Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mainman View Post
    but im saying blizz knew about this and still released the patch
    What does that have to do with Paragon exploiting the bug?

Lots of players got banned, and quite a few who did exploit did not get banned. I also know one player who did not exploit, but still got an 8 day ban for the LFR loot abuse. Blizzard, in true meathead style, used a nuclear bomb to sort out a kink in the road. Where were the bans for Ataramedes and Magmaw exploits, which were clear? Ok, so it's better to act sometimes than never? Perhaps so, but when acting act proportionately and at least try to act consistently. The main point is act proportionately: Banning so many players over so many guilds for 8 days ruins the ranks (which most raiders do care about to some degree, unless your outside the top 1000), and reduces a lot of raiding fun for players.My solution would have been to remove all loot gained via the LFR exploit, and issue each identified account with a warning that any future violation of the rules and policies will result in an instant 28 day ban. Instead, Bliz twiddled their thumbs for the first few days, and then nuked accounts for 8 days just on the eve of hardmodes. This tier is now almost ruined by heavy-handed, slow decision making, from a company that badly needs some competition.Wait, what's that mmo out on the 20th? Star something?

Quote Originally Posted by Xaroc View Post
    Its not a bug its just blizzard that forgot to turn off some important stuff and to prevent showing people their mistake they ban people and call it abuse.
    This is not Blizzard's fault. Sure, they probably didn't have time to fix a hole in the matrix, but the guilds that actually exploited the bug are the ones at fault. MMO's are an iterative environment and you can't possibly expect Blizz to be perfect. I will give you one million wulong for the first example of a perfect company you can find on this planet. And by extention, you cannot also expect these guilds to not take advantage of a situation that would ultimately work in their favor regardless of outcome.
    "No better burden can a man carry on the road than a store of common sense." - Hávamál, st. 10

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJester210 View Post
    They're only sorry they got caught..
    I Agree, if nobody ever noticed they wouldn't have said anything

Quote Originally Posted by Vallius View Post
    What part of "Sorry" is hard to get here, guys? I geniunely believe they are sorry about having to do this, but the fact remains that they did have to do it. No amount of faux-White Knightery on your end changes that fact.

It's easy to sit behind your desk and judge these guys because it doesn't effect you in the slightest. Maybe you feel that expressing your disdain for what they did, on an internet forum board, will somehow increase your chances of positive perception from the WoW community? I don't know. What I do know is that these guys had to make a play call that went in their favor anyway.
    Dude, if they are truly sorry. Then they should NOT have exploited the bug in the first place. Instead of exploiting, maybe they should be REPORTING it.

They are ONLY sorry because they got caught, they would never be sorry for what they did. Or maybe Paragon is a bunch of mentally handicapped or something. You see a bug, you have 2 choices, 1: Report a bug and help the MMO to be better, or 2: Exploit and get caught, and hopefully saying "sorry" will their suspension be lifted.

Why do you believe that they are truly sorry? They are not, I do not think there are dumb enough player (or people) who doesnt know whats right and wrong. Exploiting a bug is WRONG in an MMO. Just like murdering a fellow citizen is wrong.

Do not feel sorry for them. They got what they deserved, honestly.

Has this really been enforced? Look at Wakoz on Lightning's Blade.How is it possible to have obtained all these upgrades within a week?

all i got to say is haha ,spewin they put in so much hard work in earlier cata raids to get shafted due to there own stupidity ,, didnt this happen with the World first H -LK fight due to saronite bombs being used on platforms , they found that bug exploited it , they found another bug to exploit easier gear from LFR , give them a week ban and really stuff em up , a guild who has such a high demand for skilled players dont have much between the ears if there dumb enough to try exploit a flaw in the game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaroc View Post
    Its not a bug its just blizzard that forgot to turn off some important stuff and to prevent showing people their mistake they ban people and call it abuse.
    this is what ive been trying to say, never will blizz admit this was caused by retardness but banning ppl for it is $£^&

its blizzards fault the bug was thier not paragons or any1 elses
    An analogy: You see an ATM machine that is opened up, and there's cash. Apparently, the technician servicing it got some into some kind of emergency and forgot to close it.
    There is a camera above the ATM machine.

Your actions:
    1) Take the money.
    2) Leave it alone.
    3) Let local authorities know about the open ATM machine, but still take money.

1 and 3 is what guilds like Paragon did.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

Cheating it is

Quote Originally Posted by TheNiteOwl View Post
    Has this really been enforced? Look at Wakoz on Lightning's Blade.How is it possible to have obtained all these upgrades within a week?
    An exploit, in video games, is the use of a bug or design flaw by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers.[1] It is often colloquially abbreviated sploit. Exploits have been classified as a form of cheating; however, the precise determination of what is or is not considered an exploit can be controversial. This debate stems from a number of factors but typically involves the argument that the issues are part of the game and require no changes or external programs to take advantage of them.

READ THIS IF U THINK IT IS NOT CHEATING

who wants to bet they are allready off there suspensions, and are ready to go for world firsts?Oh look. another slap on the wrist for the real exploiters, while people who "Explore" get perma-bans and bots and gold sellers run rampant ruining economies.

Quote Originally Posted by Vallius View Post
    What part of "Sorry" is hard to get here, guys? I geniunely believe they are sorry about having to do this, but the fact remains that they did have to do it. No amount of faux-White Knightery on your end changes that fact.

It's easy to sit behind your desk and judge these guys because it doesn't effect you in the slightest. Maybe you feel that expressing your disdain for what they did, on an internet forum board, will somehow increase your chances of positive perception from the WoW community? I don't know. What I do know is that these guys had to make a play call that went in their favor anyway.
    So sorry that they didn't make a post on day 1? So sorry that they didn't start trolling people with armory? Lol, they deserve this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course it was the players' fault, but it also was partly Blizzards' fault aswell.

Think about it like this:

9 out of 10 top guilds use that exploit and get t13 4-setbonuses for their tank, a raidwide shield wall. Now, the 1 guild that didn't use the exploit would be left far behind in the race considering how powerful a raidwide shield wall is on bosses like Zon'ozz and Ultraxion. This is the part where players are responsible for using the exploit, they want to be able to progress fast.

The fact why people blame Blizzard is that they've dealt with exploiting in numerous different ways, which includes not doing anything at all. Due to this uncertainty of how Blizzard will react to the exploit this time, many of the high-end guilds felt forced to take the risk of using said exploit not to lose any ground on the race to world first. If Blizzard would've had a clear line on how they deal with every exploit, no one would've even tried using the exploit when they would know for sure that there's a ban incoming. This time they were unsure, which lead to using the exploit on the grounds of not being left behind in progress. A risk well worth taking for the high-end guilds to be honest.

And although this post might seem like it, I don't condone exploiting in any manner or way, I just understand the logic and reasoning high-end guilds used when weighing the pros and cons of using and not using the exploit.
    Last edited by Tekloth; 2011-12-06 at 09:26 PM.

Deleted
    why so much hate lol looks to me like a lot of little kids are jelly cos they arnt in a top guild

10+ Year Old Account
    They knew well what they were doing, I've lost plenty of respect for them seeing this. They're only apologizing due to the fact that they were banned. I'd apologize too if something were this important in my life and I was suddenly told I couldn't do it anymore. Somebody please crush them in World First so they see where their greed has gotten them.

Deleted
    Cheaters, nothing else I can say.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolman View Post
    Dude, if they are truly sorry. Then they should NOT have exploited the bug in the first place. Instead of exploiting, maybe they should be REPORTING it.

They are ONLY sorry because they got caught, they would never be sorry for what they did. Or maybe Paragon is a bunch of mentally handicapped or something. You see a bug, you have 2 choices, 1: Report a bug and help the MMO to be better, or 2: Exploit and get caught, and hopefully saying "sorry" will their suspension be lifted.

Why do you believe that they are truly sorry? They are not, I do not think there are dumb enough player (or people) who doesnt know whats right and wrong. Exploiting a bug is WRONG in an MMO. Just like murdering a fellow citizen is wrong.

Do not feel sorry for them. They got what they deserved, honestly.
    Have you read any of my posts on this subject beyond my response to you? I am in no way saying what they did was right. It -was- cheating. But you must also not be very hip to these guild races if you think they all play out like perfectly monitored turtle races. I assure you that they do not.

And yes, I do believe they are sorry. But, again, as I've said multiple times now they won either way. Blizz came down on ALL of these guilds, not just Paragon, and it's usually those other guilds that get away it. At least with this outcome they are all still, technically, on a level playing field.
    "No better burden can a man carry on the road than a store of common sense." - Hávamál, st. 10

why so much hate lol looks to me like a lot of little kids are jelly cos they arnt in a top guild
    An exploit, in video games, is the use of a bug or design flaw by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers.[1] It is often colloquially abbreviated sploit. Exploits have been classified as a form of cheating; however, the precise determination of what is or is not considered an exploit can be controversial. This debate stems from a number of factors but typically involves the argument that the issues are part of the game and require no changes or external programs to take advantage of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellsbane88 View Post
    People cried for bans for the people that did this. And when the bans are handed out, people cry that there were bans handed out. Simply amazing.
    First group of people was vocal when exploiting happened, and second (exploiters/fans) were mostly silent.
    Now the first group of people are less vocal than the exploiters who cry unfair.
    Third group of bright individuals thinks that first and second groups are mutually inclusive.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

If anything they should have been perma-banned for this. I am glad they will be out of the "world first race" for their stupidity but the "apology" is nothing short of insulting. This exploit is not something you just "stumble" into. They actively went after this bug and abused it again and again in order to get ahead. If anything a 8 day ban is just a slap on the wrist, they should have been perma-banned for this. The "im sorry so sorry" routine is the same reaction a child has when he gets caught doing something he knows hes not suppose to be doing. Cheating is cheating kiddies, and they knew they were doing it and decided the risk was worth it. Is it worth it now?