Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    No, now you are stretching it.
    China and Russia don't oppose everything the 'West' proposes.
    They just oppose the retarded suggestions, that attack an ally of them.
    If Iran would threathen Australia (which they would never do, they hardly threathen anyone) than Russia would do something about it.
    All the country does now is yelling: "If you attack us, we strike back hard!"
    And people call that agressive..
    hardly threaten anyone? are you really that naive they have made many threats against the Israel and any country that supports them, they fund terrorist groups that have been killing Israelis for decades. maybe you never herd of- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_hostage_crisis

---------- Post added 2011-12-05 at 12:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sorceress View Post
    No more than the United States where whoever has the most money get's to dictate policy, too bad for the 99% some of which work 2 jobs and still can't afford to cover their bills. There was a docu on the BBC that showed people working 60 hour weeks and yet still had to get their groceries from food banks.
    no one working 60 hours a week in US has to get food from a food bank.if they do it's there own fault for not managing the money correctly even at minimum wage working 60 hours a week would be more then enough to live on I did when I was younger and sure I didn't have lots of money to spare but i didn't need to get food stamps.
    Last edited by stabetha; 2011-12-05 at 07:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington said "Avoid foreign entanglements"

We as a nation have been notoriously bad at avoiding foreign entanglements. Georgie is rolling in his grave. I for one can't wait for the day where America stops playing World Police.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahaa.. You do know that there are a tons of countries with nuclear power but no nukes?
    and there are tons of countries that don't say that want to "wipe Israel of the face of the earth".

"Anybody who recognizes Israel will burn in the fire of the Islamic nation's fury."
    Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

So what if Iran gets nukes. Israel has them. Only fair. I'm all for nobody having any nukes, but since that doesn't seem to be an option, what are you left with? I notice many western countries only went full "nukes are bad, m'kay" once they'd got themselves a bunch of stealthy submarines loaded to the tits with city-flatteners.

Plus, it's the only thing that will save them from the inevitable invasion the US are cooking up. Iran have Iraq on one side. Afghanistan on the other. Both rather likely to allow troops to base themselves on the Iranian border, given the puppet governments both have. If I were them, I'd jolly well start pretending I had The Bomb as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    and there are tons of countries that don't say that want to "wipe Israel of the face of the earth".

"Anybody who recognizes Israel will burn in the fire of the Islamic nation's fury."
    Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
    Ahmadinejad actually has little power in Iran. The people who do have that power know very well that building a nuke is nothing more than bluster because if they did use it, everyone else in the world would rip Iran apart.

The only true threat is, will Iran sell the technology to terrorist groups?
    Putin khuliyo

So, we should just allow sovereign nations to do as they please? Ok, then let’s rewind to WW2 and let Adolf Hitler and the Nazi regime just go on doing what they will...

If Iran gets the nuke of course they will sell it to terrorists...

If someone threatened to wipe my country off the map with nukes, I'd bomb them too, to prevent that.
    Last edited by Nexdominus; 2011-12-05 at 07:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do know that the US was funding/backing up the Shah that Iran was busy trying to overthrow?
    That would be the same as the US supporting Gadaffi.. Ofcourse they will occupy your ambassy than! You're just asking for it.

Ahaa.. What terrorist groups do they fund?
    They only help Hezbollah, and only Israël, Canada and the US see them as terrorists. The rest of the world doesn't care about them.

---------- Post added 2011-12-05 at 10:15 PM ----------

Stop raping quotes.
    "I want to tell them (western countries) just as the Soviet Union was wiped out and today does not exist, so will the Zionist regime (in Israel) soon be wiped out."

So?
    The January 15, 2008, bombing of a U.S. Embassy vehicle in Beirut.
    The 1992 Israeli Embassy attack in Buenos Aires, killing 29, in Argentina.
    The 1994 AMIA bombing of a Jewish cultural centre, killing 85, in Argentina.
    In 2002, Singapore accused Hezbollah of recruiting Singaporeans in a failed 1990s plot to attack U.S. and Israeli ships in the Singapore Straits.
    In 2009, a Hezbollah plot in Egypt was uncovered, where Egyptian authorities arrested 49 men for planning attacks against Israeli and Egyptian targets in the Sinai Peninsula.

yeah Hezbollah is just a political group

and they did more then just occupy our embassy they held 444 Americans hostage for over a year and demanded we give them weapons to fight there war with Iraq if we wanted them returned.
    Last edited by stabetha; 2011-12-05 at 07:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude.. This thread is about China and Russia.
    Hezbollah is not a terrorist organization according to 99% of the world.
    Discussion closed.
    it's about china and Russia opposing sanctions against a terrorist supporting country that is trying to build a nuclear weapon you say they aren't terrorist and some how you think 99% of the world doesn't think they are

Countries below have officially listed Hezbollah in at least some part as a terrorist organization.
    Australia
    Canada
    Israel
    United Kingdom
    United States
    Netherlands yes your own country lists them as a terrorist group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    it's about china and Russia opposing sanctions against a terrorist supporting country that is trying to build a nuclear weapon you say they aren't terrorist and some how you think 99% of the world doesn't think they are

Countries below have officially listed Hezbollah in at least some part as a terrorist organization.
    Australia
    Canada
    Israel
    United Kingdom
    United States
    Netherlands yes your own country lists them as a terrorist group.
    Actually, Australia, GB and Netherlands only list Hizbollah's external security organization as terrorists. 99% might be a bit to high, given the US's 318 million people, but around 90-95% of the world's population (as measured by the governments stance) does not regard them as terrorists.

Oh, and "terrorist supporting country"? We heard that tune being sung before the invasion of Iraq, when Saddam (despite his other horrid flaws) ruthlessly cracked down on any and all terrorist groups due to him fearing they would challenge his position of power. Granted, Iran supporting terrorist groups directly or indirectly seems slightly more likely due to their overall ideology, but it's still an accusation that requires unshakable proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Wromthrax View Post
    Because it's the right thing to do, Iran is a sovereign country it should handle it's own problems the same way other countries should handle their own and only their own stuff.

It's pretty funny that the only country that has actually used nuclear weapons is pretending to be scared from another one that hasn't even made them and saying: "Oh, but you can't do that only we can".
    Drops a few bombs on Iran and let their Nuclear program turn the place into the Glass Desert. Problem solved. Worked in GI-JOE against Cobra and Destro.

Of course in the real world, its more difficult. While I dont know if I would support a full-scale invasion, I do know that I'm rather sick of seeing a little pisser like Mahmoud Ahmadinejad get away with playing footsy. We did not tolerate Saddam's antics, the US should not tolerate his.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...you serious?
    Yep.
    Cold War is over since 20 years, they don't even have the same government.

I asked for instances where Russia opposed something, just because they want to be annoying.
    The US has had numerous different administrations since then to, what of it? The whole Cold War was about the US and the USSR trying to stay one step ahead of eachother in the arena of world influence. Every step one side took was to counter a step the other made. The entire conflict was based on indirect opposition. In the UN and the world at large.

But on what occasions? A missile-shield at the border of Russia, an attack on North Korea?
    That's not for the sake of opposition, but because they don't want that near their border.
    So no, they don't oppose to be annoying, it's for personal protection.
    They oppose the west on whatever they feel like opposing them west on. Most often they oppose western initiatives on the basis of preventing a unilateral powerbase to develop, but that and their own best interests aren't mutually exclusive either. I never suggested tey did it to be "annoying", that was your word.

Ahaa.. You do know that there are a tons of countries with nuclear power but no nukes?
    And you're surely not so naive as to think any country with nuclear capabilities can't produce a bomb within a few months right? Just because a country doesn't "officially" have a nuke this very second doesn't mean they can't have one if/when they feel it would be necessary. Any country that possesses a nuclear energy program also has the capability to weaponize that program fairly easily, and any gov't will do so if they feel it's necessary. You let something truly serious go down, and you'll see most of Europe nuke up in a matter of weeks.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Siigh, we're talking about Iran.. They aren't the warmongering fools like some other countries.

Except that Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said that he wants Israel "wiped off the face of the earth". Pretty big talk for a little sand-rat in my estimates who in all likelyhood should be squashed like Saddam was.

Quote Originally Posted by LichslayerX View Post
    Except that Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said that he wants Israel "wiped off the face of the earth". Pretty big talk for a little sand-rat in my estimates who in all likelyhood should be squashed like Saddam was.
    He's not the leader of Iran.

He's below like 13 people.
    Last edited by Pert; 2011-12-05 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    The US has had numerous different administrations since then to, what of it? The whole Cold War was about the US and the USSR trying to stay one step ahead of eachother in the arena of world influence. Every step one side took was to counter a step the other made. The entire conflict was based on indirect opposition. In the UN and the world at large.
    Ding.

The Cold War wasn't the only cold war in the annals of history either. The way a nation advances itself in the global community without direct conflict (military or otherwise) with rival nations is to support those minor players that WILL adopt direct conflict of their own initiative. Its generally much more cost-effective to throw a few rebels some guns then to declare allout war over every last border dispute.