Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Should i delete beta client for retail?

Right so this is the first MMO Beta i have been in, for other games i just kept the beta client HoN and BF:BC2 for examples, do i keep my fully downloaded beta, then just use that on game release and it updates OR do i have to re download the game, any help atall is a bonus, thanks guys

Based on developer posts, the retail client is going to be a updated client from the November 25 beta.

So, you don't need to uninstall if you don't want to.
    SW:TOR: Kina Legacy on Drooga's Pleasure Barge, formerly Senjak Legacy on Master Zhar Lestin.

Keep the beta client. BW already said they'll be patching it into the full retail client prior to early access launch.

According to the email they sent out, you need to uninstall the beta client.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rzy View Post
    Right so this is the first MMO Beta i have been in, for other games i just kept the beta client HoN and BF:BC2 for examples, do i keep my fully downloaded beta, then just use that on game release and it updates OR do i have to re download the game, any help atall is a bonus, thanks guys
    I assume you were in beta during mayham of stresstest ?

If so then you can use your client.

If you go longer back I suggest you re download it.

They will allow downloads prior to Early acces anyways - so you can wait till there and get a clean install aswell.

So i pre-ordered, do i keep it or just download it at midnight on the 7th?

EDIT: Also can't log-in to the Beta client to download any patches, i was in the Beta test not the one just gone but the weekend before if that helps.
    Last edited by rzy; 2011-12-05 at 08:53 PM.

I will go for a clean install of swtor tbh . Purely psychological reasons :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, it depends on whether or not downloading large amounts of data matters to you. To me, I really don't care about having to redownload it so I'm going to uninstall and get a fresh copy (I did the same thing between the 2 beta weekends I was in). To others on these forums, some people have really slow internet or download caps, so they will probably keep their copies and just update to the retail client.

Quote Originally Posted by xeonix View Post
    I will go for a clean install of swtor tbh . Purely psychological reasons :P

I know where you're coming from but my download speed is absolutely terrible if i can avoid downloading i will

EDIT: Also what is this Origin thing that i had to get when i pre-ordered it for digital download? Will this effect just updating my Beta client?
    Last edited by rzy; 2011-12-05 at 08:57 PM.

New twitter post from rockjaw says there will be an updated post on the official forums about this. My guess, since the email went out, is that they will suggest a new fresh install for the launch client.

I think that anyone who played the beta before the 11/25th one got the email stating you need a fresh install.

I haven't gotten that email but I only played the 25th-28th beta.

Go into your email, look at your most recent one from bioware. Realize it is telling you specifically to uninstall the beta, then re-read this thread and realize it is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I think that anyone who played the beta before the 11/25th one got the email stating you need a fresh install.

I haven't gotten that email but I only played the 25th-28th beta.
    I also played the 25-28th beta only, But i have pre-ordered for digital download and have some Origin client thing, will this effect me?

---------- Post added 2011-12-05 at 09:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dacu View Post
    Go into your email, look at your most recent one from bioware. Realize it is telling you specifically to uninstall the beta, then re-read this thread and realize it is pointless.
    I don't have that email, first thing i checked. I'm not a moron.

ERGO not a pointless thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    I received an email about 30 minutes ago saying to uninstall the beta client to prepare for launch. "Uninstall" was underlined and posted at the top for extra emphasis.

I also played the 25-28th beta only, But i have pre-ordered for digital download and have some Origin client thing, will this effect me?
    I don't know yet, I'm in the same situation as you. On the swtor twitter they did say a forum post will go up on official forums sometime today clarifying the issue.

Only long term testers should unistall beta but its not needed , unistalling mainly to fix some errors i think

Weekend testers do NOT need to unistall it, just patch it for Early game access.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacu View Post
    Went to my email, nothing from bioware, realize your post is pointless

I got the uninstall email, but I'm going to hold onto the beta client and see what happens.

I played in both and i still got the email so, not sure by saying "i was only in the 25th test" would make a difference.

I have just un-installed it anyway, so i get a fresh less bugged game, thanks for all the replies though guys