Deleted

Any Solid info on Legacy System?

As an altoholic, I am interested by this system, but I havent seen any info about it.

Anyone know any reliable sources about it?

Is it in from launch?

Any info at all would be useful.

I was never able to unlock it during the weekend, so here is what I know.
    It was in the Thanksgiving Beta. It requires "Act 1" to be completed. How the game divides acts up, I don't know, but I had completed the first planet and Coruscant on my Consular and that still was not all of "Act 1".

that's all I can tell you but at least it's in!

15+ Year Old Account
    The only information posted by devs is that it unlocks an optional surname.
    You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

Deleted
    finding some info now.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=642635 thread started by James Ohlen, basically saying you can choose to have surname displayed after name, under name (eg.

<name>
    The <x> Legacy

) or not at all.

Benefits for the legacy exp will be added in a later patch, so not in at launch.

---------- Post added 2011-12-04 at 02:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    ah yes I remember that thread now. I guess I was hoping on more info than what has been released so far.
    Last edited by mmoc47607dc526; 2011-12-04 at 02:18 PM.

Deleted
    Someone already posted a link to another thread, but I figured I can give my answer here as well. I managed to unlock Legacy on the beta and what I could see it did was to give all your characters a legacy surname (I'm not 100% sure if it's permanent on all characters, or just one yet). But there are several levels of Legacy and once you unlock it you'll slowly gain Legacy Points from killing things and completing quests, once you reach a higher level you'll unlock more things.

At level 30 (or around there), you'll unlock the Legacy Surname, allowing you to pick one that can be displayed after your characters name and later on you'll be able to get a Legacy title. I don't know if this impacts any gameplay outside of the name/title features, though.

Undocumented Changes

Coming soon: Advance your Legacy and unlock unique Legacy Powers and Legacy Character Creation Options! All Legacy Levels earned now will be used when these features are activated.

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/s...-notes-12-1-11

Deleted
    I would be cool if the system let you pick your alts as companions

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    Character Creation Options
    Why do I feel I will rage about this when I have already created my characters and lots of awesome creation options come out.