I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

Early access codes?

I am just wondering if someone can offer some insight as to how the early access codes break down?

I'm assuming that some kind of code came with the game when physical copies were bought.

I bought a digital copy through Origin many moons ago and when I recently contacted them about when the codes were coming out, or if they were coming out, I was given the response of "We are still working on it". I had thought, like the physical copy, there would have been some kind of code to be entered by now.

I'm guessing it will be automatically added to your origin account as soon as early access starts. If origin is anything like steam everything should work automatically

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    I am just wondering if someone can offer some insight as to how the early access codes break down?

I'm assuming that some kind of code came with the game when physical copies were bought.

I bought a digital copy through Origin many moons ago and when I recently contacted them about when the codes were coming out, or if they were coming out, I was given the response of "We are still working on it". I had thought, like the physical copy, there would have been some kind of code to be entered by now.
    I preordered via Origin the day they came out, I received a preorder code in my email minutes later that I entered into the SWTOR site under my account. It was digital though, was your physical?

10+ Year Old Account
    well no, I'm pretty sure if you buy a digital copy it goes right to your account since you buy it through your account and rather than have a code verify it was you in the situation of a hacking most likely would Blizz check the credit card details

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    I'm guessing it will be automatically added to your origin account as soon as early access starts. If origin is anything like steam everything should work automatically

There is also a link between your SWTOR account and Origin now, if you went digital you probably dont have to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    There is also a link between your SWTOR account and Origin now, if you went digital you probably dont have to do anything.
    There's a link as far as login goes, but you still have to manually apply whatever game codes you have from Origin purchases to your SWTOR account. I've recently purchased the digital preorder through the Origin store, without the client installed, for reference and I'm waiting on my EGA notification.

If you have the Origin client installed it might automate the process of adding your purchase code to your SWTOR account, but I have no personal experience there.

I'm not expecting an EGA code, but for them to enable account access to the game based on when you registered your preorder code (similar to how weekend beta access was granted). You may need a code for the game when it goes live, but it seems like the digital purchases won't as there was no indication of a future code being sent on release day when I bought my copy.
    Last edited by pleaserelax; 2011-12-05 at 11:00 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm. Went to the SWTOR website and it must have been done automatically. I never received an email but when I went to 'redeem my code' it states that I redeemed it about one week after initially pre-ordering the game. Oh well, if it is there its there...just that the website still states that you'd receive an email (as a poster stated).

Check your account at http://www.swtor.com/ , My account->Code Redemption.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Check your account at http://www.swtor.com/ , My account->Code Redemption.
    All this shows is if there is a game license activated against your account. It doesn't give any indication of how/when each player gets early access.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    After adding my pre-order code SWTOR appears in the origin tab for me. Says "unreleased" atm tho bring on release !

Quote Originally Posted by bobty View Post
    All this shows is if there is a game license activated against your account. It doesn't give any indication of how/when each player gets early access.
    I don't think that the specific details have been released yet. Although, we can assume that by pre-ordering on the first day they were available we will get 5 days.

Quote Originally Posted by bobty View Post
    It tells if and when you have redeemed your pre-access key, which is what the OP wants to know.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

I got my code in email form something like 10 minutes after I bought the Origin download. Not sure where yours is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    It tells if and when you have redeemed your pre-access key, which is what the OP wants to know.
    I guess I misunderstood the question due to the way it was phrased, so yes what you said is correct. I suppose the concern now is not getting in early due to some administration error which I am personally a bit concerned about

Quote Originally Posted by palladish View Post
    well no, I'm pretty sure if you buy a digital copy it goes right to your account since you buy it through your account and rather than have a code verify it was you in the situation of a hacking most likely would Blizz check the credit card details
    This is not correct. You still get an email from origin, you still must enter it manually into your SWTOR account. My friend got screwed, he did not realize this, and never entered his code. We got on him to double check it a couple months back, and sure enough, he had an email sitting there from July, that he never read. He entered his code, and now his account page says "code entered - October", even though myself and my other friends all have "Code Entered-July 21"

If you want to check yours, go to SWTOR side, click MY ACCOUNT (Upper Right), click PREORDER (right side column). Exact wording reads:

EDIT: added bold and color below

You registered your Pre-Order code on 07.22.2011 and now are registered for the following items:

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Deluxe Edition Pre-Order
    Early game access
    Color Stone (Virtual Item)
    Last edited by Hurko; 2011-12-05 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Adding BOLD and COLOR

Deleted
    What Hurko said is correct. With my Origin copy I personally got my key from the information section where the game is listed in the origin client and pasted that into my account on SWTOR.com

I don't recall getting any emails from them at all and this might help people that have lost or not received one to activate their copy.

When I ordered via EA/Origin I got my pre order code which I then entered into the SWTOR Website.

I also had an email from origing stating cost of order and a serial number, so when you install even via digital u will need that serial in the email I beleive