Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Xmute master not proccing

Ive been doing some transmutes recently and maybe im just having a long string of bad luck or maybe it is really broken

Transmute has always been terrible luck for me. It's hard to tell if it's broken or low.

It is deffos very low, broken? Hm I sometimes think so. On the other hand never really heard anyone complain about it, so I dunno. But wouldn't mind it getting tweaked a bit

I think I normally got one every 10-15 transmutes although there was a time I got a x6...

I got a proc on shadowspirit diamond today so I don't think it's broken. It's always felt low though, ever since TBC. Those five procs are pretty magical moments though.

I did 5 Inferno Ruby transmutes yesterday and i ended up with 9.
    So its working just fine.
    Transmute mastery is like playing the lottery; if you dont win anything 10 times in a row that doesn't mean they are cheating you out of anything, its called bad luck.
    The previous results play no part in the upcoming result.

Well how big was your sample?

Obviously the chance to get any procs at all is lower with only 10 transmutes than with 100, you're probably just having bad luck

If you are just doing a transmute truegold every day then don't expect to get a proc very often but if you are transmuting multiple times on something without a cooldown such as gems or arcanite bars then you will see them. I don't think proc chances for transmute are actually any different to what they are for potions or elixirs... It's around 20%.

If I make 200 potions I can quite often go 15-20 without getting a single proc but over the 200 i'd normally get around 40 extra.

Deleted
    The proc rate is incredibly low, but this is working as intended as the most profit is to be made from it generally. Since cata release, doing either truegold at least 4 times a week ive probably had a total of 16 procs, usually proccing 1 extra (2 truegolds instead of 1) and twice it has procced 5. Gems tend to procs more frequently, and last week with the mats for 100 shadowspirit gems i managed to get 137. Dont lose faith, you will get yours soon enough!

My transmute alt's proc rate has been the same as normal. Aprox 20%. I've noticed no change since the patch. That's for gems, however. I have horrid luck with truegold so I don't even bother anymore. I make my gold selling enchanting scrolls and gems.

It's really hit or miss. Sometimes I get 20 extra rubies out of 50 or 10 extra.

doing my daily truegold on four chars (xmute spec) have had one x2 proc since 4.3. they must have lowered the rate.

It's all RNG...sometimes you got many proc and sometimes none. Pure luck based.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pre-4.3 it was odd not to proc extra volatiles, now it's rare to get procced volatiles. It does feel like the proc rate was nerfed.

Edit: I have three transmute specced Alchs, and rarely did even 1 out of the three not proc extra volatiles. Generally speaking, most nearly all of the time all 3 toons would gets extra proccs. Now, I'm lucky if even one gets proccs, I've done two days (that's 6 xmutes) and only procced 2 volatiles from 1 proc.
    Last edited by Irisel; 2011-12-10 at 10:58 AM.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I transmuted 9 Carnelian into 8 Inferno rubies today. It works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    I transmuted 9 Carnelian into 8 Inferno rubies today. It works.
    I too have procced an extra gem.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

i made 49 shadowspirirt diamonds off of 18 casts. so im pretty happy only meant to give 2 per so 36 so i made out with 13 more then normal.

i was happy considering they still sell for 95g each

cost me about 1kgold for the mats.

so i made a profit of 3655gold. and yeah they all sold im using this to my advantage though seeming as others dont place theres so low always sell.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    i procced 3, 4 and 5 on truegold 3 days in row some weeks ago but now its just 1, 1 , 1 , 1

Still working fine transmuting gems for me. Got a x4 and x5(!) proc from two separate occassions of transmuting 3-4 rubies each time. So I think the RNG is still working as intended.

Deleted
    I had the mats for 150 inferno's last night, ended up with 203 and got 2 truegolds which is my first truegold proc since patch. Inferno's seem to be nice to me, i always seem to get anywhere between 1/4 and 1/3 of what i'm doing but truegold is low for me (but makeing a killing on gems at the min so not complaining).