Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by scamander View Post
    To get people out of cities in MOP is simple, and it would be fun

Blizz places 1-2 shrines, far apart on pandaria.

Gong in each with a 15+ second cast time interupted by any damage.
    getting cast complete on that shrine takes it for your faction.

Gongs give 5% increase in damage in all raids each along with extra rep for your faction from whatever quests.

Killing players in gong shrines gives a currencey similar to Halla tokens which can be traded for mounts / potions and other stuff. PvP encahnts and such

Bang there you go, a good excuse for pvp players and pve players alike to go and get these buffs for their faction.
    The 10% increase dmg seems excessive but thats what makes it such a good incentive! Make it happen D:
    Sounds cool, but 5% dmg in raids would really skew progression, especially on heavily imbalanced servers where one side would always control the buff.

This reminds me of MC, BWL and AQ40 days.
    Especially in the hallway of BWL, and oh my god the stairs up to AQ40.
    Guilds seriously camped it at raiding hours just for lulz, ohh the memories!

Quote Originally Posted by Mastid View Post
    This reminds me of MC, BWL and AQ40 days.
    Especially in the hallway of BWL, and oh my god the stairs up to AQ40.
    Guilds seriously camped it at raiding hours just for lulz, ohh the memories!
    Hey, I'd resub if they did it again, and made the world an actual dangerous place again.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So once again, people know what would have been good for this game. Oh how sometimes I wish I could visit paralle universes where your ideas were made true to find WoW has less than 300 000 players. How come you guys are not all game designers, since you seem to know so much about it?

If the system you advocated was so awesome in Classic, why don't we still have that then? You had meeting stones to travel to, you had four Battlegrounds that were server only. You had it all. Oh..I know..it got old and people tired of it.

If you want World pvp, nothing still stops you from rallying 200 people in your city and walk with 5 raids onto the opposing city.
    Did I say it would be good for the game? Well perhaps in my opinion, and for likeminded players like me. But obviously the majority of the players -at least the current crop of players- wouldn't like it at all, and would complain up a storm about being interrupted on their raid nights despite having rolled on a pvp server. Blizzard has made the right business decisions. And if one would argue they've made wrong ones, they have already slipped down the slippery slope of instant-gratification, so even if the bulk of the playerbase didn't WANT it, the current playerbase they have NEEDS it, or they will not enjoy the game anymore.

No nothing is stopping us from posting on the forums and trying to schedule a fight, but there's something not quite personal or genuine about that. Scheduled fights, hold as much emotion and care in them for me as duels do. There's something about real, open world, unexpected fighting that gave this game a life of it's own, and a feeling of identity on your server.

When my old guild used to rush into Stormwind and gank all the opposing faction pvpers who were queuing for bgs right in the center of their capital city, it stoked their pride and created animosity. If we had the opportunity to catch each other in situations other than that, it would happen, and would happen frequently.

---------- Post added 2011-12-07 at 03:19 PM ----------

On a side note det, I can't help but find it amusing how many people like you are on this site. The champion of Blizzard, who swoops in to put down anyone who expresses an opinion that something whether it be large or small should be different about the game than whatever its current incarnation is.

What's even more hilarious is how often you will come in arguing in defense of the game, explaining why things HAVE to be a certain way, when Blizzard themselves can, will, and have reversed themselves on long-standing aspects of the game, as well as new changes. And through each one of those changes, your opinion will change with it, so that you are constantly in-line with the opinions of a game-developer you seem to have a love affair with.

Yes it's fun to use catchy jabs like, implying that anyone who complains about something, is by proxy saying that they know so much better about how to run a game, than the industries leading MMO developer. What's ironic, is how often the vocal playerbase has been right over Blizzard, and they've changed stances to accommodate those bungled moves. But really, deep down beneath your waste of an opinion, you realize that you really don't have one, and aren't contributing in the slightest to any discussion.
    Last edited by Danur; 2011-12-07 at 03:20 PM.