Doing normal DS tonight. I have done LFR a few times to get the geist of the fights..

Should I still look at the videos? I know LFR is a joke but I am guessing that normal DS bosses/add/manics will actually be deadly.

If addons are just a crutch for healing, forks are just a crutch for eating spaghetti and real carpenters pound in nails with their foreheads.

Yes definitely watch the videos. or look at the differences rather the last 4 bosses are not on lfr...yet

Deleted
    As far as mechanics being deadly I would say not really except for Ultraxion Hour of Twilight get timing wrong on that mechanic and your dead and if you lose a dps in 10 man even for a split second with a combat res you may as well wipe it as the enrage timer is short and insta gib if passed.

The first 4 are pretty much exactly the same as LFR with increased incoming damage and larger health of bosses I think and some small hardly noticeable changes to speed of mechanics, so for the first 4 at least reading over the what you ma call it journal in game should do.

As for the last 4 there are not many vids available of live content so I would recommend reading over abilities in the journal and watching the most recent PTR vids that you can find, some things may be changed but over all you should be able to get a decent understanding of how you can deal with some of the mechanics and generally DS isn't really mechanic heavy in normal modes at least so it shouldn't be as hard as the last few tiers to get to grips with.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolNitro View Post
    As far as mechanics being deadly I would say not really except for Ultraxion Hour of Twilight get timing wrong on that mechanic and your dead and if you lose a dps in 10 man even for a split second with a combat res you may as well wipe it as the enrage timer is short and insta gib if passed.
    Well, to be honest, the normal modes aren't really anything special. You can die on Hagara if you jump in the spike walls, but really, nothing's going to kill you.

We went from 0/8 to 6/8 last night in about 2 1/2 hours(Semi-casual weekend raiding), with stupid wipes along the way that took up time because people aren't familiar with the fights yet. Granted, we're all in nearly full 391 from Firelands heroics.

And to the quote, you can just two heal Ultraxian and blow through it with a ton of time to spare on that Hour of Twilight, so that's nothing scary.

Everything in the place feels very undertuned and there is literally nothing that's going to fuck you up unless you intentionally try to die or are just plain derp and get hit by something that will instagib you.
    I accidentally my signature

Deleted
    Morchok is exactly the same as on LFR, only hp changes.
    YorSahj is also exactly the same, if you know the kill prio on adds its an easy kill. Again only HP changes.
    Zon'Ozz is different. The orb bouncing is alot different on normal, but still easy. Again HP changes
    Hagara is almost exactly the same. Only HP changes and the Icetomb (that works like a player in crystal trap on Shannox) added.

In normals you miss the retards, but the dmg and HP is a bit higher. So in the end not much harder.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xleetskeetx View Post
    Well, to be honest, the normal modes aren't really anything special. You can die on Hagara if you jump in the spike walls, but really, nothing's going to kill you.

We went from 0/8 to 6/8 last night in about 2 1/2 hours(Semi-casual weekend raiding), with stupid wipes along the way that took up time because people aren't familiar with the fights yet. Granted, we're all in nearly full 391 from Firelands heroics.

And to the quote, you can just two heal Ultraxian and blow through it with a ton of time to spare on that Hour of Twilight, so that's nothing scary.

Everything in the place feels very undertuned and there is literally nothing that's going to fuck you up unless you intentionally try to die or are just plain derp and get hit by something that will instagib you.
    tbh it's all well and good in full 391 gear and sure normal modes will feel undertuned in that gear but drop your self a few item levels down to around 384 or less and it's hard to beat that enrage timer, my self being Disc and a Resto druid do two heal Ultraxian with no issues and not a single death due to lack of healing but the dps even poping pots and every ounce of dps they can pull we either hit the enrage on a perfect run or wipe due to fails on Twilight.

To be completely honest with you though in our guild we haven't had the best of luck with the dps members this whole expansion and unfortunately Ultraxian isn't a boss where healers can carry people.

We are a 10man guild we have about 4 ppl with 387 gear rest is around 380, We'd finished yesterday whole DS. The only fight We had troubles with was DW Him self. Firstly our RL played a bit on PTR but on live tactics was different so we had to wourk out our own way(about 2 hours).

Its important to use all of raid cds on the last Elementium blast and give same sacrifice + pain suppresion to tank(he got hit for 360k without cds). In p2 you need 2 rotate cds on tanks when adds spawn(tanks cds(shield wall)+raid cds(+power word barrier/shaman totem)). It's good if dps use dream when they are rly low so healers have time to top them but it's not required. Leave some tranquils & Divine hymn for last 6% (his aoe dmg gets insane then).

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithrildar View Post
    YorSahj is also exactly the same, if you know the kill prio on adds its an easy kill. Again only HP changes.
    Zon'Ozz is different. The orb bouncing is alot different on normal, but still easy. Again HP changes
    Hagara is almost exactly the same. Only HP changes and the Icetomb (that works like a player in crystal trap on Shannox) added.

In normals you miss the retards, but the dmg and HP is a bit higher. So in the end not much harder.
    Yorsahj is almost the same, but the green on LFR doesnt do splash dmg iirc so you can just stay completely stacked on LFR. But in normal you must spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrildar View Post

couldnt of said it better myself

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolNitro View Post
    tbh it's all well and good in full 391 gear and sure normal modes will feel undertuned in that gear but drop your self a few item levels down to around 384 or less and it's hard to beat that enrage timer, my self being Disc and a Resto druid do two heal Ultraxian with no issues and not a single death due to lack of healing but the dps even poping pots and every ounce of dps they can pull we either hit the enrage on a perfect run or wipe due to fails on Twilight.

To be completely honest with you though in our guild we haven't had the best of luck with the dps members this whole expansion and unfortunately Ultraxian isn't a boss where healers can carry people.
    Seems like they're pulling insanely low dps then, we killed it with about 2 minutes left on the enrage with 2 healers and 2 tanks.