Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's easy mode. They need the gear more than you do, obviously.

And it is absolutely fair.

See, if you're a good player in there, just trying to suppliment your gear a little before the real raid, then you're going to get gear in the real raid. It will be better than what they have. So, by dint of your superior play, you WILL get better gear than them.

So, the system is fair. So what if some slackers don't do 'enough' dps on easy stuff? Who cares? Did the boss die? Yes? Then move on with your life. Better luck next week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gakpad View Post
    I heard the good players kill heroic raid bosses and get the good loot. LFR is not good loot, therefore good players still get priority. You seem to be mistaken - everyone has an equal chance on the subpar loot that honestly will get replaced in due time if you are a "good" player.
    This might be a shock to you but a player being good doesn't automatically mean they're in a guild with 9-24 other good players clearing heroics.

Deleted
    I never really had any issues with this before, because in 5 mans it doesn't matter hugely since, like you said, you can re-queue.

But when you do a LFR run where people are just sitting their doing bad DPS and not even remotely paying attention to tactics, it does start to get annoying. I don't mean to sound self-entitled or anything, but there are some trinkets I'd like to pick up from LFR, as well as getting the 2pc bonus (fed up of 1-shotting myself with Shadow Word: Death on certain fights) that will help with our Heroic progression this week. When people do nothing but dps the boss (not even good dps) and die halfway through the fight, and still be allowed to roll on items, it's kind of frustrating.

The problem is like Ultima said though, you can't really assess good play with a computer. There would have to be a "Vote for lootban" option for specific fights, but even then, people would abuse it.

If they were there when the boss died, they're entitled to loot. If you don't like that, be a big boy and make your own raid.

Quote Originally Posted by EZduzit View Post
    Please ditch the entitlement issues and congratulate a player for winning a roll, even if you consider them an inferior player. A positive gaming experience (i.e. downing a boss and winning gear) will encourage them to continue playing. Better yet, why don't you help them or encourage others to offer help to improve their performance and put that shiny new gear to use.
    This...so much...this..
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

If Blizzard offered rewards for better performance the LFD/LFR tools would be much more succesful. This would encourage good players to do LFR and LFR only users to learn.
    Probably more fun considering right now in LFR half the raid can ignore all mechanics and still down content, dumbing shit down is NOT fun.

Blizzard are smart guys, monitoring who interrupts/cds when needed/HPS & DPS seems plausible. And they dont necessarily have to hand out gear, giving them an X amount of points added to their need rolls would be enough.

Some sort of perfect number that's a contribution of damage done/healing done scaled by your iLvl (so 390 people don't automatically get all the loot, everyone has to do good for their gear level) and ratio of avoidable damage avoided (so people don't get done by RNG unavoidable damage) would be perfect in my eyes. Sure it doesn't work for tanks but with 2 tanks in the group who really cares.

Something like roll bonus multiplier 1 + (DPS/MaxTheoreticalDPS + DamageAvoided/(DamageAvoid + DamageNotAvoided))

Could be further adjusted depending on fights for things like interrupts, attacking the correct targets, stacking/spreading, soaking damage (airship).

I die inside when the people who literally click 0 times on Ultraxion or just afk for entire fights win all the loot.

Of course, this will never happen. It's fun to dream.
    Last edited by Dorfie; 2011-12-07 at 03:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    impossible to legislate for but annoying all the same. I tanked LFR last week on my DK and won nothing. the other tank who was terrible, didnt taunt off on debuffs etc basically dpsed in bear form won three pieces. we had loot i could use drop off each boss. RNG is RNG I guess. Annoying as it can sometimes be.

I don't mind low dps players getting the gear. What bothers me about the loot system though is how There can be and enh shaman, ele shaman and resto shaman. Lets say shoulders drop off of Ultraxion, so obviously the the ele/resto shamans are like "yay shoulders" BUT NOPE the enh shaman gets them for some fucked up reason, cause blizzard thinks it's fair that they should get it for their offspec.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootz View Post
    What about a system where everytime you lost the roll on an item, your next roll (on that same item in a seperate week) would have 5 added to it, stacking until you finally won the item. Would that be fair?
    Only assuming you rolled against the same person/people every time. What happens to someone who doesn't need anything the whole raid, but has to roll against you who needed 6 things earlier in the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    I know that from the PoV of that "bad" player, it's not fair - but seriously, I think there needs to be a) more drops from raid finder b) another way to distribute loot, potentially based on deaths or performance.
    Here's a scenario for you. Tank dies, and all aggro goes to me. I die 'just' before the tank get a brez. There are now no more brez's available and my dps looks like shit. I am a) the lowest dps, even though I was doing beast deeps prior to my demise and b) I have 1 death counted against me.....so now you're saying I shouldn't get any gear because of this, correct? After all, it doesn't matter that the healer wasn't paying attention and let the tank die, all that matters is that the recount says I am a bad player.

2nd scenario. Mage in our party is doing beast dps, but he keeps standing in shit and the healer is spending waaay too much time keeping him up. Because after all, let's keep the best dps alive even if he is a moron. This guy has done almost twice as much dps and the next person, and has no deaths. Should he get the gear because of this, even though he has no raid awareness?

When I was raiding Wrath we have a DK that was awful! I play a DK too and was always the top DPS. (He was 2H frost, I was unholy). He won the gear that I wanted. Instead of QQ'ing I helped him with his spec, showed him some good macro's and taught him a better 'rotation'. I spent hours on dummies and in vent with him, helping him improve his class. He ended up becoming a much better player and moved from lowest dps, (even under the tank), to 3rd place.

Blizzard prefers catering to casuals and/or bad players because nowadays they are their biggest cow to milk.

On some fights, Recount tells me who didn't switch to adds/slimes/orbs/etc. Sometimes it's obsession with putting up the numbers that makes you a baddie.

So, go ahead and objectively define "good players"...

High DPS/HPS? Can be gear advantage, or their spec's current state is sub-optimal, that influences DPS and HPS.
    Avoiding lots of nasty stuff? hard-casters are going to LOVE this one, or melee, again highly uneven.
    Interrupting a lot? That can cut DPS, see point 1, not all classes have convenient interrupts.

All in all, judging players as good or bad isn't as easy as you make it out to be, just deal with the fact that grouping with random people, they might win something to (Deservingly or not)

Main is 8/8, I have run LFR a total of 8 times across different toons now and have only won 1 piece of loot. I have been in countless runs where people win items and leave it on the boss corpse rotting.

Either they are too noob to realize they've won loot, and need to go back to retrieve it
    or they are too noob to pass.

These people, in my eyes, should not win loot. I have seen enough tier tokens to complete two 4pc bonuses for my alts stay on boss bodies just rotting.

Everyone in LFR is too busy derping instead of using their head, thinking to play the game.

As far as loot priority for good players, thats really a community based decision, and why we have guilds etc..

I love how people QQ about "good" loot going to bad players. "GOOD" loot isn't RF. "GOOD" loot would be normal or heroic mode. Stop thinking that because your dps is better you're a better person. I won ONE token last night on my under-average character and got garbage for it all night, and made fun of. But WHO was one of the ONLY people to not ignore boss mechanics, and to NOT die to cutters on Hagara? That's right. Me baby, Me.

Just because a person has bad dps doesn't make them a bad raider. Mechanics are important, and maybe once you do REAL raiding, you'll come to realize that. That or you won't realize it and people will make fun of YOU for a change.

It's all random, deal with it. They don't assess you and then determine who gets what rolls from there. My main didn't get anything last week as to where my alts got lucky and won a piece. If you really think you're amazing.. run the real raid.
    Last edited by Sarahstrasza; 2011-12-07 at 04:14 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    Some may see it as a QQ, but I'm trying to render justice here.

I just finished a RF with this Shaman. He was pulling 12k dps, but yet won 3 tokens in a 4-boss run because he was lucky. As much as I was 2nd place overall with an iLvl of 371, he still won them over me, because it needs to be fair. I understand.

Now, same thing happened to a DK in my guild. Lost some tokens to some people who clearly couldnt use it as much as him, but it has to be fair. Next story: I was in LFR last week with an enhence shaman who was doing 45k dps single-target, a real beast. Didn't know him but it was nice. I felt, again, bad, since I knew that tier could have went to better use.

I know that from the PoV of that "bad" player, it's not fair - but seriously, I think there needs to be a) more drops from raid finder b) another way to distribute loot, potentially based on deaths or performance.

Thoughts? I'm tired of this kind of stuff in LFR. It's not like heroics where you can re-do them over and over again until they drop...
    The problem is defining a "good" player. Many players who are generally terrible think themselves as good

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is proof again that people will complain about anything.

People who are complaining about "bad" players getting gear in LFR need to get over their big bad selves. LFR's tuning is intended for people who aren't as skilled, gear or have time to raid on regular schedule. The -side effect- is that it's a place for skilled raiders and people who regularly raid to get upgrades.

In short, if you're a skilled player or a regular raider, LFR is NOT DESIGNED FOR YOU. Stop bitching.
    I'm a crazy taco.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard does give better loot to better players, this just doesn't occur in LFR. It happens in real raid instances where the best guilds are farming heroics while the average ones are still clearing on normal.

The best players will always have the better gear sooner than everyone else. That hasn't changed.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    An easier solution would just be to increase the item level requirement.

Not saying I agree with him, but its an easier solution.