Thread: So I'm torn...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'm starting to suffer SWTOR withdrawl as well, can't play *any* game at all without getting bored.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    I played the beta weekend and i wasn't overly empressed :/ Few things stood out for me i really enjoyed but overall it didn't do it for me. I'm still considering giving it a proper try though once it's released. Hope you enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by nogard64 View Post
    How can people not expect SWTOR to be better than wow?

Wow came out in 2005 probably uses technology and graphical engine created in 2002. So how do you expect it to stack up to SWTOR a product using 2011-2012 technology?
    I have pretty much hated the looks of every MMO since WoW. Better GFX doe not mean better game.

That said, I really enjoyed the look of SWTOR during this last beta weekend.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Not sure this is the place to get an unbiased opinion, as 99% of the people posting here will say yes you should play
    99% of people in almost every forum will say you should play. Quality game is quality. Unless of course your forum is www.hater-aid.com or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Not sure this is the place to get an unbiased opinion, as 99% of the people posting here will say yes you should play
    I actually posted on the video games general and it got moved.

It's the same story over and over again. It is so easy to jump ship because the new Star Wars game feels new. There is a mystery to it. You will realize a few months down the road that you aren't tired of WoW, you are just tired of MMO's in general.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amontoya86 View Post
    It's the same story over and over again. It is so easy to jump ship because the new Star Wars game feels new. There is a mystery to it. You will realize a few months down the road that you aren't tired of WoW, you are just tired of MMO's in general.
    i dont think this could be any further from the truth you play a game for 6 years + and the dev team doesnt add anything to the game other then the same reused boss fights and cant balance classes with out nerfing a spec into the ground over and over you get sick of that game

I played WoW for almost 7 years. I have been playing (computer) games since DOOM (and arcade games even longer) and I have never played anything for as long as I have played WoW. I need something new.

And I'm definitely not tired of MMO's. In fact, I haven't been able to play single player games since I started playing WoW.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypr View Post
    I have been playing wow since pre nerfed bc and mainly one toon. I have loved this game for a long time and never had many complaints till now. It's just not doing it for me anymore. I made the mistake of playing the SW:TOR BETA weekend and lets just say I can't even log in anymore. I have zero motivation to even show up for raids. Im not here to tell you I'm quiting wow because you dont care, I want to know will you play TOR, did you play the beta, and why will you or won't you play TOR?

Sorry if this in the wrong place I'm new to posting

And I don't know how to make a poll.
    Im in the same position. Have recently put a month on my WoW account but after playing for the past 2 beta weekends I have lost all interest I had in WoW. I'm going log on tomorrow to see what title I will get from arena, after that I think the account is going to be sold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because EVERYONE thinks like you right?

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Because EVERYONE thinks like you right?
    Why, yes we do.

All hail the master mind Amontoya86, he who rules our minds!
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

I'm going to give it a month or two, i've played the beta and liked it but the fact remains anything with the star wars name will sell. I want to see how well the game goes after release before buying it and devoting 15 bucks a month to it. People call it another wow killer, but a lot of games have been named that.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    I'm going to give it a month or two, i've played the beta and liked it but the fact remains anything with the star wars name will sell. I want to see how well the game goes after release before buying it and devoting 15 bucks a month to it. People call it another wow killer, but a lot of games have been named that.
    I rarely see anyone in these forums in support of ToR calling it a "wow killer" frankly most of us do not want it to kill wow. Healthy competition helps both of those games.

Quote Originally Posted by Thornstar View Post
    I rarely see anyone in these forums in support of ToR calling it a "wow killer" frankly most of us do not want it to kill wow. Healthy competition helps both of those games.
    More importantly, trying to cater to tens of millions of subscribers ruins a game and waters it down so that it can appeal to the lowest common denominator.

I'm going to play it for a month then take a step back and look it over. Meanwhile I can not wait to run around shooting lightning from my hand and I wont be placing any totems that's for sure!

I have been playing wow since pre nerfed bc and mainly one toon. I have loved this game for a long time and never had many complaints till now. It's just not doing it for me anymore. I made the mistake of playing the SW:TOR BETA weekend and lets just say I can't even log in anymore. I have zero motivation to even show up for raids. Im not here to tell you I'm quiting wow because you dont care, I want to know will you play TOR, did you play the beta, and why will you or won't you play TOR?

Sorry if this in the wrong place I'm new to posting

And I don't know how to make a poll.
    Yep I'm playing SWTOR because I want to have fun. I am going to milk the crap out of this experience, it is going to be like the book you couldn't put down because it was a good book. WoW is the book you couldn't put down because you have a report due tomorrow.

I actually posted on the video games general and it got moved.
    Lol, not sure you would have gotten a fair an unbiased opinion there either

It's worth the free month finding out, if I hadn't played beta I would not regret buying it at launch and trying it. I personally won't be buying it at launch, I am going to wait and see how the end game pans out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thornstar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    More importantly, trying to cater to tens of millions of subscribers ruins a game and waters it down so that it can appeal to the lowest common denominator.
    This and this.

I played the TOR beta (the general test group, not the weekend test group) and to me it constantly felt like I'd played the same game before. It struck me that I had - it is more or less WoW with a few extra bells and whistles. Not a bad game, mind you, but I'm really tired of WoW-style MMORPGs, so I don't think TOR can offer me anything I'd be interested in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I will continue playing WoW, I have played it for eight years (was one of the first to play the alpha client) and see no reason to stop. I do think my days in it are now numbered as I move closer to finishing the last boss that I frankly have any interest in (Deathwing) and am looking forward to an eventual return to the RTS that made Warcraft what it is.

I won't be play Star Wars. I played the beta and was hugely disappointed at its lack of both modern graphics and innovative storytelling. Let it be known that I don't consider Neverwinter Nights mixed with Knights of the Old Republic to be a forward thinking form of multi-player storytelling.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.