Page 21 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Falling View Post
    Why are you all using such insane comparisons?

Isn't this more like:
    You go to a car store and take a car for a test drive, BUT you decide to keep the car for one extra day.

Now, do you really think this guy should get locked up in jail forever? Or is jail for a day enough?
    Close, exept Blizzard isn't locking anyone in jail, or to keep the analogy intact they are not banning people for life. Whether or not someone gets jail for 1 day or 8 days is entirely up to the judge, and you'd have a hard time saying "ZMG JUDGE, 8 DAYS IS INSANE, MAKE IT 1 PLZ, THAT'S FAIR". You know what you do? You thank the judge for his service, take your 8 days, and learn your lesson.

These kids can do the same thing. Perma-ban? Yea, I'd call that excessive. 8 days? I call that a vacation.
    I'm not always right, you're just usually wrong.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    aint a lot of paragon folks gone now to some asian realm??
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthNemis View Post
    I judge people based on their actions towards others. Not only myself. Im not so selfish as to think in such a way. Such a belief system would allow me to be best friends with a rapist so long as he treated me nicely.

and the 8 day ban from what i understand is going to ruin their chance at a world first. i dont play the game atm so im not sure. but i do know that a world first is just about the greatest achievment you can ever hope to accomplish in wow. and paragon just lost it. not to skill or any other reason, but because blizzard decided to fuck them over. I personally dont like them. Wanted to see them lose to blood legion, but in a legitament way. Now i find myself giving them my sympathy.
    They only have themselves to blame. No sympathy for cheaters who game the system. Maybe they will will think twice nect time?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alewen View Post
    During the Looking for Raid dungeon, people who already did it once, would zone out and back in and found they could loot a boss that they got loot from, from a previous run on the same week of their lockout timer. Some exploited it so bad they got their 4 pieces in 1 week. These people were the top end guilds, the ones who are now banned.
    O thats what it was lol. Yeah i remember we did this back in MC days. Back when timers wernt on a locked schedule. We could do MC 7 times in 1 week by manipulating 7 different instances and setting them up accordingly. Geared out so fast. Good times. Really hard to do though. You had to get a bunch of cooperation from like a ton of other people outside ur 40man to pull it off with setting up the instances.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    PURPLE PIXELS IS MAKE PEEPLES CRAYZEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!

btw LOL to all you fekkers hoo gots banned hahahahaahahahha

Deleted
    Hats of to vodka and blood legion for doing it properly.
    Look on the blood legion site and u see there scheme of how to gear up 25 mains.

Well done, if they get world first DW its well deserved.

For the exploiters, using an obvious bug/exploit and than getting punished for it and QQ about it what has the world coming too !!
    Dont Cheat and u will be fine, i has no respect for cheaters in any game or in real life. Dont care if its paragon or method i lost respect for them.
    Not that i really care about top guilds progression as i play my own game.

and the 8 day ban from what i understand is going to ruin their chance at a world first. i dont play the game atm so im not sure. but i do know that a world first is just about the greatest achievment you can ever hope to accomplish in wow. and paragon just lost it.
    They didn't lose anything yet.

With both heroic LK and heroic Ragnaros Paragon beat the competition by a significant margin. If Deathwing is about as hard as these two bosses, 8 days ban won't stop Paragon from catching up.

Conspiracy theory #1
    a> Blizzcon, blizzard invites 2 american guilds since they are tired of europeans winning.
    b> they discuss possible ways of ensuring that this time the world first goes to america.
    c> they discuss the LFR loot bug and plan on keeping it when it goes live knowing full well those european guilds will be using it.
    d> indeed the euro guilds fall prey to this trap and boom get banned leaving who? u guessed it, Blood legion and Vodka for the race and a healthy headstart to get world first Deathwing heroic.

now if only i can convert the above theory into one of those trololol comic thingies.

but its just a joke, dont take it srsly- only lightning the mood here.

imo, in a video game no one should be punished this way by bans and such, unless they hacked a system, brought harm to other players or were racist or rude or demeaning or hurtful etc. dont flame me for an opinion tho- i respect yours and blizzard's also.

Exploiters deserve this and Im happy Blizz decide to ban people. Cheaters should be punished, no matter if they are casuals or hardcore raiders in top guilds.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaidog View Post
    Conspiracy theory #1
    a> Blizzcon, blizzard invites 2 american guilds since they are tired of europeans winning.
    b> they discuss possible ways of ensuring that this time the world first goes to america.
    c> they discuss the LFR loot bug and plan on keeping it when it goes live knowing full well those european guilds will be using it.
    d> indeed the euro guilds fall prey to this trap and boom get banned leaving who? u guessed it, Blood legion and Vodka for the race and a healthy headstart to get world first Deathwing heroic.

now if only i can convert the above theory into one of those trololol comic thingies.
    now ya talking
    Last edited by invader; 2011-12-06 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbycakes View Post
    Same here. 72 hour suspension. Best part is, I didn't take any loot or anything all I did was tag along. They had better ban all the other top guilds main raiders too, because this is fucking bullshit otherwise. Inc week of incredibly skewed rankings.
    Well, you still helped in an exploit even if not taking loot YOURSELVES, as you admit. SO ban deserved. I also hope all explotingly acquired equipment was removed.
    Somebody got a Dark Intent and a Focus Magic for Tarecgosa and me? ;-)

O thats what it was lol. Yeah i remember we did this back in MC days. Back when timers wernt on a locked schedule. We could do MC 7 times in 1 week by manipulating 7 different instances and setting them up accordingly. Geared out so fast. Good times. Really hard to do though. You had to get a bunch of cooperation from like a ton of other people outside ur 40man to pull it off with setting up the instances.
    Except, back then, the community considered that an exploit. I don't remember if action was taken against the guilds that did that, but I do know we got the lock system we got today because of it. I also recall there was an exploit in one of the classic raids where people were able to pull a boss and not get the trash aggro or something by hugging a wall or being on a ledge. I recall that because I believe the people who did that, all got far more severe bans than 8 days.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    sorry, but that is hilarious! right before hc unlocks. i hope paragon also got 8days, bye bye world first.
    DW world first will still be up for grabs. This 1 week ban wouldn't matter in that regard.
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Just because something is done by alot of people deasnt mean it is allowed. Blizzard gain alot of my respect for handing out these bans even tho it has no effect on me whatsoever since im not even raiding competitively.

Also many states this should have been fixed on the PTR and it is blizzards fault. If people was using this exploit on day1 then it was by all certainity discovered on the PTR but the ones discovering was not reporting it since they saw a way to get an advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by zox View Post
    DW world first will still be up for grabs. This 1 week ban wouldn't matter in that regard.
    Even paragon on their website, said it will effect them. I for one am glad these guilds are being effected negatively. But I still wish their punishment was far harsher than it is. I would of liked to of seen them taken completely out of the race for a month.

No one with a brain is gonna take the race to world ranks serious after this, congratz to blizz for ruining their final tier for what is most likely their last exp anyway
    N

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    honestly tho, youd think theyd learn their lesson specially since hmm was it ensydia who got stripped of lk kill for exploits wiv bombs n shit??

I'm not sure how I feel.

Like with the Lich King kill, it's a tough dilemma. I think it's kind of crappy that Blizzard built a broken system, then punished people for taking advantage of Blizzard's failure. I also can't say I exactly feel sorry for people, either. I KIND of did with the Lich King thing, since it was the first time I had personally heard of such an action and punishment. With this, though, it was obvious going in that Blizzard doesn't take too kindly to blatant cheaters, so when you get caught, it's tough to say, "I feel for you...it sucks you got punished for cheating."

Both sides of the argument have somewhat valid points. I cannot say that I am fully on either side, but probably lean to the side supporting the bans, just because it was cheating. Ultimately, I think one major change sohuld be who Blizzard gets into these betas. If they had their own friends and family looking around for this kind of stuff, or at least a more concentrated, dedicated group informing about this stuff, it would not make it live as frequently. Instead, they allow basically an open beta of it all, and people look for exploits to use them at release, rather than to help Blizzard fix problems.

That's sort of everything in gaming, though. I miss when stuff was smaller in gaming communities and things like betas and limited editions and pre-orders actually meant something. Now, everyone's in a beta, GameStop (and others) do things like offer exclusives for pre-orders or bump you up to a limited edition for free with a pre-order, and those pre-orders no longer have any real meaning because there's never such thing as short supply anymore.

Sorry for the rant at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilfrier View Post
    I'm not sure how I feel.

Like with the Lich King kill, it's a tough dilemma. I think it's kind of crappy that Blizzard built a broken system, then punished people for taking advantage of Blizzard's failure. I also can't say I exactly feel sorry for people, either. I KIND of did with the Lich King thing, since it was the first time I had personally heard of such an action and punishment. With this, though, it was obvious going in that Blizzard doesn't take too kindly to blatant cheaters, so when you get caught, it's tough to say, "I feel for you...it sucks you got punished for cheating."

Both sides of the argument have somewhat valid points. I cannot say that I am fully on either side, but probably lean to the side supporting the bans, just because it was cheating. Ultimately, I think one major change sohuld be who Blizzard gets into these betas. If they had their own friends and family looking around for this kind of stuff, or at least a more concentrated, dedicated group informing about this stuff, it would not make it live as frequently. Instead, they allow basically an open beta of it all, and people look for exploits to use them at release, rather than to help Blizzard fix problems.

That's sort of everything in gaming, though. I miss when stuff was smaller in gaming communities and things like betas and limited editions and pre-orders actually meant something. Now, everyone's in a beta, GameStop (and others) do things like offer exclusives for pre-orders or bump you up to a limited edition for free with a pre-order, and those pre-orders no longer have any real meaning because there's never such thing as short supply anymore.

Sorry for the rant at the end.
    If guild A does it Guild B will do it to keep up with guild A

If guild B does it Guild C and D will be forced to aswell.

and thus everyone will get banned for doing something that was obvious as soon as they anounced LFR lootrules.
    N

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    as for lk,, they were warned and still kept doing it ;p tought titties to em lal,, i kinda enjoying this tbh

ban PTR for raids then,, only ptr for questing n shit, PTR sucks balls anyways

thing is tho LFR is meant to be for casuals who cant raid n shit??? why not stick it on a lockout like the rest... you ds norm you cant do lfr or hc, simples !!! loot hore mofos ;p
    Last edited by invader; 2011-12-06 at 09:48 AM.