Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

To be a female... or to romance a female... That is the question.

I'm really torn between playing a female sith warrior, because I typically have a distaste for the way male models tend to look in video games, or playing a male so I can romance my female apprentice. I really don't want to miss out on anything interesting on the romance front, but i'm not really sure how deep that whole thing goes. From my experience playing so far, companions don't really seem to have a whole lot of depth. They typically just follow you around chattering and very very rarely do you get to have actual conversations with them.

So my question is, when you start romancing a companion, can you actually speak to them more often or do they give the the typical "i dont feel like talking right now" response all the time except when they have a quest or something?

Arg, it's so hard to choose
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wait for the patch allowing same gender romances and play with the model you think looks better?

I'm not sure if that whole can of worms will ever be opened in the first place, and even if it is, they worded it like it would only be through new companions, not existing ones.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

I just use the player models I like the most. At most that romance thing is couple quests from your companion.

I'm leaning more to a female Sentinel atm.

There's gonna be enough burly Jedi running around.

Deleted
    I'll be a hulking male jedi guardian. My first male in a long time, but I don't want to miss out on Kira

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    Arg, it's so hard to choose
    I know what you mean, I tend to choose female in a lot of games, and I tend to go with the female romance option when it's there. Being a female and romancing a male... that's not gonna happen. That feels too weird. I'll probably just go with female main, and make a male alt so I can see what the companion romances are like. And then hopefully they'll allow a female companion to romance at some point.
    ಠ_ಠ

well since i intend to play both a sage and a shadow ill make my shadow female since i intend to play shadow as a main and do the kira romance on my healer sage

being a dude it's more natural obviously and you get the hot womens. the female inquisitor had a cool voice though, maybe if I'm crazy enough to make 2 of each one day.

I will be playing this game to blow crap up and kill things.

not to romance stuff...

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkymunke View Post
    well since i intend to play both a sage and a shadow ill make my shadow female since i intend to play shadow as a main and do the kira romance on my healer sage
    Don't want to be an ass, but you don't have Kira as a jedi consular. Only the jedi knight can have this companion.

On topic, will play a female as always and don't really plan to do any romance. Unless they add female/female romance or I can flirt my trandoshan companion (his so cute :P ).

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always played a male, just feels wrong to be a gender I'm not and so far from gaining 8,000 affection with Vette, they don't really talk much. I've only had a conversation maybe 4-5 times, that's about it. The last conversation gave me a quest.

Funny when I play "good" I play male. But something about playing a badass evil character makes me pick female. I really don't care about romance. So most likely my Trooper will be male and my Sith female
    "Peace is a lie"

I've actually been thinking about the same question as the OP.
    I usually like playing females in games, but I'm a sucker for stories that have romance options (such that I played a male for Mass Effect).

It also feels too weird to play a female and romance a male being a male in real life. (yes, ironic that that crosses the line but playing a female does not). So.. I still haven't fully decided. I'm leaning towards playing female, skipping any romance options, and hoping they add female to female romance companions in the future.

Also, I looked through all the companions and the ones that allow romance options. Not really a fan of most of the female ones. I'm partial to the human anatomy and not alien looking beings.

-Echellon

I'll be rolling a female for sure, but if a male companion will start hitting on me... OH MY GOD THAT'S SO FCKD UP. ://

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deviltry View Post
    I'll be rolling a female for sure, but if a male companion will start hitting on me... OH MY GOD THAT'S SO FCKD UP. ://
    That's what you get for rolling a female, tough luck if it happens, you roll one you accept there may be flirting... Derp
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2011-12-04 at 02:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviltry View Post
    I think flirting has to be initiated by the player, but i'm not 100%
    Yub Yub

i can NOT stand the sith warrior male accent, i was gonna go female for that.
    but thankfully my friends changed they're minds on what they wanted to play (first noone wanted warrior so i was gonna tank warrior, but now its looking like our four man will be tank BH, healing inquis, dps warrior, dps IA.. winning) so i get to be a BH again, and the male voice is great for bounty hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    I'm not sure if that whole can of worms will ever be opened in the first place, and even if it is, they worded it like it would only be through new companions, not existing ones.
    If I remember correctly they Bioware actually mentioned that they're planning to add same sex stuff in the future.

Fuck yeah, lesbos!

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    If I remember correctly they Bioware actually mentioned that they're planning to add same sex stuff in the future.

Fuck yeah, lesbos!
    Yes SGRAs will be post launch, hopefully we don't have to wait for the first expansion.