Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    I'll rather suck the battery out of the tablet over 7 hours (in case of iPad) using 3G than 2 hours from the phone when running it as a WiFi hotspot and be unable to make calls then.
    Get a new phone :P Can defo make calls and surf through the hotspot at the same time. Nor is the battery drained after 2 hours, but sure this is different depending on usage and phone.

Deleted
    I would wait for the Transformer Prime to come out and then go into a shop and try them out for 10 mins each.

I personally would go for the Transformer Prime when it comes out (or if you MUST BUY NOW), I would go for the OG Transformer purely because of this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1239625

XD

---------- Post added 2011-12-06 at 01:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    For people who're commuting by train or buss for hour or two every day 3G in the tablet is mandatory. Asus being 'different' on this is a big no-no and cutting corners to drive price down, not an advantage.
    So the hour or two is covered by the apparent 2 hour battery life of your phone when it is a WiFi hotspot ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Get a new phone :P Can defo make calls and surf through the hotspot at the same time. Nor is the battery drained after 2 hours, but sure this is different depending on usage and phone.
    Yes, you can make calls and use phone as a hotspot at the same time, but keeping both the 3G and WiFi radio on at the same time will drain the phone battery empty in 1.5-2.5 hours on any current 'smartphone'. Those have really tiny batteries compared to any tablets or laptops... Or even few year older phones that could stay on for a week or two.

And I'm not gonna get to the subject of if you're able to use phone for tethering at all, since half of the carriers seem to disallow it.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Thank you, everyone, for the feedback. It's helped out a great deal.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail