Worth buying a Wii now? Or wait for Wii U...also...

I am bored. I use to love playing NES/SNES/N64 back in the early/late 90's. But thats the last time I was ever with Nintendo.

I've been looking at Zelda playthroughs on the Wii and they look kind of fun. Is there any other major titles on Wii like there use to be on the N64 for example? I remember "RARE" pretty much MADE the n64 what it was. The RARE titles coupled with the Zelda titles was a perfect match.

Is there anything else that can keep me busy on a Wii besides Zelda now because RARE doesn't exist on nintendo?

And if there...worth buying a wii now or wait till the next one?

I'd wait for the next one. The Wii isn't very... conventional. It's different, especially if you're used to games on ps3/xbox/pc. The only reason I got this Wii was for Super Smash Bros, and the only reason I'm getting the next one is for the new Super Smash Bros.

I'd say this is pretty much the best time to get one. WiiU won't be out for a year, and as long as you're open to different types of games (and like Nintendo's style), there's a solid, if small, back log. Add in the Virtual Console and you're set.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say it depends entirely on whether you like motion controls and can put up with less than stellar graphics. If yes to both of these it would be a pretty safe purchase.

If you want to get the Wii for Zelda and remade N64 games maybe you should wait for the WiiU.
    I know they've remade Golden Eye.
    But most of the Rare games have gone to Xbox so the Nostalgia won't be there.
    I bought myself an N64 and enjoying the originals as they were planned.
    Or you could download an emulator on your pc, so you can play the old games on it.
    There's a few options there for you, and as someone said will you be okay with the Wii motion controllers?