Deleted

Need help with warzone HP and damage.

So far im enjoying my 28 SW marauder(outside of warzones). when im in warzones i get globaled by almost everything that walks(i can take other jedi knights/SW). normally i deal 200-1k damage with very rare 2k crits and im afraid that damage cant outlast imperial agent for example. now i wanna know is this normal?(my damage) and will it somehow improve at level cap? also whats the most OP class(pvp wise)?

thanks

Deleted
    Marauder's can dish out some serious damage at higher levels once you unlock more abilities and get some PvP gear.

Ranged classes will always be hard for melee, due to more CC and snares etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you meant globaled. Even a level 10 vs a level 50 isn't going to be globaled. The system makes your stats higher when paired with higher level opponents.

Strategy plays into the warzone PvP pretty heavily. If you run straight at a sniper, you're dead. If you get in his face, you will probably wreck him.

As for most OP class, different people will tell you different things.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-12-05 at 12:45 AM.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Sorry to tell you, but even a level 10 vs a level 50 isn't going to be globaled. The system makes your stats higher when paired with higher level opponents.

Strategy plays into the warzone PvP pretty heavily. If you run straight at a sniper, you're dead. If you get in his face, you will probably wreck him.

As for most OP class, different people will tell you different things.
    im pretty sure i saw some serious globaling here /watch?v=9ykbwnj2g9Q

what i can theorize from doing PvP this past weekend, is that your strength in warzones is your RELATIVE strength for your level. meaning if you are lvl 25 running around in full orange gear, you will be stronger then a lvl 50 in full green gear(however you wont have the abilities).

its a very good design that reduces queue times while keeping warzones on the same server.

on my BH(lvl 25) i noticed that i could take almost any melee character one on one if i kited them properly and they didnt keep me permaslowed. however snipers/casters gave me hell because my range is lower then them, and i didnt have the melee damage needed when i got in their face(note i was full tank spec).

also i really enjoy the fact that tanks are useful in pvp. if a DPS is on a healer, i taunt them and bam they do drastically less damage to the healer.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by wkhalifa View Post
    I didn't see any globaling. I saw the sniper take people out quickly, but it was still way longer than a global cooldown even when they had a few people on a target.

Quote Originally Posted by wkhalifa View Post
    I saw the sniper hit people for 4-5K with a damage buff they picked up. Didn't see any globaling. Perhaps you should look up what that word means.

Quote Originally Posted by torftw View Post
    I didn't see any globaling. I saw the sniper take people out quickly, but it was still way longer than a global cooldown even when they had a few people on a target.
    And it also seemed like the Sniper was in PVP gear which provides a drastic advantage over low level players, so you'd expect them to destroy people quickly. It shouldn't be an issue when the game goes live, as the Devs plan to at least give 50s their own bracket. I'm hoping for a 10-29, 30-49, 50 bracketing. I don't care if they go with cross server and 5 or 10 level bracketing, though, as long as queue times are reasonable with whatever they do.

On my operative as full concealment with 3-4 Pieces of PvP gear and being buffed 1 v 1 I have killed lower level players in 3 hits getting a lucky string of crits and using vanish.

My gear is not that great either compared to some of the other folks I have played with / encountered. Still nobody gets "globaled" in TOR, at this point.

I ran into a Jedi Shadow - Lina,who has videos everywhere, in Ilum last night and I am pretty sure they burned through my 13k health in less than 2 seconds, but a companion was involved too.

Not having a combat log its hard to tell what i get hit for.