Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, myself, since I'm mastery DK tank, I will replace items which doesn't have mastery on it and afterwards will replace old mastery items with new ones. Eventually I will maintain proper level of mastery on my gear

Deleted
    Bought the relic immediately, will change H Dreadfire to VP today, neck after that I suppose.

See what drops for applicable slots and fill the holes, ain't so many slots to deal with this time around.

I'm debating buying the trinket specifically to replace my spidersilk for blackthorn.
    The more of my behavior you accept, the less you will have to forgive.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    hey zed, if your sigs correct, would it not be worth reforging some of that parry into dodge?

I went for the relic first and will basically replace whatever is the biggest immediate upgrade rather than rely on RNG.

Interesting that nobody has mentioned the neck. It's got about 90 less mastery on it than the heroic Firebound Gorget (which not a ton of people even have due to the rarity of Firestones), but it's got 191 more dodge in exchange for expertise, which I'm sure people would agree gives a DK tank absolutely 0 extra survivability now that Death Strike's heal can't miss. The Guardspike Choker (valor neck) also has 22 more stamina, and 76 more strength (which comes out to an additional 21 points of parry @ 27%). So to sum up, you lose 93 mastery in exchange for 191 dodge, 22 stamina, and 21 parry IF you were upgrading from the heroic Gorget. And don't forget that no necks (other than a spirit/int one from Morchok) drop in Dragon Soul at all, which unless someone provides a competent counter-argument would make the Guardspike Choker from valor points BiS.

To add on:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiveron View Post
    I wouldn't. Reforged and gemmed w/ a chimera's eye the 397 cloak has 171 mastery w/ 167 Parry and 406 stamina

the rhyolith cloak w/ 2 fractured amber's (you wouldn't put chimera's in this cloak) has 183 mastery w/ no parry and 384 stamina

167 Parry and 22 Stamina farrrrrrr outweigh 12 mastery
    I'm sorry, but you cannot argue that one piece is better than another by including chimera's eye stats in one piece, and saying you wouldn't put them in the other piece. Also, reforging the dodge out of this cloak and leaving the expertise would be silly, because as I said earlier, expertise is useless for DK tanks now. And even more also, unless you're putting 35 mastery gems in your cloak some how, the Rhyolith cloak comes out to 193 mastery. AND EVEN MOREEEEE E also, you favored the greatcloak by including reforged stats, but seem to have forgotten that you can reforge the Rhyolith cloak as well! So, from an unbaised perspective, including the proper reforge, Fractured Amberjewels (40 mastery), and ignoring hit/expertise, you have....

On the Indefatigable Greatcloak:
    186 strength (50 parry), and 271 more parry (including socket bonus), or 321 avoidance, 406 stam, and 90 mastery.

On the Heroic Dreadfire Drape, you have:
    No strength, 63 avoidance, 193 mastery, and 384 stamina.

This would give the Greatcloak 22 more stamina, 258 more avoidance, but 103 less mastery.

So yes I would agree now that I've wasted 20 minutes of my time that the Greatcloak is better (unless you can argue that 1 point of mastery is worth 2.5 points of avoidance, which it's not), but I'm still proud of myself for getting that prebiased (I know it's not a word, deal with it) comparison out of the way.

TLDR: The neck and cloak from valor are BiS.
    Last edited by Brownprobe; 2011-12-07 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    hey zed, if your sigs correct, would it not be worth reforging some of that parry into dodge?

I went for the relic first and will basically replace whatever is the biggest immediate upgrade rather than rely on RNG.
    All parry is reforged 'cept my bracers which only have 110 parry, so I reforged the dodge into mastery instead. Just got some upgrades late last night so fixing a few things. I just noticed my sig and the stats haven't updated, but regardless, that's simply how much you have when you have swordshattering.

While dodge might be RNG, when faced with taking 290K+ worth of damage in a GCD, RNG is the only thing that might save you. At least till I can get a feel for blackthorns devastates.

@brownprobe
    When it comes to comparing cloaks. I agree that the valor one is much better. However, I also agree with Shiveron calculating it using a JC gem since we get a socket bonus from the cloak. Since there is no socket bonus worth getting from Dreadfire drape, you wouldn't put a JC gem in it and you especially wouldn't waste 2 chims on it. You also get almost twice as much mastery reforging parry to mastery rather than reforging expertise.

It comes down to what's a better stat line: 271 parry, 76 expertise, 91 mastery or 167 parry 144 mastery 127 exp, so trading 53 mastery for 104 parry. Since we are going to have to much parry, the DR on the parry makes it feel less worthwhile. Which is why I'd reforge the parry off of indefatigable cloak into mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperionx View Post
    @brownprobe
    When it comes to comparing cloaks. I agree that the valor one is much better. However, I also agree with Shiveron calculating it using a JC gem since we get a socket bonus from the cloak. Since there is no socket bonus worth getting from Dreadfire drape, you wouldn't put a JC gem in it and you especially wouldn't waste 2 chims on it. You also get almost twice as much mastery reforging parry to mastery rather than reforging expertise.

It comes down to what's a better stat line: 271 parry, 76 expertise, 91 mastery or 167 parry 144 mastery 127 exp, so trading 53 mastery for 104 parry. Since we are going to have to much parry, the DR on the parry makes it feel less worthwhile. Which is why I'd reforge the parry off of indefatigable cloak into mastery.
    There is no point in considering a JC gem because you will always have exactly three of them total for your gear. Also there is no stat gain from using a JC gem in a yellow socket over a red/blue one because you would still get the socket bonus from using a +40 mastery gem.

Yes, since your limited to 3, I always figured common practice is to use them in pieces you won't be replacing any time soon or things that get you a socket bonus. There is no hard and fast rule about it though. You could use 2 JC gems in the dreadfire Drape if you wanted to. But when you consider that the indefatigable greatcloak is the last back piece you will ever have till 5.0, why bother. Unless they release another ruby sanctum like raid to keep us occupied in the lull between cata and mop.