Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Madness of Deathwing - Heroism / Bloodlust on Final Platform or Phase 2?

Question is in topic title.

Pop it when the Elementium Meteor smashes into the ground or save it for Phase 2 when Deathwing is on 15% / 10% life?

Save it, the last burnphase is much easier if you can finish him off before a second pair of adds spawn.

Deleted
    Prefer it for phase 2. If you don't have enough DPS to make 4th platform then you won't have enough DPS to make phase 2, so you're only delaying your wipe by lusting.

Also 1 tank and if possible 2 heal it. Helps a lot.

On 10m absolutely phase 2.

Deleted
    10 man here. We used 1 tank and 2 healers. We were only struggling with the last platform dps wise. We used lust so that we could easily kill the tentacle (the one that's tanked and makes impale) before the meteor hit, so that we didn't have problems with the meteor hitting the ground + the tentacle attacking someone with his aoe and killing them.

With lust we easily did it, moved on to phase 2 in no time. Once there, we had a feral kitten tank one of the adds (in bear + popping CDs) while I (MT) tanked the other one. Killed them, then everyone focused on DW. 2nd shrapnel dudes appear, we kill them. Second set of tankable adds appear, I pick both up, tank them, use cds, reset stacks with divine shield at 8 stacks (not necessary though) then rotated cds for a few seconds until the boss died. Piss easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    this fight lasts longer than 10 minutes,

use it twice.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    this fight lasts longer than 10 minutes,

use it twice.
    We were joking about that after our kill, next week blow lust on the first platform for the lolz.

Our First kill was 9 minutes and change, look up Juice on Kel'thuzad. The log is odd though as its showing up in red.
    This was 10 man, we also 1 tanked and 2 healed it.

And just for reference we 2 healed every fight but Spine, and 2 tanked Ultraxion + Warmaster Black.

Deleted
    How are some of you taking just 1 tank? Nuking the Tentacle down before the second impale?

I'm running with 2 Tanks, 3 Healers and 5 DPS, going in order of Ysera, Alextraza, Noz, Kalegos.

We had lots and lots of bugs with players falling down and dying so we called it a night early on, but reading some of these comments is causing me to rethink my tactics.

Will I be able to do it with my current setup?

We breezed all the other encounters btw, pretty much 1 shot everything up to Spine of DW using the same setup.

we use it on the 4th platform to kill the tentacle before the add spawns, ph2 is easy we do 2 sets of adds.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Deleted
    2 healers 2 tanks, we used hero on the first platform just to save healers a bit of mana, came off cd as we were jumping to DW's chin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrim View Post
    How are some of you taking just 1 tank? Nuking the Tentacle down before the second impale?

I'm running with 2 Tanks, 3 Healers and 5 DPS, going in order of Ysera, Alextraza, Noz, Kalegos.

We had lots and lots of bugs with players falling down and dying so we called it a night early on, but reading some of these comments is causing me to rethink my tactics.

Will I be able to do it with my current setup?

We breezed all the other encounters btw, pretty much 1 shot everything up to Spine of DW using the same setup.
    We saved Ysera for third, granting us Dream for the Bolts, and for the tank for all the Impales, except for 7 and 8 (last platform), which we used Guardian Spirit on the second of the two impales.
    Trying 2 tanks next week to see how that works out.

Also, we found out that it takes about 10 minutes (a couple seconds longer) to get to phase 2, so we just blew Hero right off the bat as we took down the first platform and completely skipped the second Impale on that platform.

1 Tank 2 Heals allows you to kill the tentacle before the second impale.
    Not sure why but the first platform always does 2 impales which is no problem to handle seeing as you have Dream cooldown.

The last platform you might have some problems though since you will be missing all buffs but one, ourselves we kept blue (Kalecgos) for last.
    Make sure your DPS use their significant cds to kill each tentacle, should be able to kill them seconds before the Meteor is attackable.

*To the OP we lusted at 2nd Phase after we killed first wave of adds. We never saw the second wave of adds.

10+ Year Old Account
    We saved it for last burn phase - this was on 25 man.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    We one-tanked 3 healed, our dps is superb so we got one impale on all the platforms but the final one anyway.

We used lust right when the stupid Tetanus adds spawned, allowing us to literally kill them in about 5-10 seconds and have our solo tank not die from them - we then had a ton of just dps uptime on Deathwing.

Save it. We beat 4th cataclysm timer by 10 seconds without lust or pots with only 5 DPS.

Deleted
    Well we killed it in our 7th try or something, going in pretty much blind on the fight. We had 3 healers (don't know why we didn't switch to 2 healers because it was pretty much a joke for us) and 1 tank. Popped bl on the last tentacle, had absolutely no problems on the elementium bolt, it landed and died in 2-3 seconds. And I don't know why people claim that phase 2 is harder than phase 1? The last 2 platforms in phase1 is harder than phase 2, phase 2 is a joke. Just kill the adds, nuke the boss. The adds spawns again, kill them again, what's the problem? O.o

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    We were 2 healing and using it twice, but on our kill night we ran 3 heals as we were missing a valuable dps and saved it for 4th platform as we were being cautious about cataclysm. Worked out well.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the gear we're in now, the fight takes so long that we lust at the beginning of the fight, and we're able to pop it again at the end. We usually do it in phase 2....we get deathwing down to about 11%, kill the next set of Elementium Fragments, one Elementium Terror, then we lust, and burn Deathwing.

On 10man BL is definitely needed in the last phase. We tried using bloodlust in the beginning as well. because it would be ready again for the last phase. But using BL in the beginning gave us a whole new set of problems with tank/healer cooldowns not being ready on the last platform. So we just ended up using it in phase 2 instead.
    Synit 110 - Orc Elemental Shaman [Active]