Graphic equalizer for Win 7 x64

I have an "AMD High Definition Audio Device" as my sound device and was hoping to find a way to have a graphic equalizer somehow in Windows. I have one that works in media player but I'm looking for one that runs system wide.

Sorry for the lack of proper terms but I'm not a real genius when it comes to pc hardware.

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only time I have run into a system wide equalizer is in the sound card tray app on some sound cards. I can't name one off hand. My motherboard sound card has one, but it is a x-fi based card.

You need either sound card drivers with equalizer or a music player with equalizer. There's no third option in between.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    I think you need a dedicated soundcard for that tbh

That's what I figured. I've had pcs with an equalizer in the sound settings but it must have been some different hardware.

Depends entirely on the sound card drivers. Some built-in audio chips have pretty advanced drivers with hundred things to tweak, some chips have nothing. You could try to google for more advanced drivers for your specific audio chip if you're feeling adventurous.

For example the drivers in my Asus P8P67 Pro (Realtek ALC892) has equalizer among other things. Other things like freely assigning all audio jacks to input or output as you want.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Correct me if I'm wrong but the "AMD High Definition Device" is from your AMD video card (the HDMI output). What motherboard do you have? If you look at the specifications for it and if the integrated sound on it is from Realtek then you do have a system wide equalizer if you install the drivers for it. Realtek is not the only manufacturer of integrated sound cards that offers an equalizer through their drivers, I believe almost all of them offer that option.