Dragon Soul Dungeon Model

Does anyone else find the model for Dragon Soul extremely boring and unimaginative? I mean, it's Wyrmrest Temple, a model that previously existed, and 2 practically identical bosses in pits to the east and right. The boss at the top (her name escapes me) is the malygos platform...I mean, it's the last patch of an expansion, for WoTLK they modeled ICC, which, I found was a job well done. It seems like they half-assed this raid, or perhaps they didn't have enough time to finish it?

Well the instance is about the Dragon Soul and the lore about it and you know what, the lore happened at Wyrmrest Temple, so it would be kinda retarded to make it happen another place, like Darkshore by the big tree down by the water next to the murlocs...

Oh boy this again. Um. What do you want them to do? They needed to wrap up the Wyrmwrest thing anyways so we had to return there. Its like asking Blizzard to remodel SW and Org every patch because you've "already been there" and it's "boring and unimaginative." I had no idea returning to a place was unimaginative. I guess I better stop returning to my dorm at the end of the day or returning to school since its so boring and unimaginative.

10+ Year Old Account
    The lore is awesome, much better then ICC, imo. About the visuals, it's debateable. They are reusing it, but it's taking place there, so it makes snese. It doesn't really matter to me, as the raid is quite good imo.

The only thing that bothers me is the fact that we are teleported to the Eye of Eternity - I was wishing for a long flight towards there and maybe have trash attack on the way. :<

TBH i hope they do this more often. Tightens up the lore.

We don't need a whole new place with a whole new story all the freaking time.

We have thousands of unfinished stories that are more Epic to finish than to start new ones and never finish.

All I'm saying is that personally I would have liked a new looking Raid. You can't deny that Dragon Soul comes off as unfinished and underworked. Or was 'semi-completed dungeon' specified in the lore?

Boss mechanics mean a whole lot more to me than the aesthetic location I'm fighting said boss in...

Would you have prefered if we just ventured into yet another cave or building with Deathwing and all his minions just standing there waiting for us, again?

Dragon Soul is unique because the bosses are actually attacking us for a change and our task is to defend the important place that he's attacking. It wouldn't make much sense for Deathwing to be attacking an unknown and unseen location.

Returning to existing places every now and then is a really good way to flesh out storylines and actually works very well and helps bring the world to life.

The only people who complain are the few people who already hate Wow and are just looking for any reason to jump on the hate bandwagon and call the makers "lazy" because they did something refreshing and made some good storytelling.

It actually feels fitting to assault Wyrmrest and chase down Deathwing and such. How cheesy would it feel if Deathwing was just like Illidan, Kel'thuzad, or the Lich King just chilling in their big base of power? Deathwing doesn't HAVE a big base of power, except Wyrmrest, which was taken over by the Twilight's Hammer. The Dragon Soul also needed to be energized at Wyrmrest, home of the dragons and place of its original creation. It just wouldn't work in the lore to suddenly invent an instance somewhere that was "hidden" all this time, when the big D has been out burninating for a year, which is long enough to make it clear that he doesn't intend on waiting somewhere for us.

Honestly, people are too hung up on "OMG TEHY REUSED DA MODELS!!!" If THAT'S what makes a raid boring for you, being somewhere that was a simple quest zone 2-3 years ago, then maybe you shouldn't be playing this game because it has 7 year old graphics.
    Alt-aholics Anonymous member since 2005.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...totemic/simple
    85 Restoration Shaman, Elemental off-spec.

The whole place is pretty good, and it feels awesome, instead of being 10 or 25 people that beats down the entire citadel or temple or whatever.