Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

What i miss about world of warcraft

the things i miss about wow and i know a lot wont agree with me but to me they personalised the game for me was flint and tinder the ability to carry bullets having to feed a pet to make him happy once you caught it simple little things like that which seemed to have been overlooked when rping or basically making your character your own

Deleted
    I liked selling arrows as an engineer =) Especially those from icc pattern, made me a rich priest hehe
    Well, the old blinding powder for rogues seemed fun, and think they could craft own poisons as well?

Deleted
    I miss everything prior to 3.0

Honestly, these are things people tend to "think" they miss. Like I hear people say all the time "Professions would be cool if you actually DID them! like as a blacksmith you have to actually melt the iron, then ACTUALLY hammer it! that would be so awesome!"...yeah that wouldn't get old very quickly at all...

Its always neat when an MMO has cool little features at first. I remember when hunter quivers took up a bag slot, and would hear hunters (HUNTERS!) actually say "It makes it more realistic" lol, bet no hunter wants to go back to that. Over time features like this start off kinda neat, but over time they just become tedious and eventually you don't even notice/care that you do them until they simplify it in a patch and you think "Jeez about time!".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Menkey View Post
    Honestly, these are things people tend to "think" they miss. Like I hear people say all the time "Professions would be cool if you actually DID them! like as a blacksmith you have to actually melt the iron, then ACTUALLY hammer it! that would be so awesome!"...yeah that wouldn't get old very quickly at all...

Its always neat when an MMO has cool little features at first. I remember when hunter quivers took up a bag slot, and would hear hunters (HUNTERS!) actually say "It makes it more realistic" lol, bet no hunter wants to go back to that. Over time features like this start off kinda neat, but over time they just become tedious and eventually you don't even notice/care that you do them until they simplify it in a patch and you think "Jeez about time!".
    Imho, you are looking at it from the wrong angle.

Producers decide they want a game to take a new, 'fresh' approach in which they become more streamlined and attract more 'casual' customers (or so they think). Therefore games are made simple and easier. At first, players will cheer because it makes their lives a little bit easier. Like fast travel in Elder Scrolls, or flying mounts in WoW. But after a while, people wonder why the game isn't as fun anymore, and designers (and producers) stand perplexed wondering why people leave. I worry the same thing will happen to Diablo, from features like the Cauldron that allows you to sell stuff on the road, removing any need to travel to town.

The key is to KEEP the games complicated and a bit hard to get into. That's how they got succesful and that's what people want, in the end. We want to struggle, because it makes the rewards oh so much sweeter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    Imho, you are looking at it from the wrong angle.

Producers decide they want a game to take a new, 'fresh' approach in which they become more streamlined and attract more 'casual' customers (or so they think). Therefore games are made simple and easier. At first, players will cheer because it makes their lives a little bit easier. Like fast travel in Elder Scrolls, or flying mounts in WoW. But after a while, people wonder why the game isn't as fun anymore, and designers (and producers) stand perplexed wondering why people leave. I worry the same thing will happen to Diablo, from features like the Cauldron that allows you to sell stuff on the road, removing any need to travel to town.

The key is to KEEP the games complicated and a bit hard to get into. That's how they got succesful and that's what people want, in the end. We want to struggle, because it makes the rewards oh so much sweeter.
    And what makes you think you speek for the mkajority of gamers? Just because you think these things doesn't mean that we think these things. I am happy that i don't have all the things you're talking about cluttering up my bags anymore personally. Lets me do more of what i want to do. Really the only thing thus far that i wish wasn't in the game is the LFD tool. I did like going to the instance and summoning my guild and party mates to the instance and tackeling it as a preformed group. added a bit of the "world" if ya know what i mean, but i know this isn't everyone's opinion so i won't give it as fact the way you're giving your opinion.

I just wish we could go back to patch 1.11 and experience Naxx 40man the hardest instance of all.

I miss playing my resto druid during classic. It was so fun having 50g+ repair bills from learning Naxx (+ flasks and potion costs) and having no way to easily earn money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

Deleted
    filling your bags with arrows sure was fun.

---------- Post added 2011-12-06 at 03:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by FreeTheRock View Post
    I just wish we could go back to patch 1.11 and experience Naxx 40man the hardest instance of all.
    You do realize it would be an utter joke compared to the raid instances we have now?

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Well, the old blinding powder for rogues seemed fun, and think they could craft own poisons as well?
    I don't miss either of these. Spending 20 minutes before raids brewing poisons was not fun. Neither was loading my bags up with vanishing powder.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawwad View Post
    You do realize it would be an utter joke compared to the raid instances we have now?
    I take it you never raided Naxxramas back then?

Infact current raid content is insultingly easy when compared to shit like the original four horsemen and C'thun (prenerf), not to mention the twin emps cockblock
    Last edited by mmoc3784f78918; 2011-12-06 at 01:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blimey View Post

He's probably confusing Naxx with MC/BWL/Aq40 where tank n spank was pretty standard.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

The encounters themselves were not that hard compared to today. It was more about organization. Having to have 8 geared tanks (with the 3 set tier 3 bonus) for an encounter was pretty insane. Also it was much harder to get flasks for an entire raid...... you actually had to make 40 or 80 flasks depending on how long you were raiding. Now its just Drop a cauldron !!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    And what makes you think you speek for the mkajority of gamers? Just because you think these things doesn't mean that we think these things. I am happy that i don't have all the things you're talking about cluttering up my bags anymore personally. Lets me do more of what i want to do. Really the only thing thus far that i wish wasn't in the game is the LFD tool. I did like going to the instance and summoning my guild and party mates to the instance and tackeling it as a preformed group. added a bit of the "world" if ya know what i mean, but i know this isn't everyone's opinion so i won't give it as fact the way you're giving your opinion.

Not a very useful argument to bring in a post where you do the exact same thing you accuse me of. Calling yourself 'we' and claim to represent the community. I know many feel like you do, but we all know that a large portion of the community seem weary with the game, as shown by the dropping subs. This could be caused by a wide range of things, but obviously the things I brought up are part of the issue. Just follow the pattern in games and 'streamlining'. Nearly always makes a worse product.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob6875 View Post
    The encounters themselves were not that hard compared to today. It was more about organization. Having to have 8 geared tanks (with the 3 set tier 3 bonus) for an encounter was pretty insane. Also it was much harder to get flasks for an entire raid...... you actually had to make 40 or 80 flasks depending on how long you were raiding. Now its just Drop a cauldron !!
    If you were to look at it from just one person's pov like a mage or a warlock then it would probably look very dull though.

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwBmB0v72vg mage PoV on KT

Quote Originally Posted by Gawwad View Post
    filling your bags with arrows sure was fun.

---------- Post added 2011-12-06 at 03:03 AM ----------

You didn't raid Naxx 40. Sorry, but you didn't. Saying Naxx 40 is a joke is one of the most ignorant statements I've seen on here in a few weeks. Firelandz waz hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss everything prior to 3.0
    I personally think 3.2 was the beginning of the end. At least in 3.1 you still had to do Naxx before doing the best raid ever thought of by mankind. In 3.2 you just went "LOLFINALTIER" which unfortunately is still happening to this day.

I miss my rose-tinted glasses. They made me think Vanilla and BC was better than everything else. Gosh it was so much being turned down for heroics because I was a fury warrior. Nothing more fun than farming for a whole week, all day long, just to have mats for the few raid nights.

Ahhh, memories...

10+ Year Old Account
    You know the small details are the things that matter to a lot of people, the small details that made wow feel like an mmo, made to sit up and pay attention to detail.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    You know the small details are the things that matter to a lot of people, the small details that made wow feel like an mmo, made to sit up and pay attention to detail.
    +1 the small things gave WoW it's charm, over time those things were changed/removed. Thus the charm was removed