Heroic DS Advice

As a guild leader of a rather decent 10 man guild, I've been meaning to get some additional feedback, suggestions and opinions on the upcoming Dragon Soul heroics. Due to some organization issues, we were unable to test Dragon Soul heroics during the PTR.

I'm familiar with most mechanics on all the bosses (heroic wise), and we have some possible strategies laid out. But I was wondering if anybody here had personally tested said encounters and could provide some last minute tips. I would like to bring an optimal comp as quickly as possible to each encounter, rather than try with 2 healers first, then 3, etc. How is the tuning on these fights? Is there anything in particular that stands out for each one?

Thanks in advance.

1. Morchok (2 healers)
    2. Hagara (3 healers)
    3. Yor'Sahj (if you know you're lucky, go with 2 healers, if you know you'll be getting purple+yellow+red+green often, go with 3)
    4. Zon'ozz (no fucking idea about this one honestly)
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    1. Morchok (2 healers)
    2. Hagara (3 healers)
    3. Yor'Sahj (if you know you're lucky, go with 2 healers, if you know you'll be getting purple+yellow+red+green often, go with 3)
    4. Zon'ozz (no fucking idea about this one honestly)
    Last I heard Morchok was a 4 healer fight since the DPS requirements weren't tuned particularly high and the raid damage can get a little bit overwhelming with stomps & crystals back to back. Any particular reasons to bring 2 healers instead of 4?

from what ive heard/seen

1. Morchol (3 healers)
    2. Yor'Sahj (3 healers to avoid any bad luck)
    3. Zon'ozz (3 healers)
    4. Hagara (3 healers)

the gunship, ultraxion and spine im not 100% sure but ive seen 3 healers on that fight. possibly 2 heals on spine.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maefor View Post
    Last I heard Morchok was a 4 healer fight since the DPS requirements weren't tuned particularly high and the raid damage can get a little bit overwhelming with stomps & crystals back to back. Any particular reasons to bring 2 healers instead of 4?
    Well it depends on what tactic you use, if you use the tactic with Morchok - Raid - Kochrom (so raid in the middle) then you will get 2 stomps in a row and 2 crystals in between an then the damage on the raid will increase.

On the other hand if you use the tactic by just splitting your 10 man group into 2 5 mans and have each of the groups deal with 1 boss the damage on the raid decreases a bit and you can just focus on your group and so 1 tank 1 healer and 3 dps per group is ideal.

Deleted
    Mmm.. since stomp leaves a 100% increase of damage for 10 seconds, won't it get a bit harsh? The "treat it as 2 5-man bosses" tactic sounds better.

Also, hagara with 3 healers? It's because the lightning phase? Others don't seem that high in raid damage.

Mmm.. since stomp leaves a 100% increase of damage for 10 seconds, won't it get a bit harsh?
    Was this added late/after PTR? I noticed the two strats guilds are using for Morchok (2 completely separate groups VS 1 big group soaking + just mt/soaker avoid stomps from opposite boss). I dont see how the latter would have worked on PTR if stomp had the +100% for 10 sec built in, going by the PTR vids I saw.

Deleted
    Don't really know at what point it was added... I noticed as I was reviewing the dungeon journal for heroics next week. I discarded the all the raid in the middle after seeing it, don't know if in the PTR guilds had to handle that debuff too.

I think the +100%dam debuff was added specifically to break the whole-raid-soaks-in-middle strat, forcing players to do it closer to what they intended (2 completely separate independant groups).

I think the general rule of 3 until more geared should be a pretty decent standpoint
    Into MoP beta, working on new gold blog, watch this space!

Does anyone know what the adds are like in the burn phases on ping pong boss?

Do you know if you can skip either yor'sajh or zon'ozz and go heroic Hagara the first week ? Or do you need to kill the first 3 boss to get to her ?

Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    Do you know if you can skip either yor'sajh or zon'ozz and go heroic Hagara the first week ? Or do you need to kill the first 3 boss to get to her ?
    I don't KNOW, but I assume it's like FL, can do it in any order you wish, cept probably spine / madness

Deleted
    Pretty sure you can kill them in normal and go for Hagara. Although I would try Yor'sahj a bit and get a feeling of how hard he is (since once you start with hagara there is no turning back that week). I suppose it will depend on the time needed to kill Morchok HM.

By the way, heroic Yor'sahj... It does feel like purple>yellow>green>blue, right? At least I think the yellow becomes much more dangerous in heroic, where it empowers void bolt+two other abilities (unless you get either blue or black, which are not improved by yellow).

Any good sites for 25H content so far?

Deleted
    With decent dps you can use 2 healers on pretty much everywhere like in FL, but if you doubt about your dps is low/failing you should take 3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    At least I think the yellow becomes much more dangerous in heroic, where it empowers void bolt+two other abilities (unless you get either blue or black, which are not improved by yellow).
    Yellow + Black = 2 sets of adds instead of 1.

Deleted
    Ook, thanks, didn't got that combination this wednesday... Good to know, more reason to give higher priority to yellow then.

Morchok and his evil twin have shared healthpool right?

Pretty sure you can kill them in normal and go for Hagara. Although I would try Yor'sahj a bit and get a feeling of how hard he is (since once you start with hagara there is no turning back that week). I suppose it will depend on the time needed to kill Morchok HM.

By the way, heroic Yor'sahj... It does feel like purple>yellow>green>blue, right? At least I think the yellow becomes much more dangerous in heroic, where it empowers void bolt+two other abilities (unless you get either blue or black, which are not improved by yellow).
    Yor'sajh seems pretty doable atm but zon'ozz SEEMS way harder than Hagara or Ultraxion for that matter (who is only a DPS/HPS check), we're gonna make a few attempts on zon'ozz but if we don't succeed we'll skip it entirely for 1 week (or more).

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmatrix View Post
    Morchok and his evil twin have shared healthpool right?
    Yep !

I've seen a few videos and it seems that purple isn't always the top priority. When you keep in mind that it's best to 2 heal it (in 10m) you want to lower the raid damages when possible so color combos like purple-yellow-black-bleu (with only 1 AOE blob - yellow here) you might want to kill the yellow blob to keep the raid damage down (black doesn't hurt much). If there are 2 AOE blobs + purple then yeah purple is the priority.
    I can't wait to deal with a green-purple-yellow-red combo ! :X
    Last edited by Recom; 2011-12-05 at 01:37 PM.