Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    What do you think this patch is?
    I like sandwiches

WoW has nothing to worry about. SW:TOR and WoW both seem like great games to me. This game seems a lot better off than most of the other MMO's that came out, and let's not forget that some of the attraction of SW:TOR is that it plays like WoW.

TOR does a few things better. Story immersion is definitely better, I really don't think that's debatable. It's my opinion, but I think it's pretty solid. The camera movement and controls were a bit hyped up for me, I much prefer WoW's. I recently got a friend to try them both. She's never played either game before and also preferred WoW in that regard.

I predict that TOR will do really well, probably better than any other MMO that's come out, except for WoW. We'll need some more people hitting endgame stuff to really get a feel for how well TOR will do, because that's really the best measurement of success: how do you keep people enjoying the game when there's no more level progression. That's the reason people are getting bored of WoW, in my opinion.

Let's compare it to thrill of sky-diving (and try and bear in mind this is coming from a guy who is terrified of heights and would probably have a heart attack in mid-drop; I assume it's thrilling, tho, because otherwise, why do it?). WoW comes out, you jump out of the plane. You're questing, free-falling, having a great time. You hit 60, there's dungeons, there's raids, you get some neat gear, but eventually you hit the ground. BOOM. Next expansion comes. Back in free-fall, oh man, remember how great this was? Hrm, ground's a lot closer this time, 10 levels, raids, BOOM, you're done. Next expansion, same deal. The one after that, 5 levels. I could be entirely wrong, but I believe this is part of the reason people are getting bored: there's an awful lot of end game, but not a ton of end game content. You gear up, then sit back for a while and wait for the next patch. This is why I support the pet battle system, it gives folks who want to do it something else to do once they hit max level, or really anytime they want to do it.

Anyway. WoW is not going to die from this, not even close. I'm going to play my troll monk, but I'm also going to play through each and every one of those 8 SW:TOR classes because I love story. Once the stories are done though, that is how I will gauge whether they will continue getting my money.

And, because this whole discussion has detracted yet another thread...OT: No, I doubt they will offer free stuff, people will leave for it, people will stay with WoW, people will try both, but Blizzard does not need to worry about TOR sucking everyone away.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

They already did, it's called Diablo 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Herrenos View Post
    "Years behind on every front" is the most fanboyish statement I've ever seen a WoW fanboy type.
    Well, add the caveat "with the exception of graphics and voice-overs," and it's 100% true.

Blizzard doesn't need to do anything, and though I don't think SW:TOR was the driving force (lol) behind the annual pass, it definitely helped prevent some from jumping ship.

Along with the patch, they also released new World of Warcraft commercials recently.

Now I'm not on WoW's dick or anything, hell I'm unsubbed and don't plan on playing again HOWEVER..why would Blizzard feel the need to combat a WoW clone in space that is going to fail anyways? Swtor literally adds nothing new or exciting to the genre other than more voice acting. And as others have said..annual pass.

The only thing that is going to give Blizz a run for their money is GW2, something that actually brings new gameplay to the table and refreshes the genre instead of the same shitty WoW clones every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Erza View Post
    Now I'm not on WoW's dick or anything, hell I'm unsubbed and don't plan on playing again HOWEVER..why would Blizzard feel the need to combat a WoW clone in space that is going to fail anyways? Swtor literally adds nothing new or exciting to the genre other than more voice acting. And as others have said..annual pass.

The only thing that is going to give Blizz a run for their money is GW2, something that actually brings new gameplay to the table and refreshes the genre instead of the same shitty WoW clones every year.
    I find your ignorance, as well as Drakhar's astounding. I really do. It isn't a damn WoW clone, and if you think GW2 is going to be something that brings new gameplay, and refreshes the genre, you need to see therapy of some sort. You're wrong.

Guild Wars 2 will be no different than any other MMO, just the same as every game before it. SWTOR isn't on WoW's dick, GW2 isn't on WoW's dick, Rift WAS on WoW's dick, and you are on WoW's dick. Anyone who can be so ignorant as to use the phrase WoW clone with anything BUT Rift, who OPENLY challenged WoW, is pathetic.

The only thing SWTOR can be accused of being a clone of, is the Star Wars genre itself. I find it hilarious that so many people call clone, and put down something they haven't even seen in action yet. Not to mention the ignorance of the term WoW clone itself, as if to say WoW is the begin all and end all of MMO's.

You know what WoW is a damn clone of? Every other MMO before it. Your god isn't so special.

Closing this. It was walking a fine line to begin with, but there has already been some game bashing and nobody likes that.