Thread: Mana Problems

Mana Problems

Hello everyone. So our guild went into Dragon Soul this week and pretty much roflstomped 6/8. When we reached spine and madness, things started getting hairy. As for Spine, I tried putting beacon on one plasma target and healing another. Problem was that I was using holy light spamming and I was literally ooming just from that. As for Madness, my awesome holy lights heal for like 6k so I am forced to heal up ppl who get slammed with divine lights and word of glorys. When we stack up for the claw and aoe dmg goes out, I go oom on every single platform because hoyl radiance eats up my mana really quick. I am keeping up judgement, melee swinging whenever I can. I keep holy shock on cd. For aoe I do hor-hs-hor-lod rotation. Is this just a gear issue? I find it hard to believe that your efficient spell (holy light) can make you oom.

Here is my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Eminna/simple

Note: I reforged haste off to mastery because only thing haste was doing was making me oom faster.

If anyone can help or have questions I can try to answer them. I'd really like to figure these problems out so that we'll be ready for hardmodes. Also if logs are helpful, I'll try to upload them tonight but WOL isn't liking me right now.

I'm not one for healing, haven't since TBC, but I'm pretty sure mastery sucks for holy pallys, correct me if I'm wrong?

Do me a favor and don't correct my spelling/grammar. I browse this site with a cell phone. Try harder next time to be an ass.

You need to manage your cool downs more efficiently. Most bosses in Dragon Soul you just spam Holy Radiance and Light of Dawn every 3 Holy Power. Make sure you use Potions of Concentration. Also, I see you are using Heartsong and the Fiery Quintessence. Try using Power Torrent, and when it procs, use your trinket, then Divine Plea, since it's based of Max Mana. One last thing, for fights like Madness, stand in the melee range and hit. There is a good 10 second window b4 the tentacle comes up, and another pause before that aoe starts. That's a lot of time to regen mana. Oh, and make your dps druids innervate you (they wont lose dps as you jump from rock to rock)! Haha, Paladins are so powerful this teir its worth it.
    Last edited by NoRest4Wicked; 2011-12-06 at 03:06 PM.

your holy light should be hitting for at least 10-12k, and it's impossible to go oom with just holy light.

Quote Originally Posted by scdogg44 View Post
    I'm not one for healing, haven't since TBC, but I'm pretty sure mastery sucks for holy pallys, correct me if I'm wrong?
    It doesn't suck, and on fights like Ultraxion your Illuminated Healing really adds up; however, it's not as valuable as haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Redriot View Post
    It doesn't suck, and on fights like Ultraxion your Illuminated Healing really adds up; however, it's not as valuable as haste.
    Yeah I just thought the last thing Hpal needed was mastery.

Do me a favor and don't correct my spelling/grammar. I browse this site with a cell phone. Try harder next time to be an ass.

Quote Originally Posted by superficial View Post
    your holy light should be hitting for at least 10-12k, and it's impossible to go oom with just holy light.
    Probably a gear issue then. When I was reforged to haste, I had 1.8 sec holy light casts and I was losing mana really fast.

---------- Post added 2011-12-06 at 10:28 AM ----------

Problem with me and haste is ooming faster.

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    Problem with me and haste is ooming faster.
    That's where managing your CDs comes into play.

You need to manage your cool downs more efficiently. Most bosses in Dragon Soul you just spam Holy Radiance and Light of Dawn every 3 Holy Power. Make sure you use Potions of Concentration. Also, I see you are using Heartsong and the Fiery Quintessence. Try using Power Torrent, and when it procs, use your trinket, then Divine Plea, since it's based of Max Mana. One last thing, for fights like Madness, stand in the melee range and hit. There is a good 10 second window b4 the tentacle comes up, and another pause before that aoe starts. That's a lot of time to regen mana. Oh, and make your dps druids innervate you (they wont lose dps as you jump from rock to rock)! Haha, Paladins are so powerful this teir its worth it.
    Ok so this is what I do for madness. I pop sac on tanks for impale if they dont have a cd themself (really rare). When the mutated corruptions come out, I stand by the claw and pop in divine lights here and there with wog, while getting melee swings in every so often. When blistering comes out, I pop aura mastery and do my little holy radiance business. Next platform, I start meleeing, do my little business again with the slams. When the mutated dies, I pop my trinket and divine plea to regen back to 100% then aoe heal. I repeat that for all the platforms. When we get to 2nd phase, I pop concentration potion in beginning. After first wave of adds I pop trinket plus divine plea. Then...I go oom almost immediately because aoe dmg plus 2nd wave of adds is just too much. Not sure what else to do here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reforge back to haste. Enchant all your gear. Get more spirit. Replace your non 378 pieces with new heroic gear.

Manage cooldowns, melee attack more, use Concentration Pots, drop herbalism and get a real profession.

And USE YOUR ALCHEMY TRINKET, FIERY SUCKESSENCE SUCKS.
    "Like the ancient tibetan philosophy states; dont start none, wont be none."
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    Lord Monichromicorn?
    Where is my gooooooooooooold
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley
    Lord Monichromicorn

Wheres my candy
    da best ^