Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    anyone have any idea why?

---------- Post added 2012-03-11 at 02:11 PM ----------

Im guessing people have the same question as me well thanks anyways.

Deleted
    thanks for the guide, helped me a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Godmyster View Post
    It says here that i should go hast all the way but i see many people stack up mastery instead of haste, any reason why?
    It doesn't, unless you're talking about playing arcane. Arcane has some nice burst with mastery, so many might want to stack it over haste, but haste allows you to get a crap load of AB's out before you're noticed.

If you're talking about frost, mastery is the most powerful stat for frost, haste is pretty much worthless for it.

Deleted
    Awesome guide! Thank you very much

Deleted
    Maybe that you can explain me how I can combine my Blink and Frost nova in a macro or is this not posible?
    Also the Freez of my elemental is a issue is there any chance you can put that in a keybinding? or macro?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XtributeX View Post
    Maybe that you can explain me how I can combine my Blink and Frost nova in a macro or is this not posible?
    Also the Freez of my elemental is a issue is there any chance you can put that in a keybinding? or macro?
    /castsequence reset=1 Frost nova, Blink

But i think that it isn't a very good macro... i prefer to have blink in a hot binding like "Q E R F" and Frost nova in another one..

About your elemental's freeze you can do it a macro simply with

/cast Freeze

This is my macro to summon elemental, and if it's not dead with the same bind i cast freeze

/cast [nopet][target=pet, dead] Summon Water Elemental; Freeze

10+ Year Old Account
    yo, thanks bro helped me a lot

Deleted
    Hello,I also got spellsteal wich is rely handy but the Addon is right in the middle of my screen.
    does any one know how you move Spellsteal around?

OP says we should have 200-240 Spen I think maybe that should be re-visited;

I hit 85 a week ago on my frost mage got full PVP set and I have noticed I have serious problems slowing some melee players down in BG PVP. Most of the time it works can freeze. them hit them with frostbolts and maintain my distance but some players seem to be immune to slows , Wars and Enhance Shamans in particular.

Last BG I did I could not get any distance from a Warrior, nothing I did slowed him long enough to even get a cast off before he was on me again, extremely frustrating to say the least.

I suspect I need more spell penetration, I have 304 spell pen now if that is that not enough to overcome most resistance than perhaps we need to be stacking even more?

Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post

I hit 85 a week ago on my frost mage got full PVP set and I have noticed I have serious problems slowing some melee players down in BG PVP. Most of the time it works can freeze. them hit them with frostbolts and maintain my distance but some players seem to be immune to slows , Wars and Enhance Shamans in particular.

Last BG I did I could not get any distance from a Warrior, nothing I did slowed him long enough to even get a cast off before he was on me again, extremely frustrating to say the least.

I suspect I need more spell penetration, I have 304 spell pen now if that is that not enough to overcome most resistance than perhaps we need to be stacking even more?
    .... No. Spells can't be fully resisted and nullified any longer, they changed how the resistance system works I don't know how long ago. What resistances do now is reduce damage taken from different schools, plain and simple. Spell penetration reduces the damage reduction from resistances, that is all. The generally accepted spell pen cap is 195, though you'll overshoot that as any caster due to pvp neck/cloak but that's ok.

Enhance Shamans have a totem that removes slows every 2 seconds and has freedom on a 3 min cooldown so unless you manage to keep him rooted (which honestly you should be able to, maybe you're not using cooldowns properly) he's going to be on your ass. Warriors can Bladestorm to become completely immune to slows and roots in case you didn't know that. And lance more, hardcasting Frostbolt is not very often a good idea.

Also to anyone saying that Arcane isn't viable in arena and that it's only good in random BGs blahblah (looking at you OP), think again: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%A6/advanced
    (yes I know that the thread is called beginner mage pvp guide just calm down)
    Last edited by Ascendant; 2012-05-21 at 10:12 PM.

Deleted
    this is the best guide ive seen. lots of detail - answered many questions you would onyl think of asking if you were playing a mage already. great! also..it solved the buggering crit vs mastery question!!

Deleted
    Fantastic Post thanks a lot. I've just returned to WoW after years away so I'm finding this incredibly useful!

I was wondering if you could please possibly suggest a key binding layout Xiun? I'm a bit clueless as to where to start...I am the a fore mentioned click *forget where the spell is" die type mage :P A screenshot of your UI would be an awesome starting point actually

Either way, thanks for taking the time to write this!

Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post

The max spell pen one would ever need is 240. Anymore than that will do nothing for you. You only need 240 in the case of kings+mage armor anyways, and how often are mages using mage armor? In the case of your warrior situation, all you needed was 197.

That said....just grabbing either the neck or cloak piece from like Viscious S9 level and upwards give you plenty of spell pen, and usually more than you would ever need.

Deleted
    So i blitz my mage to 85 so i could have some fun on him before MoP as hes going to be my new Main, and i've been having some laughs in BG's as Frost so far, but i keep seeing Fire Mages so i decided to give it a try, only got 3200 Resi yet so i still expect to die and have to work a lot harder then as Frost, but to my question, Do i just use DoT's and Pyro/Fireblast/Scorch or do i use Fireball aswell? just i couldn't see anywhere telling me