Poll: How long will your first sitting be?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Voted 11-24, but it largely depends on when I get early access, since I'm from EU it might end up being in the evening and I don't plan on staying up late to any extreme lengths to play it.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    i will probably end up playing for about 36 hours straight, I've only done this once before and that was cata release and i don't like sitting on my arse all day but i excerscise and awful lot so it won't be a big deal. When i did this in cata there was a good 15-20 of us on vent by 16 hours or so only 2 of us survived Its one of the best gaming experiences i have had leveling with a mate for over a day and messing about on vent.

This is the bit where someone tells me to get a life but it's a one off!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    as much as i can, 24 hrs+ first sitting, yay for vacation wooo \o/. And ofc goes without saying, I have no life.

Quote Originally Posted by ZEROWASHU View Post
    1 to 5 simply because it is still a game and I don't want to burn out. I know people taking vacation just to play this game which boggles my mind
    Ehh...when you can't afford to go on vacation or do anything else, why not? lol It's about as close to a vacation as I will be getting for at least another year....

I doubt I'll take time off work for it, but I can easily see me using up my entire evening for the first go. So 1-5 hours for me.

Assuming I get in on the 17th, a group of friends and I are having a mini-lan party that weekend just for this game. I see ourselves easily staying up all night playing it xD

Depends entirely on which day of early acces i get in.

If its the first day, the thursday, i have to work the next day so ill only play at most 5h. Same if i get in on the last day of early acces which is the monday 19th.

Friday and ill play later obviously cause i can sleep Saturday. So perhaps around 8h.

But if i get in on Saturday morning, ill easily play 20h. Got the whole weekend cleared.

Sunday i dont wanna get to bed to late, i have a meeting monday. So 15h or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruinku View Post
    We can all agree that if you eat/deal with bodily needs but return right away to the game that it'll still be considered your first sitting.
    Incorrect!

If you do not have sufficent meal and snacks next to your desk and void containers for bowel movements, then YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!

10+ Year Old Account
    11+ for the first few days I expect. Not gunna go for the caffeine overdose leveling style to smash out getting to 50 fast - I'll just play a lot with plenty of breaks.

I guess it really depends on when I get into the game.

If I'm lucky enough to get in on the 15th then I bet I play not more than 5 hours since there is work the next day.

However, If I get in on the 16th. You can bet I'll be there much more than 5 hours.

It's all in the time of when I get into the game from early access. I would like to be well beyond the starter world before the masses get in Dec. 20 and if I can pull off the same thing before the 3-5 days of early access then thats all the better too.

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Working. Unfortunately. But on Christmas Day (well, night) i'll probably play alot.

I'm aiming for as long as I can. I experienced beta for a bit and fell in love with watching my character grow through story elements. I'll play until I fall asleep or have to go to work.

No sleep til 50!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    #TeamTinkers

Eh.. I'm pretty extreme when I take a liking to games. I sat through the entire game of Prince of Persia in a go when it first came on PS2. It was the story that gripped me and since this game is heavily story based I will have to wait with my first sit down until my exams are done with. I am pretty sure I will be playing a minimum of 8 hours in a row if I don't pick a character I dislike.

It's a bad habbit of mine. Same thing happened during christmas when I got books. Gripping stories make me go marathon mode and I become a living statue in a chair with only a single lamp for light. I hardly eat until done with it. Having been addicted to WoW and played that during the holidays, which made my family slightly disappointed in the past, I will make some restrictions this time.

This is an MMO and not a single player game you can complete in 8 hours without too much hassle, so I'll just set the alarm and hope I listen to it for once. Let's give it 8 hours of constant gaming in a go.
    There is common sense and ignorance. Choose one and accept the consequences.

Depends when it opens up for me...If its at like midnight, probably in the 3-5 range. If its during the day, probably in the 10-12 range.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    a few hours. Games released on a weekday FTL.

That and I haven't preordered. I'm sure if I did my early access would be on Monday and wouldn't change how much time I'd get to play anyways. I'm not in a rush to level anyways.
    Last edited by Sephiracle; 2011-12-07 at 03:03 PM.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

10+ Year Old Account
    I put in my pre-order code about 4min after they officially went on sale so I just assume I'll be playing on the 15th. Booked off from the 15th through 3rd (yes i can do that teehee)
    My first stretch I'm planning to go for at least 12 hours straight. Maybe longer. While playing the weekend beta time just flew by and before I knew it it was saturday afternoon.

10+ Year Old Account
    excluding Eating times, I'll probably start playing Asap. I'll then keep playing till Misfits is on, which is about 10 oclock....

On Sunday
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    11+ hours for sure, it just so happens to be that I'm on a two-and-a-half week holiday from work starting the 15th. I swear that this is a coincidence .

When TBC had it's midnight launch here I played straight through to the other night, that was a blast.

24+ waited to long for this game. December 15 cant come soon enough.