choice is - it should have a conversation scene at the very least. I would suggest implementing a level-scaling respec-quest that costs a large and increasing amount of cash to do.

As Paladin and Warrior Both have the protection tree they are the same class!

The shared tree even shows differences between the AC's.

Take for example Smuggler. As Gunslinger you are a long range high dps class that is based on positioning.

As Scoundrel, you are a close range mobile dps or healer. They both play completely different.

Another example is Jedi Consular. As Sage you are a long range healer or a caster type dps, close to being a mage.
    As Shadow you are a melee tank or a stealth melee dps, close to rogue/enhancement shaman.
    Hyperbole aside you didn't support your point very well. Paladins start off as Paladins, as such they can be Holy, Retribution, or Protection. The Star Wars difference is that it is more flexible as your example show, you have three roles in smuggler you can obtain which is very WOW regular class like or as Consular you have four specializations like a Druid.

so... again.... why not allow AC respec you are just a specialization within a class to begin with?
    iMac

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    people who say otherwise are just been stupid.
    Everyone who disagrees with you is "just stupid". Wow, nice arguing there champ!

Deleted
    If they put AC switching in it would make having those AC pointless. If they want AC switching in, just make 8 classes from the start instead of choosing at 10.

though if they bring AC switching in, after their whole giant speech about how decisions matter, I'll just end my sub. Since it'll turn into decisions matter, but credits make them not.

For people saying that Sentinels want to tank too, people should just pick the damn Guardian then, since then they can do both. Common sense seems to be non existent in some people these days. Consular/Inquisitor shouldn't be able to go from caster heal/DPS to melee tank/DPS whenever they please, it's exactly like going from mage to rogue whenever you feel like, people who say otherwise are just been stupid.
    I totally agree. BioWare sticks to their class system of having a base class then the real class after a while they had in Kotor. They made the mistake to call them Classes and Advanced classes. They should have called them Archtypes and Classes instead.

There are only four classes in this game and their specialization is just a convoluted talent system with one extra step in it. That the AC don't have three completely unique trees is telling.
    iMac

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Everyone who disagrees with you is "just stupid". Wow, nice arguing there champ!
    Been stupid and just stupid, there's a difference.

So you're telling me been able to switch from a rogue to a mage is totally fine, and you would of been fine with it in WoW?

It's a stupid idea to be able to swap anything like that whenever you want.

There are only four classes in this game and their specialization is just a convoluted talent system with one extra step in it. That the AC don't have three completely unique trees is telling.
    They're called advance CLASSES for a reason.

Deleted
    Hyperbole aside you didn't support your point very well. Paladins start off as Paladins, as such they can be Holy, Retribution, or Protection. The Star Wars difference is that it is more flexible as your example show, you have three roles in smuggler you can obtain which is very WOW regular class like or as Consular you have four specializations like a Druid.

so... again.... why not allow AC respec you are just a specialization within a class to begin with?
    You know that the gunslinger has 3 Trees/specs and the scoundrel has 3 other trees/spec just like WoW classes each have 3 specs(Druid aside).

You have to see the AC's as classes as in most mmo's, the "class" like warrior is just an archtype without any specs, its like a tutorial character for melee combat, then at 10 you pick your actual Class.

Apart from a few moves learnt 1-10, my Jedi Guardian, is quite a lot different to my Sentinel.

about as different as a Warrior is to a Deathknight.

It is a game with 8 Classes, it seems only lazy people want it only to be 4.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Destroy the game? Really?

I'd be fine with it if it cost a lot/was hard to do. Something you do maybe once or twice and after that it just becomes to expensive/hard.
    Bioware wants your class choice to matter. it would completely go against this if they just let you flip ACs whenever they want. For example, Sorc is completely different storyline from Assassin after 1-10, and it would make no sense to just flip between stories just so casually as some people want it to be.
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

You know that the gunslinger has 3 Trees/specs and the scoundrel has 3 other trees/spec just like WoW classes each have 3 specs(Druid aside).
    You know that actually they don't? They have 2 individual specs per the AC, and 1 shared tree between the two ACs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deke View Post
    You know that actually they don't? They have 2 individual specs per the AC, and 1 shared tree between the two ACs.
    Did you play the shared tree in each AC? They play different, they are called the same and have shared talents, just like in wow you often get +%stats in several talent trees.

This thread is feedback. It’ll be taken into account by the developers, along with the usual metrics we look at. I’ll say this much – any sort of Advanced Class changing is not under discussion for launch, or even right after launch.
    If they do, won't be anywhere near launch. That's an "if". They are considering this aspect to be placed in the game as much as they are swimming.