Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    If you are that good then the raid finder is not aimed at you, so get over it.
    Again this is turning into another 25/10m lockouts farce where running extra content is done by those with the opportunities at the expense of those who do not.

Just imagine they may be some 10 year old son/daughter of someone raiding for the first time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    If you are that good then the raid finder is not aimed at you, so get over it.
    Again this is turning into another 25/10m lockouts farce where running extra content is done by those with the opportunities at the expense of those who do not.
    I disagree with you and believe this couldnt be anymore wrong.
    Are you saying LFR is for bad players and it doesnt matter if people go afk mid fight, pull low amount of dps, or abuse fellow raiders for example swearing at each other?

Why would anyone that uses LFR be ok with dps that does 7k and wins loot by just doing autoattack damage+dmg that come from autoattacks.
    Why would LFR player be ok for people who kill themselves for standing in fire and still get loot?
    Why would LFR player just be thrown into people who refuse to do anything other than abuse the system because they can?
    Because "its meant to be bad system"? Because "its not meant for good players"? Really?

People are abusing LFR because they can. There is no punishment for being afk midfight as you are IMMUNE to punishment.
    You cant be kicked on combat, during loot rolls and even if you kick them out they still got loot and you got locked to boss, even if people let you die as punishment they still get loot and valor.

Heres my take on what might be done to improve the system in future

I don't raid anymore, but in the past I was ALWAYS top DPS. Top on trash and every single boss fight. We actually stopped using loot council because so many people complained that I was always getting loot first and they threatened to quit the guild. Luckily, I already had the BiS gear by the time they switched, and I quit raiding before the next tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla Eyes View Post
    I don't raid anymore, but in the past I was ALWAYS top DPS
    lol @ ALWAYS

That's how elitist behavior starts. "I was better than random scrub so I deserve loot moar", "I topped dps meters while tokens went to 8k meleeing huntard", etc. etc. As you stated, 12k Shaman was lucky - RNG is RNG, no force can change that. This is how Blizzard sees "fair chances for everyone". Will explain later.

Now, answering to:
    a. more drops. Won't happen. That's how Blizzard want's you to keep paying your subscription. Showing you phat lootz while giving pretty low chance of getting it. You wouldn't be interested in raids if you get full t13 hc in 2 weeks and for next 2-3 weeks just faceroll Deathwing HC. It's simple: oh, you didn't get your drop this week? Try next one...and next one...and next one...
    b. another way to distribute loot. Again, won't happen. Simply because of fast disproportion that could produce. Imagine this: 10 ppl enter, they are equally skilled and geared. But during a fight 2 of dps get good procc streak thus their overall dps count gets additional 5k. According to your idea they got loot as the best ones. Next time, same grp enters the same encounter. Those to lucky dps pull more dps due to their skill magnified with new gear they got previously. They top dps meters again and again win loot as the best ones. Soon you will face situation when loot goes to the best geared person (who vendors it since he has everything he needs and wants) while you get NOTHING despite you pull 125% of what you are capable of. You just simply too low geared to compete.

That's why Blizzard incorporated RNG to loot drops. To equalize chances. You entered, you helped - you deserve equal chance of getting loot. Also, on what basis you would determine who was better? How you would compare taking damage as tank to healing done? What is more important, raw dps count or overall damage done? (I can have less dps than you but do more dmg in the same time than you - who is better?). That's how "performance" option fails. Death count - ok, bite this:
    1 tank, 2 healers, rest dps scenario. Tank somehow loses aggro, 1 healer CC/silenced, Boss is charging at 2nd healer. I (paladin) Hand of Sacrifice/ taunt off the boss, blow all CDs, bubble just to get few more secs. Healer goes out of CC, I got 2 shotted and dies. Tank picks Boss, raid kills him. I'm the only one dead but I prevented wipe. Due to your ideas I lost loot because I died while others did not. Death count method failed.

So we are back to 'ol RNG based loot distribution. For now the only one that is equally fair for everyone. But RNG can be a bitch while loot goes to ppl who sees it as minor upgrade while you (and I) could finally replace blue 353 shoulder with purple 378 one...

The other method of loot distribution is similar to Oculus and Lay-Guardian satchel. Instead of 2-5 items from boss you get a satchel that have a chance of containing an item that's suitable for your spec/role. The drawback of this method would be lowered drop chances to compensate overall higher chances for specific loot.

I think Blizzard isn't interested in fast gear acquisition. That is why you see so few drops per boss which is distributed by RNG gods that don't give a shit who would use it better. All RNG gods care of is who rolled the higher number.

ive not won any loot on LFR yet it happens!

Although I kinda wish the loot prio system was put into 5mans. Had a fury warrior need on the tank trinket from the arch bishop guy. He ofc out rolled me by 5. I then ask if he would sell it to me he just lols and calls me a sucker and leaves. Gotta love the randoms! Only time ive seen the trinket too :P oh well always more times for it to drop.

Deleted
    had a 6k dps arcane mage (how is that possible ...) on ultraxion win like 2 items. Then we had some idiot who fell off spine (when whole raid was shouting to get to the tentacle grip) win alot of loot and then a rogue with full 397ish gear takes the bow off deathwing with obviously no intention of ever using it, just to be a spiteful noob.

LFR always gives baddies goodies, its just sods law.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    Some may see it as a QQ, but I'm trying to render justice here.

I just finished a RF with this Shaman. He was pulling 12k dps, but yet won 3 tokens in a 4-boss run because he was lucky. As much as I was 2nd place overall with an iLvl of 371, he still won them over me, because it needs to be fair. I understand.

Now, same thing happened to a DK in my guild. Lost some tokens to some people who clearly couldnt use it as much as him, but it has to be fair. Next story: I was in LFR last week with an enhence shaman who was doing 45k dps single-target, a real beast. Didn't know him but it was nice. I felt, again, bad, since I knew that tier could have went to better use.

I know that from the PoV of that "bad" player, it's not fair - but seriously, I think there needs to be a) more drops from raid finder b) another way to distribute loot, potentially based on deaths or performance.

Thoughts? I'm tired of this kind of stuff in LFR. It's not like heroics where you can re-do them over and over again until they drop...
    The loot distribution system is a huge issue.
    You cannot have performance based loot distribution in an automated tool period.
    If you fail to see the reason, you have a problem. It is customers pressing a button. Strangers amongst strangers. Certain people would never win anything with the system you re suggesting. The game will lose a big part of its player base. You don't want that.

If you re getting tired with automated tools it is a problem you have to deal with yourself.

Now lets go to the guilds.
    Guilds that raid have a team with strict or not so strict rules on who is in the team and who is not.
    In all the guilds besides world top guilds the skill level between first and last player varies greatly in 25 and not so much in 10.

By giving the loot to the best players, all you do is making sure that the skill gap between your best and worse player will increase by adding on top the gear gap.
    In the end, the best player, if it is not the guild leader will feel so like "im a god man, need to find a better team" that he will go.
    The worse players might stop playing as well since they re always the last to get an upgrade.

What is the benefit for the team?
    Spoiled good players having everything their way till they quit the team
    Unsutisfied mediocre players that by dropping out create replacement problems as well.

Team collapses.

Loot should be based on a reliability based system or what is best for the team system.
    Awarding a 397 item on a great player with 391 is not better than awarding a 397 item to a mediocre player with 378.

And any kind of loot system that is not luck related belongs to guilds.
    Automated tools and pugs have to be luck related, just in case they manage to kill more than a boss before they fall appart.
    Last edited by mmoc4cbbce03d2; 2011-12-08 at 01:25 PM.

People will say RNG is RNG. But...it's happening so often, that the worst numbers on a fight are winning rolls, that I'm starting to wonder if there isn't some system in place to favor the lower numbered player. Some sort of "they need it more".
    I dunno...probably coincidence...but one that sure seems to occur often.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EZduzit View Post
    Please ditch the entitlement issues and congratulate a player for winning a roll, even if you consider them an inferior player. A positive gaming experience (i.e. downing a boss and winning gear) will encourage them to continue playing. Better yet, why don't you help them or encourage others to offer help to improve their performance and put that shiny new gear to use.
    I don't want baddies to continue playing =/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardorius View Post
    I don't want baddies to continue playing =/

"Baddies" are making you look "Good".
    In a wow full of good players you might be the next that falls in the "baddies" category.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelrock View Post
    People will say RNG is RNG. But...it's happening so often, that the worst numbers on a fight are winning rolls, that I'm starting to wonder if there isn't some system in place to favor the lower numbered player. Some sort of "they need it more".
    I dunno...probably coincidence...but one that sure seems to occur often.
    That's not true, I won roll being first healer, I lost being mid-dps and also won as mid-dps. BUT one thing I have noticed so far and people also reported frequently is the fact that if someone needed on one boss, several items and had the bonus role, this person would win all items. It happened to me winning 2 identical tokens on the same boss and another time it was a player from the same class who got 2 different tokens on the same boss.

15+ Year Old Account
    Regardless of what is most justified, there is no way for the game to measure who is a better player. Roll based loot system is one of the worse ever, however, for a PUG you cannot use anything else.

Guild's often use more skill based system as a part of loot council and trust me, it's not perfect either. I've seen many good players being given all the loot on prio and then ditching the guild selling their accounts or just leaving for another guild. Making skill a part of loot system is a double edged sword.

The other aspect is that if you deny bad players gear they will have harder time to become better. I am aware that many baddies will stay bad but there are people who are bad cause they lack experience.

Do normal raids with a guild or a group of friends. At least if you lose the roll, it will be to someone who will help you push the progression of said group.

And that also means you have a better chance of getting that item next time you run.

LFR to me is just a loot pinata like BH and VoA before it. Easy fights, tons of loot, hope you get lucky.