Thread: A little help.

A little help.

Morning all,

My memory is pretty bad and i just need a little reassurance was wondering if you could answer my question. I ordered the DDE via Origin when it was announced got my pre-order code, registered it and all that. (The game shows up in Origin) my question is this…

Q: When the game is released will EA send me another code? Or will the game just ”Unlock” after the 1-5 days early access?

I apologise if this has been asked before.

Deleted
    I believe since you can see it in your Origin, it's already unlocked and you will be able to play it the day BioWare gives you your early access.

Not entirely sure though. I pre-ordered the DDE version yesterday and I also saw it in my Origin so I'll wait and see myself.

On your receipt in ya email, the confirmation of the pre order. Where it states cost etc underneath that in orange it should say serial number, I guess this is what you need when you install the game. Even though it shows in ya origin account

Just called EA and spoke to this nice american lad, he told me that if you order via Origin the game "Unlocks" its self at the release date. (You don't have to input any codes)

Just so your all aware.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    Just called EA and spoke to this nice american lad, he told me that if you order via Origin the game "Unlocks" its self at the release date. (You don't have to input any codes)

Just so your all aware.
    This is interesting, the official word always was that pre-order code and retail code are two different codes, the first giving your early access and the colour stone, the second allowing you to play after launch and giving you the edition specific additional items.

From my understanding, you still need to enter the retail code on swtor.com which you get in a new mail from origin. I trust the BioWare FAQ more than Origin/EA.

Quote Originally Posted by Exes View Post
    This is interesting, the official word always was that pre-order code and retail code are two different codes, the first giving your early access and the colour stone, the second allowing you to play after launch and giving you the edition specific additional items.

From my understanding, you still need to enter the retail code on swtor.com which you get in a new mail from origin. I trust the BioWare FAQ more than Origin/EA.
    If only it was simple... (like steam) god sake why do they have to make everything so dam complicated.

Deleted
    If only it was simple... (like steam) god sake why do they have to make everything so dam complicated.
    Easy explanation here, they wanted to bind the pre-order key to the final product, figured people cancelling pre-orders and then re-ordering would completely break the system, so they separated those codes. Now you get a pre-order key for pre-ordering which is still valid even if you cancel, means you can pre-order, enter the code, cancel and play a small demo before release.

For the version specific items and for BioWare/EA to be assured that you actually bought the game and not just pre-ordered then cancelled there is the retail key.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is interesting, the official word always was that pre-order code and retail code are two different codes,
    Only if you bought just the pre-order for 5$ in retail or 3rd party digital store.

If you pre-order thru origin you have two items in your order - the game and the pre-order code, you are given the pre-order code right away to register it for early access - it's an extraz code. Game code will be applied automatically at the release day (along with charging your credit card, for realz this time). It would be stupid of them to make you enter the game code MANUALLY. Code Redeeming on swtor.com is for EXTRAZ, like pre-order bonus or beta key.

Origin account = EA account = Bioware account

I cannot backup this with official quotes, however.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    Only if you bought just the pre-order for 5$ in retail or 3rd party digital store.

If you pre-order thru origin you have two items in your order - the game and the pre-order code, you are given the pre-order code right away to register it for early access - it's an extraz code. Game code will be applied automatically at the release day (along with charging your credit card, for realz this time). It would be stupid of them to make you enter the game code MANUALLY. Code Redeeming on swtor.com is for EXTRAZ, like pre-order bonus or beta key.

Origin account = EA account = Bioware account

I cannot backup this with official quotes, however.
    Yeah this would be the easy way to solve this, though it was always stated that you have to redeem the pre-order code. EA/Origin might have figured a way to separate the cancelled pre-orders and the valid ones to allow automatic transaction and validation though.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah this would be the easy way to solve this, though it was always stated that you have to redeem the pre-order code. EA/Origin might have figured a way to separate the cancelled pre-orders and the valid ones to allow automatic transaction and validation though.
    The issues is - you could and still can buy pre-order kits (just a pre-order code that doesn't entitle you to the game itself, which you have to buy separately on release day) from 3rd parties so you have to have 2 codes and you need people to enter them manually. BUt I think that won't be the case for those who bought it digitally from EA directly (thru Origin).

Either way thanks for all the replies you've all been very helpful.

Morning all,

My memory is pretty bad and i just need a little reassurance was wondering if you could answer my question. I ordered the DDE via Origin when it was announced got my pre-order code, registered it and all that. (The game shows up in Origin) my question is this…

Q: When the game is released will EA send me another code? Or will the game just ”Unlock” after the 1-5 days early access?

I apologise if this has been asked before.
    This has been asked before, but no one has an answer for you. Bioware doesn't respond when asked about this, Origin CS reps don't know how it will work yet, either.

As long as you put in your Pre-order code from the email, you are fine for now. We will all find out how the rest of it works, Soon (tm).

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurko View Post
    We will all find out how the rest of it works, Soon (tm).
    Nothing like waiting 'til the last minute.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".