Thread: MSI Afterburner

10+ Year Old Account

MSI Afterburner

How do I disable the MSI On-Screen Display server v4.0.1 That starts automatically every time I load up MSI Afterburner v2.1.0.

It's been doing this since I attempted to use the video capture program... which I now no longer need to do. However reverting settings back to how they used to be doesn't disable the on screen display.
    Current settings are:
    Last edited by Djinni; 2011-12-05 at 09:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    How do I disable the MSI On-Screen Display server v4.0.1 That starts automatically every time I load up MSI Afterburner v2.1.0.

It's been doing this since I attempted to use the video capture program... which I now no longer need to do. However reverting settings back to how they used to be doesn't disable the on screen display.
    Current settings are: []http://i.imgur.com/ZdhGCl.png[/IMG]
    Does it actually display anything then? Flip off "On Screen Display Support"?

I think the OSD server automatically starts if you have set automatic 2D/3D OC profile switching within MSI AB.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Does it actually display anything then? Flip off "On Screen Display Support"?

I think the OSD server automatically starts if you have set automatic 2D/3D OC profile switching within MSI AB.
    Doesn't actually do anything... just sits in my icon tray.... And since I don't really like having programs running that don't need to be... it annoy's me.

Flipping off "On Screen Display Support" just makes the icon disappear for 10seconds, then it comes right back.
    Last edited by Djinni; 2011-12-05 at 10:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try disabling the FPS Monitor in MSI Afterburner. Pretty sure this service is required to monitor FPS for Afterburner in your games. Also if you have any overlay or onscreen display options selected in Afterburner this service is required.
    Last edited by Saithes; 2011-12-05 at 12:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    Try disabling the FPS Monitor in MSI Afterburner. Pretty sure this service is required to monitor FPS for Afterburner in your games. Also if you have any overlay or onscreen display options selected in Afterburner this service is required.
    Where is that? All I can find that is close to that is this:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    Where is that? All I can find that is close to that is this:
    "Framerate" but that's weird that it's not selected.. Whenever I select it(click where the checkmark would be to enable) it starts the RivaTuner Statistic Service to monitor the FPS and when I uncheck it the service doesn't run. Try deleting the MSIAfterburner.cfg in \MSI Afterburner\Profiles\ then reopen Afterburner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    "Framerate" but that's weird that it's not selected.. Whenever I select it(click where the checkmark would be to enable) it starts the RivaTuner Statistic Service to monitor the FPS and when I uncheck it the service doesn't run. Try deleting the MSIAfterburner.cfg in \MSI Afterburner\Profiles\ then reopen Afterburner.
    Seems to have worked so far... Thanks!

just go in on-screen display in the last screenshot you posted and just disable the windows startup option now ENJOY.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    just go in on-screen display in the last screenshot you posted and just disable the windows startup option now ENJOY.
    You mean the one that already shows it being disabled? ;-)