Problems with Madness of Deathwing. Would really need some Help(10)

We have problems with the last platform, For some reason we get blood+ tentacles on the hand at the same time, and at the same time Cataclysm is starting. = wipe
    Kill order : Green, Red, Blue and last Bronze

We are running
    Prot Paladin
    Resto Shaman
    Resto Druid
    Fury warrior
    Ret paladin
    Shadowpriest
    balance Druid
    Demo lock
    Rogue

tried everything we tried to save the Blue for last but we cant mannage to kill the big tentacle before the boom= everyones dead, We tried to stack before it hit= dead tank. we tried tank bouble we stack= dead anyway, What to do? What are we doing wrong?

I can say that our lowest dps are currenty pulling 36k Dps and our highest 45k.
    Would also Like to say that we have me, who puts a skull on the right blood so we dont stand retartly and just Aoe, Single target Skull all the way, With prio on the Tentacles on the hand, Then blood.
    We also tried to pull Hero in this phase and we did mannage but wiping on last phase due to tank beeing killed on 2de adds.
    Thanks in before hand.

Rashi
    Last edited by Rashi; 2011-12-07 at 10:07 AM.

Deleted
    To deal with this we sent two dps to the last platform on the first phase to DPS down the last claw thing while everyone else dealt with the first platform on their own, we normally call the two dps back once the last platform claw is down to 70% this makes the last platform much easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    DPSing the other tentacles/limbs of Deathwing also makes you take more damage since the main tentacle + the tentacle where the 2 dps are are both bleeding on your raid. We tried this and our healers noticed a large increase in the amount of healing required to keep the raid alive. We also tried with the same method as the OP, but realized that the bloods won't die fast enough (for us at least) without singletargeting them down when killing Blue before Yellow.

We ended up with Green > Red > Yellow > Blue as the best way to go. With that you can have the Corrupted Tentacle down before the Elementium Bolt hits the ground if your dps is good enough. Also, do not stack if the Corrupted Tentacle is still alive, that will destroy your raid. The Elementium Bolts damage is based on proximity; the further you are from it the less damage you take. We had everyone in our raid running to the sides of the platform, and no one dropped below 35% HP when the meteor landed.

Solution: Blue last, use dps cooldowns on Corrupted Tentacle if necessary to burn it down before Elementium Bolt, if the Tentacle does not die before the Bolt hits the ground, use all of your survival cooldowns, run to the edges of the platform before the Bolt hits the ground, after the Bolt hits the ground dps it down asap = profit.
    Note that you can use Heroism/Bloodlust twice during the encounter if you pop the first Heroism at the start.
    Last edited by Tekloth; 2011-12-07 at 11:23 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Looking at your set up you shouldn't have any problems DPS wise!
    Fight in general favors multi-doting classes (from my own experience)
    We had different set up:

Prot warrior
    Prot paladin
    Holy priest
    Resto shaman
    Resto druid
    Boomkin
    Shadow priest
    Elemental shaman
    Hunter (myself)
    Combat rogue

Our platforms were: Ysera>Alexstrasza>Nozdormu>Kalecgos

First two platforms were joke and not worth mentioning really, just spread when big tentacle spawns and zerg it. Switch to Elementium Bolt as soon as it's possible to hit it.We tank those bloods close to the limbs and cleave them down fast.

Third platform (bronze) is slightly harder since Alexstrasza isn't finishing off those tentacles so after initial spreading and killing big add+elementium bolt, we all stacked up in front of limb and cleaved bloods down>zerged tentacles ASAP and AoE healed the raid.

Fourth platform (blue) is hardest one for sure.

First there is no slow on Elementium bolt -meaning it will hit the platform very fast once it's being cast.

We've basically had entire raid legging it on the opposite side of it's impact zone with some Raid walls usage and zerging it down VERY fast once it landed.
    Some defensive cool downs such as detterence works perfectly fine for Elementium bolt's dmg mitigation.

After that finish off big tentacle if it's still up and stack in front of the limb and repeat what you did on third platform.

At that point DPS requirements seemed to be really tight for us to beat Cataclysm so our healers helped a bit with dps when there was no tentacles up and tanks poped their cd's such as recklessness etc.

Phase 2 seems to be easy once you figure out how to dodge shrapnells dmg (via "Dream" and CD's usage) and always prioritize adds>Deathwing's Head.

Hope this will help you. ; )
    Serbian <MYST> , Draenor EU

Deleted
    My guild went with the setup

Tanks: 2
    Prot Pala
    Blood DK

Healers: 3
    Holy Pala
    Resto Shaman
    Resto Druid

DPS: 5
    Feral Druid
    Combat Rogue (Me)
    Shadow Priest
    Ret Paladin
    Surv Hunter

DPS for all was between 41k and 48k. Lowest was the Feral Druid, top was me, Combat Rogue.

We went in the order of Ysera > Alexstrasza > Nozdormu > Kalecgos

Everything is as normal for the first 2 platforms. On the 3rd Platform, Nozdormu's, we were just finishing the big tentacle JUST as the Elementium Bolt was in DPS range.

On Kalegos' platform, I had a Raid Marker at the back of the platform (Close to Kalegos flying dragon model). We nuked the Arm down till the Big Tentacle spawned, nuked tentacle (didn't kill it), had the raid stack on the Raid Marker at the back about 3 seconds before the Elementium Bolt landed (Prot Pala stayed on the big tentacle, tanking it). Killed the bolt within 3 seconds, switched back to the big tentacle, finished it.

After that went to the Arm, DPSed till the Oozes spawned, Tank gathered them on the Arm, AoE'd them down. Then nuked the Arm and switched to the Small Arm Tentacles when they spawned. I remember the DBM timer saying something like the Arm being on 21% life, when there was 21 seconds left to cast on Deathwing's Cataclysm.

Finished the Arm, jumped to Ysera's platform, had the DPS Nuke Deathwing, then switch to the tentacles when they spawned, 2 Big adds spawned, Tanks stacked them and when they died we popped hero. We saw 1 more set of adds and we finished him.

It seems like a very solid tactic. Only issues I can see are.

1) If the DPS is bad on the 3rd Platform's Tentacle, the tank might not have the Cooldown to survive Impale.
    2) If your unlucky the Big Tentacle on the 4th Platform could Slam just after the Elementium Bolt has crashed and done it's massive AoE, potentially killing a few players.

Edit: Just wanted to say on the 4th Platform when the Elementium Bolt is about to crash, and your raid is running to gather, this is the time to use all your Defensive Cooldown's, both raid and personal.

I soaked it as a Rogue with cloak, we had a Hunter use deterrence so she would be immune as it hit, Paladin bubbled, priest used Dispersion. Then we had the obvious Aura Mastery, Divine Guardian, Tranquillity.
    Last edited by mmocccce7a5f55; 2011-12-07 at 01:22 PM.

Don't push to 75% until blood is dead, problem solved. We did that with 5 DPS and still managed to beat cataclysm by 10 seconds so if you can't do it with 7 you've got a problem.
    Last edited by Dorfie; 2011-12-07 at 02:10 PM.

You must also pace yourself on this fight. If you push certain things all at the same time (For example my group once pushed bloods and tentacles at the same time) it will overwhelm you or make it hard to recover from.

Have your lock keep Bane of Havoc up on the last tentacle, refreshing it after the 1st and 2nd platform are cleared. Also make sure people are in the right spots for the final elementium bolt. With your dps, its going to be really hard to do the fight without ending on Kalecgos's platform, so i'd spend some time working with the bolt hitting.