Elementium Blast Deathwing - damage at certain range?

Hello. We reached Madness of Deathwing yesterday and had some practise on him, mostly doing green - blue - yellow - red kill order. I'm now thinking about ways of improving and changing our tactic and want to try to kill yellow a bit earlier, but I'm wondering how much damage Elementium Blast will do at certain ranges. It deals less damage the farther away players are from the impact, but I can't seem to find any formula or numbers for it.

Anyone done some testing or know approximately how much damage the impact deals at different ranges? How far away is "safe"?
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    When you play a video game, you don't put any "effort" into it at all. You're pushing keys on a keyboard, you're not running a marathon or playing a sport.

Our raid stacks right underneath the deathwing tentacle and we take about 50K per person without raid cooldowns.

That's quite low, shouldn't be too much problem removing yellow buff early then, as long as we can kill the tentacle before the bolt lands to not get a crush on the entire raid at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    When you play a video game, you don't put any "effort" into it at all. You're pushing keys on a keyboard, you're not running a marathon or playing a sport.