Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Beta Fire Mage Stat Priorities

So I've been going back and forth trying to figure out what stat priorities are good for fire on Beta, and I guess I am either over thinking it or I am just not seeing the correct numbers displayed. My original thought process with looking at the way our mastery works out now (Being Ignite) I was under the assumption that it would become our primary stat due to how ignite is such a huge portion of our damage on Live. After a few raid tests every time I look through to see how much damage ignite was doing it was pretty much at the bottom of the list even though I was sitting at around 26% Mastery. My last assumption was basically Mastery > Crit > Haste. After my horrible performance last night I decided that was not the way to go and have recently switched to Crit > Haste > Mastery. With that build I was hitting some test dummies (Mind you only lvl 90 to compensate for the extremely low amount of hit we have in crap gear to make sure I didn't miss anything) with JUST fireball. Going through the log I did 775k damage (rounded) and with only 12.8% Mastery my Ignite only did 97k damage. Basically with napkin math it feels I lost about 2-3k damage. Granted that seems very trivial at that moment, but with adding extra spells like Pyroblast and then increasing that length by at least 5 minutes the damage loss seems extreme in a raid environment when needing to min/max everything. So my questions are this:

Has anyone figured out stat priorities for fire?
    and
    Has anyone else seen this issue with Mastery not seeming to work like it is supposed to or is my math completely off?
    also
    Maybe I need a clarification on how the Mastery really works?

Deleted
    why would you not get hit capped wtf

I'm also interested in this, hopefully someone knows a clear answer cause im stuck myself
    The unattainable best is the enemy of all the available betters.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    By not being hit capped I mean outside of the raids. Obviously if you are hit capped in the raids you will not be hit capped outside of the raids due to the buff you get inside the raid. Unless you are magically raid geared from raids that didn't drop gear.
    Last edited by Tzemisce; 2012-07-31 at 02:44 PM.

http://lhiveras-library.com/sites/lh.../mage_mop.html

This result may be a bit out of date, but it says for iLevel 463

Fire: Hit > Crit > Mastery > Haste
    Arcane: Hit > Haste > Mastery > Crit
    Frost: Hit > Haste > Crit > Mastery ( but I think the stat values for Frost here are incorrect)

Your talent choices will likely change the stats somewhat too, depending on whether you take invocation or not.

Deleted
    Actually, i don't know that there is a Hit buff, in raid or not.

But what I know is that if I don't have that Hit cap (15% in MOP), my DPS will drown in the lowest floor of the Abyssal Maw.
    It still too early to talk about definitive stat priority but only one things won't change: Intellect >> Spell Power >> Hit >> others stats.

If you choose to switch 2% hit to 2% crit (or haste or mastery), you will Miss for 2% of you DPS whatever it's a Crit or not. You're +2% crit will begin 2%x0.98=1.96% crit. I'm a little exaggerating it but this is globally why all casters will have to be hit capped.

(for more info, there's a good demonstration on wowwiki)

edit: The haste value for frost in this simulation was due to some bug and they have changed a lot since the change for FB's debuff and IV glyph.
    edit #2: is there a Sha of the ironic question?
    Last edited by mmocccfbebbec4; 2012-07-31 at 04:24 PM.

Deleted
    Fire: Int > hit > crit > mastery > haste
    However, when you can get so much haste that you can keep casting fireball and refreshing ignite before it ticks, haste will probably shift to #1. But this won't be for a long time.

EDIT: There's no hitbonus in any raid. He's probably refering to the gear scaling you get on beta.
    Last edited by mmoc130aeee1c6; 2012-07-31 at 04:20 PM.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok for those of you who got hung up on the hit thing. Gear scales in the Beta raids. Which means stats on the gear scales. Which also means, hit will be increased on that gear if it has hit on it....

For those who actually answered my question, thank you.

Deleted
    In beta test raid, the gear scale only because of the test. In release, the scaling will be no more.