Poll: What do you think?

Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

10 Man Raiders: Ever want to go back to 25?

Until cataclysm I have always raided 40/25 player raids because it was a requirement to get none gimped gear, but in Cata I have raided 10 mans pretty much exclusively and love it, to me it's better in almost ever way and have no desire at all to go back, I'm wondering if others feel the same.

This isn't a '10 man is easier than 25' thread, the idea is to gauge if the majority of people who raid 10 man choose to do it or that they just can't find 25 players.

I would also love to hear from other raid/guild leaders who have managed both types of raid.

IMO 10 man has the following advantages over 25

- No need for a loot system, /roll or players just decide between themselves whos going to gain the biggest upgrade.
    - No constant waiting for that 1 afk or disconnect on progression that end up costing 5-10 minutes between every pull.
    - Easier to spot mistakes and correct them / Easier to hand hold an average player to get them up to scratch.
    - You get to play with 9 friends you like rather than a bunch of recruits who don't socialize at all in the guild.
    - Guild drama pretty much non existent.
    - Player turnover percentage is much less.
    - 2 Days a week is enough to still make progress
    - From a raid/guild leader perspective 10 man requires 1/50th the work a 25 man does. (Although I agree if your guild runs 2x 10 mans its the opposite)
    - More responsibility individually, particularly for DPS and healers, you feel like your contributing to the fight, no-one can be carried in 10 heroic progression.
    - Less Lag!

The disadvantages are

- Doesn't feel anywhere near as epic when downing a new boss and sharing that experience with 24 others.
    - Loot is much harder to get as you only need most pieces of loot once and RNG will waste a much higher % of loot.
    - Legendary takes forever.
    - 1 person missing the raid can screw you over, and having a backup isn't ideal if you have 10 very stable members.
    - Raid buffs and makeup is annoying and its hard to get all the buffs.
    Last edited by Kegsta; 2011-11-22 at 04:41 PM.

only for more raid buffs, and more cinders

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been in 25 man heroic progression, 25 man casual and 10 man heroic progression guilds. I am currently in a 10 man heroic progression guild and although I do like being able to spot a fail much easier I miss having the plethora of raid buffs you get with a 25 man.

However, I do not miss having a couple derp tards being carried in 25 man where as in 10's, if you suck you are spotted right away and get sat, no room for fail.
    So yes, I do miss 25's, a lot. I enjoy 10 mans for now, unless I can get into a serious 25 man, I have no plans of changing back.

Edit- WTB a freaking demo lock >_>
    Last edited by Saegno; 2011-09-06 at 04:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

My guild had considered merging with another guild on the server for 25 man Firelands. While I think it would've been fun at first, I kinda enjoy the 10 man raiding scene better.

I like 10 man so much better and I would not go back to 25 unless it was the only option for me to raid. As said above (and in my experience) there are more baddies in 25 man and if someone messes up in 10 man they are usually spotted then removed. 10 man also feels like how most encounters are designed for, and because of that feeling I enjoy it more.

Granted I'm not a 10m raider, but as a 25m raider I can honestly say I couldn't bring myself to do 10m. I love raiding with the people I raid with. All 24 of them. To me it wouldn't be anywhere near as much fun if 15 of them were missing. Which is something I've come to appreciate a little more after reading some of the horror stories people tell of other guilds. Even if I were in a different situation, I still would be the epic feeling that comes with raiding with such a large group. To me 10m isn't a raid. It's a glorified 5m.

10+ Year Old Account
    I raided 10... Guild had an uproar, we recruited ruthlessly and ate another guild to return to 25.

It was that bad.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Im running 10 man right now but would love to do 25 again, but the GM and RL's don't want to. I love the guild to much to leave for a 25 man one.
    "one never escapes from the compulsion and chance to be powerful" Peter Sloterdijk
    i5-4690k --- ASUS Z97-A --- 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600 --- EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3

Quote Originally Posted by Saegno View Post
    So yes, I do miss 25's, a lot. I enjoy 10 mans for now, unless I can get into a serious 25 man, I have no plans of changing back.
    Same, I miss doing 25's but I do enjoy the group I run 10's with currently, if I could find a group 15 other raiders(to merge with our 10man group of course) that are similar to the other 9 I currently run with I'd be happy but since that likely isn't going to happen I'm content with my 4/7 normal mode progression guild.

I also wtb a mage that will raid and play fire for Alysrazor.

In wrath I was in a big 25 man raid guild 11/12 h icc at the time before cata but gave up and did other things long before it. Anyway we downsized to two 10 mans and i left and joined another 10 man guild. I like 10 man because I like the majority of the people while in 25 I might hate about half the people because they are either purely annoying or purely retarded however, with that said... 10 man doesn't provide the epic feeling since there are less players and less buffs. In a 25 raid there are more buffs and obviously more people banded together to achieve something great essentially by defeating the current content and whatever. I definitely like the idea of 25 mans better but it might be a bigger headache with more people so I'm content with 10s.

I have the gear, the achievments from all of the hardmodes killed while relevant, including server first HLK 25 and sinestra in march, to go to a hardmode 25 guild if I wanted.

I went casual before firelands, choosing to raid easy mode 10s for a few hours on saturday, and have knocked out some H FL 10 as well in that group. Since my guild has broken up besides those of us staying casual, and I find myself missing the heroic 25s.

But.. then I remember, I enjoy having the free time to spend in other ways. And the clincher is that there is no reason in this console version of an MMO to do hardcore progressive raiding anymore in the game. Every teir is like a full blown gamewide gear reset, where welfare gear trumps the hardmode, the fights are essentially the same and attunements aren't needed. It's a joke. I really just play becasue i've bought the damn xpack already, and I do enjoy it as a timewaster and shooting the shit with the people I run sat afternoon with.

Unless there is a huge change to the raiding dynamics next xpack, as in a return to TBC i'll be opting on passing on wow all together.

So to answer, I"d rather be raiding 25s. but there is no reason to anymore. =(

10+ Year Old Account
    I only get pissed that 25s get more legendary drops than 10 man, so it feels kinda gimp. But its better than not at all.
    Adding bewbs to his Avatar since 2011

Quote Originally Posted by the9tail View Post
    I only get pissed that 25s get more legendary drops than 10 man, so it feels kinda gimp. But its better than not at all.
    There would be no point to do 25 man raids if they didn't do that, all casters would have gone to do 10 man.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Prefer 10 man more convenient. 25 man is tougher to get together and tougher to get that many dedicated people consistently.

10+ Year Old Account
    I much prefer 25's to 10's.

10+ Year Old Account
    In all honesty I'd rather do 25s, but when my options were forming a solid 10man guild, or being unhappy in a mediocre 25 man, the choice was rather easy.

I run 25s, I enjoy 25s.

I won't settle for a 10m guild for my main.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was Main Tank for a 25M guild in WotLK and I found it quite good, but now I am only raiding 3-5 hours a week in a guild (10M) with mates having heaps of fun no stress sitting at 6/7 Normals, we started late on tier 11 we only got 12/12 norm and 2/13 HM. We are all mates in RL and the atmosphere in the 10 man is a lot better and you know each and every member so less serious raging going on.

I'd love it to go back where 25-mans dropped better gear, but it's not possible anymore:\.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

I raided 10m and 25m in wrath and never enjoyed the 25man raids, getting everyone actually online was a real chore and when we did get them online getting them organized, at the raid ready for the raid, on vent was half of the trouble... back in wrath I was in a fairly large alliance guild. We had two regular 10man teams but they also basically recruited whatever had a pulse...

We TRIED to do 2 nights a week on ICC25 but the only problem was that my guild was not very good and the quality of people they recruited that they brought in to raid was even worse. It was quite often that we were carrying people in greens who had never done a raid before and had no idea really how to play their class... as a result we'd spend ages trying to get the randoms on vent which was always a chore because they'd never have it installed and had no idea how to use it and even worse we'd do the farm bosses on night 1 and then only half the raid would show up for day 2.

the 10man teams both got kingslayer titles in wrath and one went on to be casual and just doing ICC10N for fun, the other one went on the hard modes and got to 11/12HM. Just before cata they decided that 25man was just too much effort and dropped that and have stayed a 10man guild ever since. I don't raid with those guys but I definitely enjoy doing FL10 and don't want to even try the 25man version lol

i don't think all 25man raiding guilds are like that. Just the scrubby alliance one I used to be in. but that was enough to put me off for good
    Last edited by Nasriel; 2011-09-06 at 06:06 AM.

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3