Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Anyone else watching all the films again?

When I say "all", I mean episodes IV, V & VI of course

Just watched IV again and even though I've seen it countless times (going as far back as the cinema release in '77) it's still fantastic.

Deleted
    i watch em all the time, lost count how many times i have seen them

Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post

Just watched IV again and even though I've seen it countless times (going as far back as the cinema release in '77) it's still fantastic.
    I like Empire the best, but Revenge of the Ewoks wasn't bad for the majority of its run either. Though watching the original movies I am always relieved at how few Jedi there were. Well that and light sabers are lethal doesn't hurt.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

I am! I got the Blu-Ray box on my birthday so naturally I got to watch em all (Yes, even the abominations known as prequels). Since I tried the beta all other games feel like meh, so the movies and books is the only thing that can keep me sane until launch.

My favorite is episode V. Just imagine how episode VI could have been if Irvin Kershner had made that aswell (no Ewoks, ill promise you that).
    -- And as things fell apart Nobody paid much attention --

10+ Year Old Account
    So it's not just me then :P

i watched all of them on Spike last week, it was Star Wars weekend marathon...

I watched I and II a week ago, right now I am working my way through the Clone Wars TV series before I go III-VI.

Aye, me and my GF went through them all (all 6) this weekend! :P

Bring me the game (and vacation) now goddamn'it!

10+ Year Old Account
    I always manage to make a full circle at least once a month. But I watch em all I-VI, seems silly to not enjoy them all in their own ways. Hell I even watch The Clones Wars. Im a fan of the Star Wars universe, not just a few movies =)

---------- Post added 2011-12-05 at 03:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    I watched I and II a week ago, right now I am working my way through the Clone Wars TV series before I go III-VI.
    You watch the current season or last? The last 8-9 episodes of last season are EPIC! Ive normally just looked at Clone Wars as a filler, but those episodes blew me away. Im excited for the new season to finish so I can snag em up.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And why not I, II, or III? Those are easily the best of the series.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

15+ Year Old Account
    I had originally planned a massive reading list prior to release, but because I was too lazy that didn't happen. I think I may also watch I and II followed by clone wars then the remainder. Surely I'm not do lazy that I can't watch 6 movies and 88 episodes before pre-launch.

Deleted
    I rewatched them all again recently. Had been a while reminded how much better the bioware writing is than episodes 1-3. damn they were corny.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post

Did you notice all the Light-side guys running around firing Red blaster bolts?

Quote Originally Posted by Pereid View Post
    I am! I got the Blu-Ray box on my birthday so naturally I got to watch em all (Yes, even the abominations known as prequels). Since I tried the beta all other games feel like meh, so the movies and books is the only thing that can keep me sane until launch.

My favorite is episode V. Just imagine how episode VI could have been if Irvin Kershner had made that aswell (no Ewoks, ill promise you that).
    Ewoks were pure merchandising/kid oriented so they would have been there regardless, read up on some early interviews with Lucas, Star Wars was aimed to begin a merchandising empire and nothing more. So when you find something really aimed at youngsters its most likely to sell something, the story was truly secondary to him if that high
    iMac

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    I always manage to make a full circle at least once a month. But I watch em all I-VI, seems silly to not enjoy them all in their own ways. Hell I even watch The Clones Wars. Im a fan of the Star Wars universe, not just a few movies =)
    Watched I & II at the cinema, that was enough for me. III is not too bad, at least it ties it all together ready for the main courses

My favourite of them all is Empire Strikes Back, but A New Hope will always be epic for me, my dad took me to see it in 1977
    Last edited by Daedelus; 2011-12-05 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    And why not I, II, or III? Those are easily the best of the series.
    Some of the scenes in them are truly good.
    iMac

I've seen them a ton of times, I would rather just randomly browse wookiepedia at this point because I know the movies so well.

Deleted
    Can you get blue ray copies where Han shoots first? I had thought about this the other day and then that completely put me off.

I, II and III are closer in feeling to the old republic stuff then IV,V and VI.

The first three are so much closer in setting and design. There are Jedis (many), The republic is in charge, everything looks newer and smoother, there is more action and things are more colorful and lively. The only thing that makes original trilogy closer is that characters are more understandable and likable.

The best preparation for SWTOR would be to play the KOTOR games though.

I think I might go through them all before early access. I've only seen each of them like twice before.