10+ Year Old Account

Prospecting Epic Gems?

A ton of people on my server were saying that they have been able to prospect epic gems, but I everywhere I look, I find people saying you can't. After trade channel erupted in a torrent of "Selling [Queen's Garnet]x27, PST!", the prices of Elementium Ore skyrocketed. Was this just a brilliant scheme by some a-hole to convince people you could prospect the gems so they would buy his ore? Or is it legit?

10+ Year Old Account
    You can only get epic gems out of dragon soul. Sounds like a sales ploy to me.

Not legit. It's a dragon soul thing only right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad I didn't buy into it then. Is stuff like this actionable? It was an entire guild (actually, the most progressed guild on my server) working together to fool other people into thinking they could prospect them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, they might have actually had the gems. It's possible from a 25 man guild. But, they def didnt get them from prospecting elementium. Seems like a strange guild activity as well.

I mean, they can sell their epic gems (uncut) and then probably charge an arm and a leg to have them cut -- all of which improve their profits. I'm a little shocked, though, since it will take quite a bit of time to get every raider into full epic gems. They may be saving all that for Heroic Modes or something.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sielson View Post
    Glad I didn't buy into it then. Is stuff like this actionable? It was an entire guild (actually, the most progressed guild on my server) working together to fool other people into thinking they could prospect them.
    They were probably just trolling (most progressed guild almost always means "biggest trolls").

It could be actionable under scam policies though.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

don't people read patch notes nowadays?

they could play such a complicated game but not google?

Kinda offtopic, but they are really bullying PVPers now....
    Should be possible to buy them with conquest points, but then PVEers would complain, so valor too

---------- Post added 2011-12-05 at 09:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xw00tw00tx View Post
    don't people read patch notes nowadays?

they could play such a complicated game but not google?
    Wow is really simple for 90% of the players, they smash their face into the keyboard, or get a monkey to do it
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Deleted
    Hopefully soon, Would be great to have a fair chance to have them, as a pvper'