Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    2 tank 2 heal 6 dps is already the benchmark.
    The encounters aren't designed for 3 heals... just so many healers are bad so guilds run 3.

Did 8/8 normal 10man with 2 healers no issues, 1 tank on Deathwing.

I find it a bit annoying how the healing tuning varies so wildly from fight to fight. Some seem designed around two healers, while others seem designed around three. I don't think it's humanly possible to three-heal Morchok or Yor'sahj without falling asleep, while Zon'ozz and Blackhorn are pretty damn intense with two. Or maybe its just that our holydin is having a very bad week connection-wise, forcing me to carry a greater part of the burden.

I must say that I much prefer the two-healer model over the three-healer one, though. Easier to recruit for and more fun to heal. It's hardly a new concept either; we always did lvl70 ZA with two healers.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

downed all DS with 2 healers and not much healing problem only a little bit in madness but we went with 1 tank only an downed it fast

Deleted
    there was never such a thing like a standard comp in 10m.

in fl heroics, eveything between 1t 2h 7dd and 2t 3h 5dd was possible, t11 wasn't any different. a difference of 2dd is quite big and it will always stay that way. the only solution i see is forcing 2 tanks in every single fight. that would make 10 mans switch between 5 and 6 dds only.

If you can't beat Ultraxion enrage timer with 5 DPS, you're doing something wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicSN View Post
    I guess when the tank gets the debuff, press the button when the debuff is on "0 seconds" (very tightly) and immediately taunt the boss when
    coming back?
    Yea pretty much if you do it with 1 second left it and spams taunt when you get back it should be fine, he can however accidntly kill someone if you are unlucky

putting heroic Geared ppl and 378s in the same bag doesn't help the discussion... IMO just having 1 or 2 legendary staffs helps a lot beating enrages...

we are had issues with dps with 3 healers and yes you can't do it if you 378 and are going with only 5 dps...

if your dps are good you could 2 tank 3 heal just fine we have been doing this so far for dragon soul and we are doing great although we did 2 heal everything in heroic firelands we are just geared enough to do it this way now we are thinking of goin back 2 healing for heroic ds but that will happen if it happens i guess[COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2011-12-05 at 06:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hinaaja View Post
    If you can't beat Ultraxion enrage timer with 5 DPS, you're doing something wrong.
    agreed we run combat rogue <- me ,survival hunter, ele sham,fire mage,and arcane mage and on utraxion we are doing 30k and up we down the boss before
    healing becomes an issue because of the aoe
    Last edited by Bigcountry11782; 2011-12-05 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Punchface View Post
    Yea pretty much if you do it with 1 second left it and spams taunt when you get back it should be fine, he can however accidntly kill someone if you are unlucky
    I actually tried this when one tank died yesterday, and could get it going then. I was asking as I wondered if it could work RELIABLY (I wonder about the
    aggro behaviour after using "the button", if this would cause it not to work). Did anyone actually do it with 1-tanking?

This is NOT about Heroic Mode, BTW. It's just about our guilds raidgroup #2, I am wondering now what's the best tactics for them. If it works, it might be something to look at for the first few kills (had him yesterday with 2/3/5 on 16%).
    Somebody got a Dark Intent and a Focus Magic for Tarecgosa and me? ;-)

10-man normals have been easy for every tier. In 25-man normals Blizzard can expect every buff to be there so they tune it a bit higher. The end result is that 10s are pretty easy with a setup with most buffs.

The gap between normals and heroics is bigger for 10s since heroics are balanced around having at least every major buff and some small ones too.

Ultraxion 10 is easily doable with 3 healers, really you don't need to drop anything to get it down if you have competent DPS.

On the whole 10man tuning, I think it's been balanced out well this expansion. Over the course of the entire expansion 10s been fairly well tuned (apart from 2 or 3 fights)

No, they should find a way to enforce the use of the third healer.

Healer's should not get the blown of being taken out because we do our job fine while the DPS touch themselves.

We do our job fine, the DPS is low, we can't beat the tight enrage. Solution? take out one healer (which is doing a good job), keep the bad DPS and get another (probably bad too) DPS.

Blizzard should enforce the 2 tank - 3 healer - 5 dps setup somehow, but i don't know how.

Deleted
    When FL launched everyone was whining it was too hard on normal, so they can't compete on hc with the top guilds for world/realm first kills. So Blizz decided to take matter in their hands and made a pretty easy normal version of Dragon Soul. I expect a real hard hc mode where you get to compete with the number one guilds and where it really matters if you can play or not.

All bosses are doable with 1 tank and 2 healers, IF you have the DPS to zerg them which after the FL nerfs isn't that hard to get. The bosses are a matter of execution and possitioning.

We wiped several times on Ultraxion because we were stacked in 2 grps instead of one and our healers were struggling. Once we grouped together he went down with 1 min to enrage with 2 tnaks 3 healers and a crappy setup (2 hunters, fury war, legendary fire mage, shadow priest, palas tank and healer, 3 druids - 1 tank 2 healers).

DS is tunned for LFR. DS 10 man is tunned for fast kill once you get the fight which takes 4-5 wipes. Heroic modes....well, let's wait and see.

Done with 2 tank, 3 healer, 5 dps, lacking windfury and carying a worthless dps (eh, gotta fill the raid somehow) and a 360 healer. It's not even close to overtuned.

For normal modes there aren't really any 3 healer fights that I know of. We've 2healed all of them.

I was also suprised about the amount of 1 tank fights.

Morchok - 2 tank, can be 1 tanked.
    Zon'ozz - 1 tank
    Yor'sahj - 2 tank
    Hagaara - 1 tank
    Ultraxion - 2 tanks, can be 1 tanked.
    Warmaster Blackhorn - 2 tanks, don't know how many p2 stacks it takes to get oneshotted in p2.
    Spine of Deathwing - 1 tank
    Madness of Deathwing - 1 or 2 tanks depending on what tactic you use.

There are plenty of fights that you can have 7 DPSers on.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    When you play a video game, you don't put any "effort" into it at all. You're pushing keys on a keyboard, you're not running a marathon or playing a sport.

I think they tried to implement the 20% nerf they did with firelands after 2 months to the beginning of this patch so that it's easier for more casual guilds from the beginning and does not need a nerf anymore.